Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    our authorities tried to polish the figures by counting years spent in a madrassah as 'higher education' -

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, and when we have managed that, we can admit immigrants.
    I'd prefer to slide more towards the free markets on both issues at the same time. As for having immigrants with no safety net, I still believe there would be a strong demand for immigrants in multiple sectors of the economy. That would primarily be agriculture, manufacturing, and tech.

Deleted
    You liberals don't understand ANYTHING about the reality of mass immigration. Pretty much all your counter points are poorly thought out or factually wrong especially when you consider economic migrants to welfare states.

I actually wrote a lengthy post detailing the costs but Chrome ate it up and now i cba redoing it all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The most common complaint about refugees though - that they are mostly prime-aged single men - actually works in their favor here, because that demographic tends to require less health care, and don't have children that need to be fed and schooled and such.
    Incorrect. People from those countries have significant healthcare needs, especially dental. They are also very poorly educated and they are the vanguard from bringing in their extended families who will require pensions, housing, social security medical, interpreters, teachers etc etc etc. Does that look like a net gain to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    You liberals don't understand ANYTHING about the reality of mass immigration. Pretty much all your counter points are poorly thought out or factually wrong especially when you consider economic migrants to welfare states.

I actually wrote a lengthy post detailing the costs but Chrome ate it up and now i cba redoing it all
    Good riddance, since it was likely full of the same southern strategy-esque talking points which boil down to thinly veiled nativism.

Incorrect. People from those countries have significant healthcare needs, especially dental. They are also very poorly educated and they are the vanguard from bringing in their extended families who will require pensions, housing, social security medical, interpreters, teachers etc etc etc. Does that look like a net gain to you?
    In the long term? Yes.

But feel free to use 'net gain' without understanding what 'net' means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Good riddance, since it was likely full of the same southern strategy-esque talking points which boil down to thinly veiled nativism.

In the long term? Yes.

But feel free to use 'net gain' without understanding what 'net' means.
    You are wrong again.

The Greeks who came en mass to Sweden in the 80s were long considered an immigration success story. Only it turned out only the Greek men actually worked, the women stayed at home so in the end it was at best a wash. Pretty much every long term study since then has shown that immigration is a net loss (yes i know what that means and you know i do).

You leftists have been forcing your lies on us for 30 years and time and time again you have been proven completely factually wrong. I can't speak for other countries but in Sweden immigration has been a complete disaster on every level yet the left just keep changing the narrative.

Not long ago it was that without immigration our medical services would stop only when they actually looked at the figure, the number of non native Swedes who actually worked in the medical field didn't even make up for the increased demand immigration produced in the first place. That is just one of many many examples.

The costs are enormous and that is just the figures the government even want to account for. If you look at the actual costs of things such as interpreters, public servants, retroactive maternity leave, public childcare, medical, legal, work initiatives etc etc the cost are staggering.

Native Swedes are already paying for it by being forced to work 3 years longer before getting the minimum pension, increased taxes, much stricter rules for getting medical leave from work or medical pensions, long waiting lists to receive medical care and so on.

In the latest study after 15 years only half of immigrants had had some kind of employment. That means any temp job would count as having been employed.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad0497bcb; 2018-01-24 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    You are wrong again.

The Greeks who came en mass to Sweden in the 80s were long considered an immigration success story. Only it turned out only the Greek men actually worked, the women stayed at home so in the end it was at best a wash. Pretty much every long term study since then has shown that immigration is a net loss (yes i know what that means and you know i do).

You leftists have been forcing your lies on us for 30 years and time and time again you have been proven completely factually wrong. I can't speak for other countries but in Sweden immigration has been a complete disaster on every level yet the left just keep changing the narrative.

Not long ago it was that without immigration our medical services would stop only when they actually looked at the figure, the number of non native Swedes who actually worked in the medical field didn't even make up for the increased demand immigration produced in the first place. That is just one of many many examples.

The costs are enormous and that is just the figures the government even want to account for. If you look at the actual costs of things such as interpreters, public servants, retroactive maternity leave, public childcare, medical, legal, work initiatives etc etc the cost are staggering.

Native Swedes are already paying for it by being forced to work 3 years longer before getting the minimum pension, increased taxes, much stricter rules for getting medical leave from work or medical pensions, long waiting lists to receive medical care and so on.

In the latest study after 15 years only half of immigrants had had some kind of employment. That means any temp job would count as having been employed.
    Oh, you're Swedish.

Figures, lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you're Swedish.

Figures, lol.
    Nice racist comment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Nice racist comment
    Swedes are a race, apparently.

And I'm more pointing out the fact that the Swedish posters on this forum have a rabid opposition to immigration of any kind, largely because they like blaming the incompetence of the current Swedish government on foreigners.

Swedes are a race, apparently.
    You've called it racism to be against specific ethnicities immigrating though. So, why does this not apply here when it's you yourself attacking an ethnic group?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    You've called it racism to be against specific ethnicities immigrating though. So, why does this not apply here when it's you yourself attacking an ethnic group?
    You honestly can't see the difference between hating on immigrants for being from the brown countries and pointing out that Swedish posters in Gen-OT have a virulently xenophobic stance when it comes to immigration.

Eh, I shouldn't be surprised after six years.

You honestly can't see the difference between hating on immigrants for being from the brown countries and pointing out that Swedish posters in Gen-OT have a virulently xenophobic stance when it comes to immigration.

Eh, I shouldn't be surprised after six years.
    "brown countries" isn't actually a thing nor is anyone hating on them for being "different race", which arabs aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    "brown countries" isn't actually a thing nor is anyone hating on them for being "different race", which arabs aren't.
    Y'all keep saying this and don't seem to understand that we've long since gotten wise to the tactic of masking bigotry behind things like economics or culture.

Y'all keep saying this and don't seem to understand that we've long since gotten wise to the tactic of masking bigotry behind things like economics or culture.
    You sound more paranoid and delusional than you sound rational, thinking you've dispelled some great illusion that was created to deceive you and therefore people are hating on them for "being different race" because that's what you think. You don't understand what is fueling the anti-arab or anti-african sentiment at all, it's not them being "different race" that's fueling it. It's their own behaviour.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You sound more paranoid and delusional than you sound rational, thinking you've dispelled some great illusion that was created to deceive you and therefore people are hating on them for "being different race" because that's what you think. You don't understand what is fueling the anti-arab or anti-african sentiment at all, it's not them being "different race" that's fueling it. It's their own behaviour.
    Remember, anything short of full open borders for your country is ultra bigotry and Nazism in their eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of other countries that take in immigrants and turn out just fine. So either Sweden is uniquely incompetent at it, or there happens to be a pervasive media narrative surrounding immigrants that a lot of Swedes seem to buy into. Take your pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Remember, anything short of full open borders for your country is ultra bigotry and Nazism in their eyes.
    Nice strawman, but no.

Any person from country not directly connected to mass immigration that is happening at the moment in EU, should not be able to type anything in this thread. Just by reading some of the post i can basicly guess who are the US/Kanada/East Asia citizens and who are from EU and actually know the problem real life.

I have no idea which immigrants you are actually refering to buy my hard guess is that will be syrians etc migrating to eu so:

I read somewhere that around 80% of african immigrant that are flooding europe are young man in their prime, healthy, most of them with new phones and electronic stuff (not to mention illegal crossing from africa/middle east to europe cost around 2000 us dolars, so they arent poor as well). Those people arent running from war, they arent trying to find "better life", they not by any chance are and will try to assimilate. Most of them are jihadis trying to burn the europe or lazy fucks that are comming for welfare since thats free money for them. They got no family with them, no purpose to be in eu, they just run around making riots, rapes and stealing stuff here and there. If you wish them in your area, go ahead buy a fucking house and get them to live next door to you and your family, then report back to me after 1 year, lets see your opinion by then.

Also i am not a racists by any chance, i am polish and our country took over 500.000 Ukrainian immigrants, running away from russian war, i met some of those people, working hard, very hard to earn their place in our country, i respect them and got literally nothing against them.

I wont be able to reply after this post to anyone cause i will get banned for having different opinion then MMO-Champion leftist admins, so farwell and good luck in living in your illusionary world, wake the fuck up already

There are plenty of other countries that take in immigrants and turn out just fine.
    Like Norway, Finland and Denmark where criminals from MENA causes a lot of problems too? Yeah, right. Not to mention their reliance on economic aid to even get by which can often reach levels similar to someone working 40 hours per week in a 2 shift.

So either Sweden is uniquely incompetent at it
    Explain the success in the 50s-80s then. Oh, I know the answer already, do you? I'll give you two hints: Education levels, culture.

or there happens to be a pervasive media narrative surrounding immigrants that a lot of Swedes seem to buy into
    The pervasive media narrative where they pushed that they were more educated than they actually were? That we'll benefit from them being in the country? Silencing any criticism as racism? No, this doesn't play into your paranoid ideas about media narrative at all, on the contrary - it proves you have no clue what you're talking about and all you're doing is ramble paranoid and delusional nonsense.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-01-24 at 08:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    In order to realistically resettle enough of the world to crush poverty, we would need to build a new New York City every couple of years. Even the most wild-eyed globalist recognizes that isn't possible; nor is it desirable because the Planet cannot withstrand most of the world enjoying America or Europes material prosperity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In order to realistically resettle enough of the world to crush poverty, we would need to build a new New York City every couple of years. Even the most wild-eyed globalist recognizes that isn't possible; nor is it desirable because the Planet cannot withstrand most of the world enjoying America or Europes material prosperity.
    Yup Liberals just have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Resources are limited and having everything taken from you because your house was bombed > you can't find a job in your country
    Taking the complicated dynamics and vicious cycles of economy & politics, that cause all kinds of poverty found in virtually every country around the world, and then trying to smush it into a single dismissive sentence? Kind of proves OP's point about people who think like that, does it not? You could at least try to acknowledge the horrors of poverty.

"Resources are limited and having everything taken from you because your house was bombed = Resources are limited, you and your family had everything taken away from you/you were born into this world with not even basic human needs/your home was destroyed (typically all three at once), forcing you into atrocious living conditions, while you and your family are sick from living on bad food/water, and you're all slowly starving to death."
    That paints a more accurate picture. An important note for the future, War and poverty are not opposites, they often give rise to one another.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-01-24 at 08:58 PM.