I think the greatest part of Total War Three Kingdoms will be to FINALLY be able to recreate this scene in-game.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    yes

I may even dare to say Warhammer 2 is the best game to introduce yourself to Total War in general, as its the most newbie-friendly game in the franchise.

Do bear in mind that this game is not entirely RTS. Its partially turn-based strategy on a campaign map similar to what you can find in Civilization, and when two armies collide, the battles are in real time.
    I would agree with this. I didn't really like Total War until I started watching Angory Tom play it with Ben. Liked it enough to buy it and I spend a good afternoon playing this on the hardest difficulty trying not to get steamrolled by the Chaos.

Tomb Kings is ready for download now, some delay but working now.

Curse my venezuelan internet. Download is STILL not done. Almost 7gb, holy shit, this may be one of the biggest DLCs I've ever seen in my life. Entire Wow expansions aren't this heavy.

I'm not buying TKs yet, want to see more of their campaign first.

So in the meantime I'm just having fun with the new Brets. In Mortal Empires Carcasonne is kind of a mess. Orcs, Beastmen, Skaven, snooty High Elves, and that's in the first few turns. Luckily the Wood Elves kind of like me, but Mousillon is already growing too big so I'll have to go knock them out as soon as I'm able, I really don't want them to eat Louen.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as you unlock T2 units in the TK area. Start conquering your fellow TKs. Try and peace the Savage Orcs just to buy time to build up. The garrison for TKs is nothing at all. The only people to give you trouble are the Dwarves, Orcs and the Roaming Rank 8/9 super army.

The TKs are ridiculous in the fact that armies do not cost anything to field. Just research needed. Your gold income is absolute garbage though. So getting the ability to field better armies is such a hard task. Conquer suitable climates and sack/raze unsuitable climates.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2018-01-24 at 07:47 AM.

Well, got my first try at the Tomb Kings.

Fucking awesome faction. Ushabti with great bows wreck faces. Tomb Scorpions wreck faces. Hierotitans REALLY wreck faces. And holy shit the Legions of Legend are grotesquely OP. The LL Equivalent of the nehekaran warriors (can't remember their name) consistently gets 120+ kills on every battle, and are unbelievably hard to kill for a unit that isn't shielded or all that well armored (Though the fact that they're ethereal helps a lot)

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So in the meantime I'm just having fun with the new Brets. In Mortal Empires Carcasonne is kind of a mess. Orcs, Beastmen, Skaven, snooty High Elves, and that's in the first few turns. Luckily the Wood Elves kind of like me, but Mousillon is already growing too big so I'll have to go knock them out as soon as I'm able, I really don't want them to eat Louen.
    Isn't having actual enemies better for Bretonnia? I remember the first... many turns are just a passive crawl, since there's no way to build up enough army to actually expand. With more enemies, there's more income from battles and more XP for the armies, which means being able to start constructing buildings and unlocking upkeep reducing talents faster. When it's just orcs and possibly Mousillon, both of it takes forever, and there's really nothing you can do to get past it, unless I was doing something very wrong.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2018-01-24 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Isn't having actual enemies better for Bretonnia? I remember the first... many turns are just a passive crawl, since there's no way to build up enough army to actually expand. With more enemies, there's more income from battles and more XP for the armies, which means being able to start constructing buildings and unlocking upkeep reducing talents faster. When it's just orcs and possibly Mousillon, both of it takes forever, and there's really nothing you can do to get past it, unless I was doing something very wrong.
    Yeah, but when you have Orc uprisings from the event, Skaven attacking in numbers as is their wont, a HE army along the coast, AND Beastmen messing things up at the same time, and most of your units are men-at-arms that get trashed by literally everything on Very Hard, things get hectic quite fast. Thank goodness for Grail Guardians, I'm pretty sure these bad boys can beat half a stack by themselves if the Fay supports them with the Lore of Life.

Oh well, I've already eliminated Kazrak so there's that. My bigger problem is that he razed Tilea before I could do it, and now the Skaven have taken it and put rat poo all over the place. I'll have to decide if I want to eliminate them or Mousillon first. It's times like these where the Brets not suffering from supply line penalties really makes them shine, even with just one province I can field an attacking army and a small defensive one to support my walled garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    my god the tomb kings are a powerhouse faction. Especially the war puppy... excuse me i mean Warsphinx.
    So i'm doing a campaign as setra and this thing is such a MVP every battle. Always make sure you bounce him around between enemy forces to use that insane charge of his.

P.S if you do the quest battle for his crown... Go right first to flank those hellcannons. Artillary is not a fun thing to fight against.

No Tusk Club.

That fact your army is free and you get a 2nd army at turn 15 feels really strong yes. Even considering your basic units are complete garbage.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    my god the tomb kings are a powerhouse faction. Especially the war puppy... excuse me i mean Warsphinx.
    So i'm doing a campaign as setra and this thing is such a MVP every battle. Always make sure you bounce him around between enemy forces to use that insane charge of his.

P.S if you do the quest battle for his crown... Go right first to flank those hellcannons. Artillary is not a fun thing to fight against.
    Ohh hell yes, That Sphinx is fucking crazy. It can tank anything, and if you keep buffing it with the lore of nehekara to boost its defense and attack, it can solo a third of a full stack by itself. It just wont die. And if the enemy tries to kite it, it can even shoot back. I thought the Hierotitan or the Necrosphinx would be my favorite units of the TK, but nope, the Warsphinx beat them all at least for now (The scorpion is quite the infantry cleaver though.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Chariots fucking SHRED anyone and everything. I was failing hard in every battle, not understanding why my troops were dying so quickly. Watched a good vid on chariot macro. . . . and now. . Ho lee shit, rekt. Double top knots army @ 24 stacks, REKT by 4 chariots with good macro. I feel like the other units are just in the roster to lock people in place to chariot rape them. I just throw some skellys with spears and swords on the front line, wrap them up in the initial charge, and then use the chariots to hammer and anvil them over and over. So much better than calv, I dont think Ill even queue up another calv unit for TK again.

The mortal empires campaign just keeps getting better and better.
    I was this _____ close to calling into work today.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2018-01-24 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Chariots fucking SHRED anyone and everything. I was failing hard in every battle, not understanding why my troops were dying so quickly. Watched a good vid on chariot macro. . . . and now. . Ho lee shit, rekt. Double top knots army @ 24 stacks, REKT by 4 chariots with good macro. I feel like the other units are just in the roster to lock people in place to chariot rape them. I just throw some skellys with spears and swords on the front line, wrap them up in the initial charge, and then use the chariots to hammer and anvil them over and over. So much better than calv, I dont think Ill even queue up another calv unit for TK again.

yea tomb king is a very.... Hammer and anvil army i noticed in terms of how to use your troops. Warsphinx and chariots being the main reason for it. As your swordman and spearman are just a meatshield that hold the line and they will if you do it good while you deal with archers and artillary.

+ there real cavelry are the constructs necroknights and stalkers as they don't suffer the problem most normal cavelry units have ( there constructs in the end)

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    + there real cavelry are the constructs necroknights and stalkers as they don't suffer the problem most normal cavelry units have ( there constructs in the end)
    Ill have to try those tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

can you link me some of those videos? For the life of me, I can't use chariots for shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    can you link me some of those videos? For the life of me, I can't use chariots for shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pnXR0QSwRI
    This one really helped me realize the difference between Shock Calv and Chariots.

This one shows what to keep in mind on macro.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOliLvyhKdM
    Last edited by Beazy; 2018-01-25 at 12:21 AM.

I've got a really fun (and powerful) army of all constructs. I took Lahmizzash of the Fourth Dynasty, gave him a Necrotect, added the Heralds of Rasetra, Khemri, and Scorpion (still need to get Sphinx). Its got 7 Ushabti, 3 Ushabti with Great Bow (one is Chosen of the Gods), 3 Stalkers (one is Eyes of the Desert), 2 Scorpions, a Warshphinx, a Necrosphinx, and a Hierotitan. The (frenzied) Ushabti are crazy powerful, especially with the Necrotect right behind them, and the rest of the army pretty much support the Ushabti. So far I haven't run into anything that has caused them much issue.

This makes me sad that Sehenesmet isn't a Legendary Lord that starts with Ramhotep the Visionary (Necrotect) in Quatar. I wouldn't mind tackling this as a mod, but I'd need to see if I can add LLs and named Heroes that don't require start_pos modding.

Overall though, TK have some of the more interesting civ mechanics to date, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do u position ranged units (archers etc) to make most use of them or at least viable ?
    i play wood elves and as most elves they specialize in ranged combat. however i get rekt everytime.
    whether its empire melee units or orc ranged units.
    i just dont seem to know how to play. either my units kill their own or dont shoot at all. and i dont have enough melee of my own to cover everything
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC