Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Peterson also thinks Frozen is propaganda

What an odd individual... he has some crazy ass views from what I've gathered in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm fighting for the right to be a bigot? Please explain.

Oh, and if that's your line then anyone who votes Republican deserves to be called out for allowing white supremacists to be a part of their party.
    You're asking for mentally ill people to be given a chance to take people to court over any perceived injustice they might feel related to their fucking mental illness.

What could go wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is. It has been for a little while now. See, online we use shortened words because we tend to have to use brevity when posting on various platforms. Welcome to the internet.
    Only by those trying to obscure the nature of the violent far left groups that call themselves Antifa.

Deleted
    Sure it is. It has been for a little while now. See, online we use shortened words because we tend to have to use brevity when posting on various platforms. Welcome to the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's how I identify? Yes. Especially in a country with laws against hate speech. You shouldn't be allowed to denigrate me or discriminate against me because your mind is too small to accept more than 2 genders. See, this is no different than any other legal protection from discrimination. For some reason some bigots are upset they can't be openly bigoted. Good luck with that anger.
    Oh wow. You use the same title and wonder you get lumped in with them. Cray-cray.

You're projecting again there, bub. You shouldn't be able to denigrate or discriminate against me just because you decided you're not you any more either.

Only I'm calling you a turd right away for that instead of campaigning for a bitchy way to legalize my oppression of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's how I identify? Yes. Especially in a country with laws against hate speech. You shouldn't be allowed to denigrate me or discriminate against me because your mind is too small to accept more than 2 genders. See, this is no different than any other legal protection from discrimination. For some reason some bigots are upset they can't be openly bigoted. Good luck with that anger.
    You are anti-free speech and trying to dress it up as something noble.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Feminist host had Jordan Peterson on to whine about "muh wage gap", Peterson totally oblitirated her with logic and ration even getting her to mind freeze aka the "gotcha" moment when even she realized her own logic is actually ilogic. People trolled her on twitter afterwards, she's playing the feminist victim card, because we all know mean tweets are literally rape!
    That is kinda sad if true, she did a terrible interview, like flat out shitty. She should own up to it and do better in the future.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I don't think others should be legally threatened because someone has some bizarre or unusual thing in their headspace. Should someone be able to legally require people to say call them Draxxa the Dragon because they are now convinced they are an Otherkin dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adorable. I'm not trying to obscure the nature of a few violent extremists. I readily acknowledge they exist. Meanwhile, you have the exact same shit on the conservative. They just all themselves the alt-right instead of white supremacists or neo-nazis now. See, I'm not trying to minimize anyone's criminal acts. If someone assaults another person they should be prosecuted for that. However, claiming that ALL of Antifa behaves as such is also disingenuous.
    The reason Antifa came into existence was to provide direct confrontation to the far right. That is their raison d'être.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    What an odd individual... he has some crazy ass views from what I've gathered in this thread.
    Personally, I don't particularly like Peterson because he falls into that Individualist Libertarian camp and I find that kind of dumb, dull and tedious. But I often end up defending him because his detractors are so unconscionably bad.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

That he's the latest target of the torches and pitchforks crowd isn't all that surprising. Once this dies down, they'll focus on the next thing to poutrage about.

Frankly, him trying to teach at the college level is a waste of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    That you're forming your opinion based on this thread is a perfect example of the underlying problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Right, and they aren't. But your inability to accept that these people aren't mentally ill is a YOU issue. It's not a them issue.
    It's incredibly tiresome and insulting coming into these threads and seeing a bunch of people call me and others like me mentally ill just because they refuse to learn a little and open their minds.
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't think others should be legally threatened because someone has some bizarre or unusual thing in their headspace. Should someone be able to legally require people to say call them Draxxa the Dragon because they are now convinced they are an Otherkin dragon?
    As we are apparently allowed to make them up, my personal pronouns are now ‘The one true god, all others are false’, which would see any religious person convicted if they refuse to use it and me convicted of hate speech if I insist they use it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, people advocating for protections from discrimination are awful people.
    Is it discrimination that I don't have to call you Xir or Bunself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Otherkin are not the same thing as transgender people. Please stop conflating the two.
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

Personally, I don't particularly like Peterson because he falls into that Individualist Libertarian camp and I find that kind of dumb, dull and tedious. But I often end up defending him because his detractors are so unconscionably bad.
    I can't comment what I wanted to say because it was mod warn'ed against, but yea, I agree. A few things being brought "against" him here are just slight stretches and ignoring what he has said otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    Otherkin are not the same thing as transgender people. Please stop conflating the two.
    Who are you to decide that otherkin can’t identify as transgender? That’s hate speech!

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That you're forming your opinion based on this thread is a perfect example of the underlying problem.
    Did you know, you can investigate claims people make in the thread and see if they are true? I did it, it was really hard to type into google and do a little research, but it was so worth the extreme trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is xir an actual pronoun? What is being asked is to use made up words with no linguistic meaning to placate an infinitely small number of cranks, and if Xir is required why not Dragonself?
    I shouldn't even dignify this level of ignorance with an answer, but I'm going to anyway. Most of us trans people don't want "made-up" pronouns, we want to be called she/her, he/him, or they/them. That's it. You're assuming that all trans people are non-binary "special snowflakes" when really, the vast majority of us want to blend in with society.

Otherkin are people playing pretend. They are living in a fantasy world. It's not the same at all. They might actually be mentally ill, I don't know, but wanting to be a different species is incredibly different from identifying more strongly with a gender other than the one that you were born. I didn't even know "otherkin" was a thing until very recently, and even then, I hear things about them pop up once in a blue moon at most. You are conflating the two because of bigotry, ignorance, and hate.

Gender talk like this isn't even allowed, so why do you keep making such a big deal out of it? Why does it even affect you, or anyone else here, to the point that you have to keep harping on this? I mean, I'm happy to keep reporting these posts, I'm just sick of seeing nothing done about all the ignorance here.

EDIT: Maybe I spoke too soon about nothing being done...
    Link to image.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    I shouldn't even dignify this level of ignorance with an answer, but I'm going to anyway. Most of us trans people don't want "made-up" pronouns, we want to be called she/her, he/him, or they/them. That's it. You're assuming that all trans people are non-binary "special snowflakes" when really, the vast majority of us want to blend in with society.

Otherkin are people playing pretend. They are living in a fantasy world. It's not the same at all. They might actually be mentally ill, I don't know, but wanting to be a different species is incredibly different from identifying more strongly with a gender other than the one that you were born. I didn't even know "otherkin" was a thing until very recently, and even then, I hear things about them pop up once in a blue moon at most. You are conflating the two because of bigotry, ignorance, and hate.

Gender talk like this isn't even allowed, so why do you keep making such a big deal out of it? Why does it even affect you, or anyone else here, to the point that you have to keep harping on this? I mean, I'm happy to keep reporting these posts, I'm just sick of seeing nothing done about all the ignorance here.

EDIT: Maybe I spoke too soon about nothing being done...
    Are they playing pretend? If its all social construction than who are you to question their identity?