Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not like there's gear upgrades from bc to wod anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    What? people do personal challenges in games all the time, and even if Heirlooms didn't exist I'm sure there would still be people doing stuff like "Only use Gray items while leveling" or the Lord of the Rings challenge where you can only wear certain types of gear.
    Yes, I've done ironman, and i love it, which is specifically why i said 'handicapping yourself has no place in the main course of the game'. I love gettign gear while leveling, but I hate that I have to handicap myself for it so it destroys the fun aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Yes, I've done ironman, and i love it, which is specifically why i said 'handicapping yourself has no place in the main course of the game'. I love gettign gear while leveling, but I hate that I have to handicap myself for it so it destroys the fun aspect.
    How is playing the game the way it was made to be played handicapping yourself? Besides, if you are having fun playing it that way, then why do you feel like you are handicapping yourself or really care that others are able to level faster?

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    With the changes to leveling speed it was a good opportunity to remove heirlooms... not because of the xp buff... but because it make people not looking for gear upgrade.. thats what make leveling boring..
    To you perhaps.

You don't speak for everyone though. What made leveling boring to me was the fact that it could be done whilst watching Netflix. 1-shotting everything with or without Heirlooms and outleveling zones by doing a single dungeon.

I will never start giving a shit about leveling gear ever again, it simply doesn't excite me like it did when I was new to the game and imagined that gear with a name in white was a big deal. I'll keep my heirlooms, thanks.

Deleted
    I'm not for removing heirlooms, but changing the form they come in.

They could replace them with enchants you put on your gear with just the XP bonus, so you can still upgrade your character with gear you loot during your leveling process, giving even more sense of progression.

It is a bit dull to see everyone leveling with the same mogs tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post

If the "handicap" destroys the fun, then perhaps there's an issue with your fun to begin with? I've leveled 40+ characters, some with Heirlooms, some through the Iron Man. I'm about to start a 7.3.5 Iron Man toon once Allied races come along. It won't be a handicap leveling that character without heirlooms, it'll be me playing the game how I want to play it with that particular character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    I'm not for removing heirlooms, but changing the form they come in.

They could replace them with enchants you put on your gear with just the XP bonus, so you can still upgrade your character with gear you loot during your leveling process, giving even more sense of progression.

It is a bit dull to see everyone leveling with the same mogs tbh.
    How good then that level 1 characters can now transmog into any appearance spanning up to level 60 content.

New players don't have heirlooms, old players usually have transmogs. It being "dull seeing everyone with the same mogs" is a non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've nerfed them already. There's no point in removing them altogether - they do, after all, confer a great bonus.

Plus, there's still a reason to gather gear from quests - transmogrification. With 1-60 scaling, level 60 world armor becomes usable for transmog at level 1. So really, heirlooms are just a small XP boost at this point.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Honestly getting tired of obnoxious people's desire to impose their opinions on others, like this OP.

Apparently it's taboo to let both crowds to be happy, seemingly...

I agree that removing heirlooms would be a good change to go with the leveling revamp. But, removing heirlooms isn’t practical as they’ve been an established system since WotLK.

I thought FFXIV’s alt-leveling system was pretty good. When you level another class, you get an XP boost up to the level of your main class. A similar system could be put into WoW for different characters below the level of your main, but again, I don’t think removing heirlooms is ideal, nor would the community receive it well after using, upgrading, and spending gold on them the last few years.

This would piss me off almost as much as not being able to Fly. I have spent a lot of Gold on Looms and upgrading them, just like I have spent a lot of Money on Flying and cannot use it. It pisses me off a lot that I spend a bunch of Gold, something that isn't easy to come across for me on something only to have it removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    With the removal of heirlooms the low level economy would be alive again! All world drops, blue, epic gear... crafted items, dungeon drops...
    No thanks, I don't enjoy being scalped by AH sharks. You must be a person who sells low level greens for outrageous prices, wonder why they don't sell and then blame heirlooms for it...

Levelling is much better now than when I had to do more management than actually levelling. What next, reintroduce running back to your class trainer every couple of levels to buy spell ranks? Because that was obviously exciting, immersive and absolutely not a redundant waste of time!

I would rather exp toggle or something. Like those potions. Gear has a lot of downsides and I totally agree they should be removed but I am perfectly happy leveling without them at this point.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

May i ask whats the deal with people hating/disliking heirlooms?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Should just be a permanent account-wide buff of X% applied to all classes that haven't reached the level cap. Or like whatever level it is your current heirlooms stop boosting too. That way people don't lose out on the XP buff but get to appreciate getting rewards from questing. Currently I'm leveling without them and sure at the end of it all it doesn't matter but I enjoy getting upgrades from quests and seeing my character grow stronger because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    How is playing the game the way it was made to be played handicapping yourself? Besides, if you are having fun playing it that way, then why do you feel like you are handicapping yourself or really care that others are able to level faster?
    Because I want both: have the 'efficient' way be the best fun way. I don't care about others so much as I care about the game being a good multiplayer game. People seem to understand if it is about a part of the game they care about. Selling 985 ilvl tier in the cash shop => 'are you insane bruh?' instead of 'don't like it, don't buy it'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    May i ask whats the deal with people hating/disliking heirlooms?
    The XP boost is great. Making so many slots obsolete to whatever quest/dungeon rewards you get is kinda sucky. At least in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If the "handicap" destroys the fun, then perhaps there's an issue with your fun to begin with? I've leveled 40+ characters, some with Heirlooms, some through the Iron Man. I'm about to start a 7.3.5 Iron Man toon once Allied races come along. It won't be a handicap leveling that character without heirlooms, it'll be me playing the game how I want to play it with that particular character.

- - - Updated - - -

How good then that level 1 characters can now transmog into any appearance spanning up to level 60 content.

New players don't have heirlooms, old players usually have transmogs. It being "dull seeing everyone with the same mogs" is a non-issue.
    You know very well barely any veteran player bothers to mog their heirlooms. The leveling pop is an army of clones. As for mogging level 1 gear into endgame sets it just doesn't make much sense either from an RPG perspective, but that's the nature of transmogging on its own that never made sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms were a mistake, just like flying was. The game would be better if both were deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If the "handicap" destroys the fun, then perhaps there's an issue with your fun to begin with?
    What is wrong with wanting the unhandicapped way to be a bit more fun?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Add heirloom belts,boots,bracers & gloves. Even if they got 0 / 2.5% / 5% XP bonus each. (that would make total XP either 55/65/75%)

I like heirlooms with scaling enchants too, yes Legion enchant work at level 1 (mark of hidden satyr for example)

Another argument is that a lot of TBC/Wotlk gear is simply terrible, missing secondary stats, underbudget.

As long as heirlooms don't work for current content at expansion releases, there's absolutely no problem with them.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-24 at 04:37 PM.