I honestly do not know how they have any player base left. It honestly completely baffles me. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I will not touch anything branded by Bungie again for the foreseeable future. I also know I'm not the only one with that thought either.

The worst part about it is, they acknowledge they suck at communicating...and say it will improve...it's literally said EVERY week by them. Every update I've read doesn't even have worthwhile changes coming soon....This game doesn't have until Fall to be fixed.....they need immediate changes....Stuff that can be out within a month or two at worst. It's like they expected people to just deal with the same bullshit for the second game...

They do not have to do anything to be honest because they already got all the money they wanted. Full base price + season pass + MTX. Just think, they would need to do a crazy amount of fixing before they can release major expansions for a high price like in D1. Nobody can foresee if thats worth the trouble, so why bother at all? I can totally see them playing the "we are listening" bs for month while adding just minor bandaids and just focus on D3 behind the scenes. There is no way more than a couple of devs are maintaining D2 at the moment.

The same lazy mind people that bought season pass before launch will buy Destiny 3 even though D2 was a mess. Gamers are not determined at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    The same lazy mind people that bought season pass before launch will buy Destiny 3 even though D2 was a mess. Gamers are not determined at all.
    Hello, "lazy mind" person here. I bought it because I enjoyed the hell outta the game at launch and felt confident about Bungies ability to deliver at the time.

I'm not buying Destiny 3 until after launch, if at all (and at this point it won't be at all). Let's not overgeneralize, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hello, "lazy mind" person here. I bought it because I enjoyed the hell outta the game at launch and felt confident about Bungies ability to deliver at the time.

I'm not buying Destiny 3 until after launch, if at all (and at this point it won't be at all). Let's not overgeneralize, shall we?
    Same here. Maybe i overstretched it and buying stuff in advance always put you at risk, but i don't think anyone expected the game management turning out THIS bad. I'm currently playing and having decent fun, but i don't think it'll last really much.

Side note: i just tried an Heroic Adventure and holy shit how big is the jump in enemies power. I'm not entirely sure it's really balanced (im 313 on a 300 recommended power) but again, i don't really know what to expect. Maybe i was unlucky with mods? Well, i did it anyway (not the timed event, lol i would have NEVER beaten the 5.30 minute timer).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

If I had a nickle every time I heard that from Bungo with Destiny 2...I'd have a lot of nickles, at least. Could probably get myself a decent meal out of it!
    You could have shouted the thread a round a pizza by now

<3 Edge MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Side note: i just tried an Heroic Adventure and holy shit how big is the jump in enemies power. I'm not entirely sure it's really balanced (im 313 on a 300 recommended power) but again, i don't really know what to expect. Maybe i was unlucky with mods? Well, i did it anyway (not the timed event, lol i would have NEVER beaten the 5.30 minute timer).
    What mods this week? I got frustrated trying to do it with prism and shit and just gave up. Decent enough concept, but the fact that it's the same missions over and over and my strong dislike of some of the mods killed what could have otherwise been an interesting/fun/challenging new avenue for solo content for me : /

What mods this week? I got frustrated trying to do it with prism and shit and just gave up. Decent enough concept, but the fact that it's the same missions over and over and my strong dislike of some of the mods killed what could have otherwise been an interesting/fun/challenging new avenue for solo content for me : /
    Nerfed recovery with "health globes" and more weapon damage but slow as hell super generation. I'm thinking about ditching the Celestial Nighthawk helm and going the 6 shot route when i get my second masterwrok weapon (i dropped a freakin masterwork nameless midnight )
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Same here. Maybe i overstretched it and buying stuff in advance always put you at risk, but i don't think anyone expected the game management turning out THIS bad. I'm currently playing and having decent fun, but i don't think it'll last really much.

I bought D2 with the expectation that they learned from their mistakes in D1. Obviously they didn't, so I dont trust them going forward.

Apparently almost all the big Destiny streamers have dropped the game with some like Gothalion saying they are 'moving away' because D2 was harming their brand.

Yeesh.

"358 Words of Nothing" sandbox dude has been dropping ever so slightly less vague info on twitter, which is better than nothing. But their communications are still so painfully vague and all over the place...they need to be giving us something to be optimistic about, but we still have nothing.

It's just...you'd figure between seeing fans blowing up across ever forum/social channel, seeing negative headline after negative headline from press, watching content creators turn negative and/or abandon the game...you'd figure that would light a fire under their as to to try something new to engage with the community... : /

They might be, but shit takes time. And as far as I can tell they seem to get content out incredibly slow on a good day compared to what I'm used to from PC games so iono how that works for them.

I pretty much stopped paying any attention outside of checking this thread. I still log in and do a few pvp matches here and there but eh. Just waiting on the next xpac to see if it does anything for the game. Anything short of that won't really matter that much. They could completely fix the reward structure and it still wouldn't really send me running back at this point.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

"358 Words of Nothing" sandbox dude has been dropping ever so slightly less vague info on twitter, which is better than nothing. But their communications are still so painfully vague and all over the place...they need to be giving us something to be optimistic about, but we still have nothing.

It's just...you'd figure between seeing fans blowing up across ever forum/social channel, seeing negative headline after negative headline from press, watching content creators turn negative and/or abandon the game...you'd figure that would light a fire under their as to to try something new to engage with the community... : /
    Maybe the reason they are being vague is because they have nothing
    Or they know that what they have is shit.

Because if they had something good, they would be talking about it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Its been reported a fair few times that the dev side stuff barely holds together and loading a single map to make changes takes a full work day just to load -and i work in video so i know rendering is a bitch but a full work day of rendering is pixar circa 1990 level bananas- so making changes doesn't sound easy and the sad fact is they can't make changes fast enough and the game doesnt exist in a vaccum so here we are with monhun, dissidia and fighterz coming out in a week and thats a lot of people after an online multiplayer fix and Bungie cannot do a thing in that time of any significance.

You are talking about a devs who says making content is too difficult so instead let put shit into eververse and call it a day.

So yes, they dont have even shit.

Developers are getting completely lazy when it comes to Game play these days.
    My gripes with Destiny 2 are nearly all the same as the first but worse.

Also no Global Chat in Destiny 2 is ridiculous as well as still no clan chat...

- - - Updated - - -

They have completely ran out of ideas, they are reverting back to D1 End Game as it would seem, the fact that they weren't able to think of something more of an improvement show's IMO how lazy Triple A developers have become when it comes to Game Design.

No Clan, Global Chat, especially no LFG chat which is a Mortal Sin for a game like Destiny.
    Making you rely on Third Party game play is stupid and ridiculous, there's absolutely no excuse for game design like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Looks like getting out when I did (right after Osiris dropped) was the right choice...
    I did the same thing.

I don't have any fucks to give to a game that has stagnant progression and the lack of basic features. What a lot of devs don't get is that you can't
    It does, the progression in Destiny 2 is pretty boring. Not sure if Changed since I quit from Osiris, but here's a problem with Gun balancing.

Energy Weapons mostly Garbage only good for taking down Shields that is all
    Pulse Rifles? Don't make me laugh all of them are Garbage with the exception of Vigilance Wing
    Scout Rifles are okay, but I see the benefits of Using it compared to Better Devils, or AR.

Energy Weapons are completely trivial in Destiny 2, makes most guns in that category completely useless (unless shields ofc)
    SMG is a good alternative if you don't want to use an AR, in fact certain SMG's can do more damage then most AR's.

But anyways my point is, this game lacks Gun Variety, the exotics at launch were mostly pretty meh.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46596

Actually...not a bad update! Decent details on masterwork armor and iron banner, nice proactive communication about the UI bug about reworking masterwork stats, plenty of explanation about improved raid rewards, solid explanation about the shader issue...I'm satisfied, and that's a big step up.

A glimmer of hope for the game if they can keep up this kind of communication, and even more if they can get this patch deployed without shitting the bed and breaking things.

A glimmer of hope for the game if they can keep up this kind of communication
    You know they can't, its been 4 years and they still fail at it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-26 at 04:06 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Bungie-activision is like an abusive relationship at this point

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46596

Actually...not a bad update! Decent details on masterwork armor and iron banner, nice proactive communication about the UI bug about reworking masterwork stats, plenty of explanation about improved raid rewards, solid explanation about the shader issue...I'm satisfied, and that's a big step up.

A glimmer of hope for the game if they can keep up this kind of communication, and even more if they can get this patch deployed without shitting the bed and breaking things.
    Well the company lost 7% at stock i believe. So NOW they start not being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You know that can't, its been 4 years and they still fail at it.
    I agree with this, the game design being re hauled to D1 just seems like they ran out of Ideas and or they don't know what else to do even though they had years.

And it has a lot of the same issues I had with D1 but worse, improved on some but still little to no change for a lot.

Am I really the only one sick of using Third Party Programs/Websites or Cell Phones to talk to Chat with others in a game? There's absolutely no reason why Text Chat should not exist in a game like Destiny.
    Last edited by Snyder; 2018-01-26 at 02:00 AM.