Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Expecting New Players to Raid Beyond LFR...

Maybe Blizzard doesn't have this concern because maybe it's enough for them players only buy the expansion and wait for all LFR wings to open.
    But i would like to talk about it because i have seen this other thread called "Casuals who say that WoW is too easy"
    Why should a Blizzard game designer expect new players to raid beyond LFR?

Put yourself in the shoes of a new player.
    You just came in to the game you leveled up, you are max level. You clear all LFR wings and beat the last boss of the most recent patch.

Now...it's time to stop and look around you. Calmly...

Lets pretend we are a commentator of "BBC Wildlife"

The newbie is feeling a variety of emotions. Should i raid beyond LFR?
    -There is this thing called "item level" but why do i need it? To be stronger? For what?
    Item level is only useful for world pvp which is neglected in this game. You dont even need item level for BG's and Arenas because of the templates.

-Is there some kind of "unique ego boost reward" in raiding? No, not really.

-The newbie is left with the idea that he should only do it...for the challenge.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with this i just wanted to say that YOU SHOULDN't expect new players to raid beyond LFR.
    Because the game is not designed to stroke the ego of said players.
    Right now the game is designed to "do whatever you like". Which is fine, but don't expect people to do things like normal raiding this way.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-25 at 02:05 PM.

new players who level to play with their friends usually play more than filthy introverted autistic lfr
    lfr is for solo players usually with some sort of social disability

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    new players who level to play with their friends usually play more than filthy introverted autistic lfr
    Friends? What is this you talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Friends? What is this you talk about?
    my point exactly

Right now the game is designed to "do whatever you like".
    You make it sound like it´s something wrong with the fact that the game is designed to do whatever you like?

Wasnt this always the case?
    That you were free to do exactly what you wanted?
    I for one know that when i started playing a couple of months in vanilla, noone forced me to do anything and that has been the case ever since.

I mostly run LFR with a bunch of guildies.

Same with Normal.

Usually LFR is mostly for my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mostly run LFR with a bunch of guildies.

Same with Normal.

Usually LFR is mostly for my alts.
    usually play more than filthy introverted autistic lfr
    thanks for that, yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    You make it sound like it´s something wrong with the fact that the game is designed to do whatever you like?

Wasnt this always the case?
    That you were free to do exactly what you wanted?
    I for one know that when i started playing a couple of months in vanilla, noone forced me to do anything and that has been the case ever since.
    I'm not necessarily saying it's something wrong, just saying you cant expect people do do stuff for the challenge alone.
    A new player may not see it as interesting or something.

this is the same for any triple A game no?

these games generally have an ultra easy mode that is near impossible to fail at or after you fail a couple of times is stealth nerfed to the ground.

Some players just don't care about raiding and want/need the easy loot you can get from it.

I only raided LFR last months to get gear for my Artifact Challenges.Since im done with them, i have no reason to log and do anything.

Plus i don't care for raiding since i had bad experiences before.

It all falls down to the player to decide what they want and will do.Blizzard's job is to give then the option to do so.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Since the SNES/Genesis (maybe even NES) days games haves have often given you a choice of difficulty. A lot of gamers like to play through something on easy to see the content, only to play it again at a more challenging level. Some gamers like to be challenged the first play through. Some gamers are fine with playing it one time and just moving on to whatever content is next.

Regardless of what your preference is, I feel Blizzard has done a pretty dang good job of providing options.

Just so we are clear...LFR is the "easy" difficulty for the raid content.

If you are bored with the game, I'm willing to be you've still put way many more hours into it than you do most other games and probably just need a break from it.

Deleted
    so lfr is your limit.
    friendless oaf.

Maybe Blizzard doesn't have this concern because maybe it's enough for them players only buy the expansion and wait for all LFR wings to open.
    But i would like to talk about it because i have seen this other thread called "Casuals who say that WoW is too easy"

You just came in to the game you leveled up, you are max level. You clear all LFR wings and beat the last boss of the most recent patch.

-There is this thing called "item level" but why do i need it? To be stronger? For what?
    Item level is only useful for world pvp which is neglected in this game. You dont even need item level for BG's and Arenas because of the templates.

-The newbie is left with the idea that he should only do it...for the challenge.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with this i just wanted to say that YOU SHOULDN't expect new players to raid beyond LFR.
    When I was new, I didn't know, what stats my class needed. I didn't even know, what gear type I needed. I knew nothing about my rotation and things like DPS. I would never have started raiding, if Naxx wouldn't have been so easy and my Shaman wouldn't have been invited just to use Heroism at proper moment. And you expect new players to start do organized raids right from start??? Lol.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Right. And your wonderful view of them is not an issue.

I agree with this... but even veteran players..

I have always been chasing an Ilvl, and I thought why?

So I got AotC and unsubbed

Quote Originally Posted by peaky blinder View Post
    so lfr is your limit.
    friendless oaf.
    I don't think I've done lfr outside of trying to help guildies get tier items for their alts, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Right. And your wonderful view of them is not an issue.
    It isn't. It's a cesspool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    When I was new, I didn't know, what stats my class needed. I didn't even know, what gear type I needed. I knew nothing about my rotation and things like DPS. I would never have started raiding, if Naxx wouldn't have been so easy and my Shaman wouldn't have been invited just to use Heroism at proper moment. And you expect new players to start do organized raids right from start??? Lol.
    I guess my point is, right now, you shouldnt expect new players to raid because the game is not designed to stroke the egos of said players.
    And like so, you shouldnt expect playes to raid.

Sometimes people are surprised by people not raiding, like in the thread i quoted. It's not really a matter of surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is this obsession with "new players"?
    It's the local forum kid trying to personify his opinions

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is this obsession with "new players"?
    It's not just about new players, though. I know many people who started playing years ago and are in a similar situation as described (and I'm one of them). There's not much reason for these people to go beyond LFR aside from "the challenge."

Maybe there's a transmog set or something similar, but it would require many runs.
    The only GOOD incentives I remember seeing were mounts such as the moose in the end of HFC.

Deleted
    I only LFR because

A. It's easier to just queue up
    B. Less elitists
    C. Normal + doesn't vary enough to warrant me doing
    D. I usually only run a raid once per character