7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    You take all the fun out of things.
    Depends how many classic purists are here.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

It's entirely possible to release the game in 2018, and start the Alpha in 2020. Who needs testing anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by marlamin View Post
    news? News!

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...sign-overview/

(mildly interesting read)

gud news everyone!

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    It's entirely possible to release the game in 2018, and start the Alpha in 2020. Who needs testing anyway?
    That's the kind of outlook that can take one places.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    "We realize we fucked up with BfA by not testing it so in january 2020 we are opening the BfA alpha servers."

Could work, just hope (and so far seems like it's not) we don't get WoD 2.0.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    That's the kind of outlook that can take one places.
    EA executive meetings, Ubisoft development team, Front page of Steam..... The future of gaming is so bright!

/jk

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I thought the parts about taking away utilities from certain classes was interesting; I have to wonder if they have the balls to make Bloodlust a shaman-only ability again.

And as a Demon Hunter player, I have a personal interest in their notes about changes towards talents that massively alter pacing/resource generation. Demon blades is ass.
    Honestly I wonder if they have the balls to go through with this at all once the inevitable deluge of "OMG pruning!" whining starts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    "We realize we fucked up with BfA by not testing it so in january 2020 we are opening the BfA alpha servers."

Could work, just hope (and so far seems like it's not) we don't get WoD 2.0.
    What a Maverick move!
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khyraine View Post
    In case you guys didn't notice, they changed where it said "Beta testing in the future" to "Alpha testing in the future".

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...esign-overview
    "Crap MMO-Champion thinks we're in alpha already, fix that!"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they are using this horse model or the new one in BoA?

https://i.imgur.com/8bTJthZ.jpg

And I wonder if the Zandalari Troll Raptor will have armor like this;

Than this like in the Throne of Thunder;
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Going by the icons, yes on the Zandalari armor.

Also, I don't see why they'd use an outdated horse model when they're introducing a new one in BfA.

The previous digital deluxe mounts were similar. Dread Raven, new model, Felstalker, new model. From WoD, but it was developed more specifically for Legion, Quilen, a MoP model.

I thought about that too. would be beautiful, but the alliance players would revolt.
    Who would not want to have the mount 'Oondasta'?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think that last sentence from the Watercooler is pretty telling. I'm normally quick to write off unnecessary hype over little things, but from my experience, "near future" and "moving forward" aren't actually phrases Blizzard uses lightly when it comes to indicating any sort of timetable for things. If they had no plans to drop alpha in the actual near future, they probably would've gone for more ambiguous or time-agnostic phrasing.

Of course, maybe I'm just starting to get info-hungry, but that post is getting my hopes up for something happening close to now, like within the next two weeks.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2018-01-24 at 08:46 PM.

Imo, any objective designer for PvE content, raids and dungeons, knows rogues need to lose SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    I actually think that last sentence from the Watercooler is pretty telling. I'm normally quick to write off unnecessary hype over little things, but from my experience, "near future" and "moving forward" aren't actually phrases Blizzard uses lightly when it comes to indicating any sort of timetable for things. If they had no plans to drop alpha in the actual near future, they probably would've gone for more ambiguous or time-agnostic phrasing.

Of course, maybe I'm just starting to get info-hungry, but that post is getting my hopes up for something happening close to now, like within the next two weeks.
    You're getting info-hungry and losing sense of reality.

Unless we get a date it's Soon™.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

5+ Year Old Account

The horse's muzzle from the icon looks a bit different. I wouldn't expect glowy eyes though, plus the Kul Tiras horses look 'fatter' from the picture, which they confirmed as new Horse models (and I think they confirmed new pet cat models as well). Zandalari armour on the raptor is a given already, and it will be more gold looking than stone looking compared of ToT's I hazard.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

I am extremely disappointed they follow through with that stupid "Something unique to the class" thing.

Now, you HAVE to bring a Warlock with your raid, or else your 3 mages will lose out on 5% DPS, nothing they can do about it.
    It was arguably fine pre-Legion, because there were overlaps. But now? Really?

People complay about homogenization.
    People complay about specialization.

I feel bad for devs.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The only times I've seen them use that phrasing is when the thing they're refering to is between a couple days and a week away. Their PR team is super careful.