Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    30 percent of adults said they own a gun …, and that's the low end. That makes it over 80 million people with firearms...legally.
    It much baffle the hell out of some as to why there aren't more shootings.

So i should give my guns up because some dumbass doesn't know how to store his/her guns properly. No thanks ill pass. I know how to keep my guns out of others hands and so do most gun owners. Am I sorry that people get shot, i sure am but it has nothing to do with me and my guns, my bows, nor my hunting knifes. I do however support having to have an evaluation of mental health to own one. Also if you think people will willingly give up their guns to the government, you need to get help, that is the exact reason we have the second amendment, to prevent the government from taking our rights from us. Also if you don't live in the U.S. go fuck yourself, you have your own problems that you need to sort out before you worry about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    thats def not whats in saftey briefs but ok.
    Your leadership is failing you.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Regardless, 14 murders a year hardly makes for the extremely violent city you suggested it is.

Regarding demographics, Glasgow is vast majority Scottish and I’m guessing Milwaukee is vast majority American, so are you telling me Americans are just more violent than the Scots?
    You know what im meaning by demographics. I know your trying to be coy.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Well well well, this thread is gonna go places. the usual shitshow between gunlovers and sane ppl ! oh no xD
    Im sane and i dont own a gun but i support the right of those that do. The problem with anti gun owners is that they live in a time where we face more domestic threats than foreign. And our government doesnt seem to be willing to go to war with itself atm and most people are ok with how its run. Sure there are pockets of wierdos that either want to secede or fight against the government. But those pockets are so small they wouldnt stand a chance if they tried. It would last a day.

But that doesnt mean in the Future our government wouldnt become tyrannical. Hell ask some leftists out there who think ol Trumps a dictator. Well if he really was a dictator, wouldnt you want your right to own guns in tact so you could go usurp his power? Because we all know someone like Trumps not going to give it up.

The point of guns is for self preservation against those that would try and take your life or your things of value. If this was pre gun area there would be a law about carrying swords around. And i bet if you lived in that era you would be anti sword.

The other issue is even if you outlaw guns theres already a market for illegal firearms in the US bought and sold to criminal organizations and gangs. So what are you going to do about that. Now people that are lawful gun owners are at the complete mercy of non lawful ones. Gun laws dont prevent gun ownership. And you anti gun people still havent answered the real question about guns.

So while you sit here and complain about mass shootings you ignore the daily shootings in cities around the country where the poor are terrorized by violence. So maybe do somthing about the criminal behavior instead of worrying about mass shootings which are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by shmiskywalke View Post
    So i should give my guns up because some dumbass doesn't know how to store his/her guns properly. No thanks ill pass. I know how to keep my guns out of others hands and so do most gun owners. Am I sorry that people get shot, i sure am but it has nothing to do with me and my guns, my bows, nor my hunting knifes. I do however support having to have an evaluation of mental health to own one. Also if you think people will willingly give up their guns to the government, you need to get help, that is the exact reason we have the second amendment, to prevent the government from taking our rights from us. Also if you don't live in the U.S. go fuck yourself, you have your own problems that you need to sort out before you worry about us.
    It is easy, you grandfather the guns currently owned but after they pass away the guns are collected. They are not taking the guns away from anyone then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    The most ironic part of the "criminals will get guns regardless of regulations" argument is that it completely ignores the fact that the vast majority of shooters in these mass shootings and school shootings acquired the guns in a completely legal manner. Most often the kids get the guns because their parents didn't properly secure them.

I think in addition to requiring mental health evaluations and background checks, we also need to start prosecuting parents of kids who take their guns and kill people. The parent is responsible for the kid getting the gun. Have a gun safe, have trigger locks, keep the ammunition locked in a separate location and keep the keys to all of it on your body at all times. People have got to start being responsible for the guns they bring into their homes.
    I always see news such as this to be more of an America mental health issue more-so than a gun control issue. Personally, I think we should have access to owning a gun but what motivates someone to take it out of their house and bring it to a high-density location to start shooting? America's issue more lies with its poor mental health/healthcare system than with tightening gun control.

Yes individuals should be taking better care of their guns as well, in a safe place not easy to get to ESPECIALLY if your child seems mentally un-well. If the mental healthcare system was better maybe the parents of these shooters, and doctors of adult-mass shootings would be aware of things and flag these people before they cause harm to others.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    After Vegas, there were bipartisan calls to ban the manufacture/sale of bump stocks.

And absolutely nothing came of it.

Don't expect much to change.
    There won’t be until they can figure out a way to make money off of it. Look at how the gun manufacturers flourished under the last administration. That was probably not a coincidence.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    An honest question, why even have laws if they serve no purpose because criminals will break them and good people wouldn't do those bad things anyway.
    To be honest, if they aren't going to be enforced, probably shouldn't make them. If you don't enforce laws, they only penalize good people. Bad people won't care if they aren't getting punished.

I just think it's funny that people think if you make owning a gun a criminal offense, it will stop people who already don't care about murdering people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is true handguns overall contribute more to gun death's than rifles with bump stocks have. But it does not take much reasoning to figure out there is no need for them and in a shorter time period a shooter who is using one, can do much more damage than one can with just a handgun. There is no reason they should be legal. Even for self defense, you would not need one unless you are afraid of a zombie invasion. :P
    I would guess you are one of the folks who think only the police should have guns. Am I correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Translation: It's not a big deal, we don't really care.
    Translation: "I really don't care what Ragedaug said, nor did I read his post. I'm just going to 'Cathy Newman' him and just make up some random words from my head to try to explain that's what he is saying to earn some internet burn points".

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I actually seriously debated on posting this.... seriously. There will probably be another one a couple weeks from now and nothing will have been done/changed... because "ZOMG 2nd Ammendmentz!!!"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...-live-11900651

Don't ask me how the UK seems to get this news before our major networks do, but there it is. =/
    It has nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment. Switzerland has similarly lax gun laws but a much reduced crime rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Criminals, i.e. felons CAN'T own firearms. There is already a law in place to prevent it... Nothing is made easier for them to acquire them?!?! They still get their hands on them. A guy I knew, which is now in prison, used to rob houses of known gun owners to funnel them onto the streets. How in the hell would you make a law against that this isn't already on the books?
    I see this dumb argument all the time, and yet no one that uses it wants to acknowledge that the vast majority of mass shooters are NOT convicted felons, and obtained their guns legally.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    It has nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment. Switzerland has similarly lax gun laws but a much reduced crime rate.
    Yea wonder why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Translation: "I really don't care what Ragedaug said, nor did I read his post. I'm just going to 'Cathy Newman' him and just make up some random words from my head to try to explain that's what he is saying to earn some internet burn points".
    You didn't actually say anything. You said the exact sort of nothing I expect in these threads.

First it's all "Oh, we have different solutions." ie: we can't agree, so we can't do anything.
    Second: "It's not the biggest cause of death." ie: we should worry about other things.
    And lastly it's something about "Some people don't care all the time."

So yeah, you pretty much said we can't do anything about it, it's not a big deal, and people don't really care that much. So yeah, I stand by you said nothing and that we don't care.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Until it starts affecting Senators directly, like their kids or something, they won't do anything. Gun regulation was voted down.
    Pretty much, the only time something will actually happen when it is a powers that be family member is involved.. I am so jaded now that when I see something like this I go oh well and move on, because I know full well nothing will happen to change things.. There will be the usual bluster from all sides then all is forgotten in a week until the next incident happens..

A 16 year old isn't legally able to buy a firearm, bring his parents in for questioning. Put them on trial also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Clearly you misunderstood what I said. This guy who just performed the shooting is now a "Criminal" but he could've been a normal guy before hand. Never been involved in a crime in his life. Say he wasn't a criminal before hand, got a psych test and didn't pass. Now its slightly more difficult for him to find and get a firearm.
    The student gunman was 15. You can't legally own a handgun at 15. It's not like this child went out, legally purchased the gun, then did this.

More people have been killed with single shot pistols every two days since that happened. So since 58 people were killed with a bump stock, near 5,000 people have been killed with pistols.
    You don't need to own a bump stock, plain and simple. It doesn't matter if more people are killed by pistols, or cars, or whatever else, bump stocks should be illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    You don't need to own a bump stock, plain and simple. It doesn't matter if more people are killed by pistols, or cars, or whatever else, bump stocks should be illegal.
    Why do people need to own pistols then?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Im sane and i dont own a gun but i support the right of those that do. The problem with anti gun owners is that they live in a time where we face more domestic threats than foreign. And our government doesnt seem to be willing to go to war with itself atm and most people are ok with how its run. Sure there are pockets of wierdos that either want to secede or fight against the government. But those pockets are so small they wouldnt stand a chance if they tried. It would last a day.

But that doesnt mean in the Future our government wouldnt become tyrannical. Hell ask some leftists out there who think ol Trumps a dictator. Well if he really was a dictator, wouldnt you want your right to own guns in tact so you could go usurp his power? Because we all know someone like Trumps not going to give it up.

The point of guns is for self preservation against those that would try and take your life or your things of value. If this was pre gun area there would be a law about carrying swords around. And i bet if you lived in that era you would be anti sword.

The other issue is even if you outlaw guns theres already a market for illegal firearms in the US bought and sold to criminal organizations and gangs. So what are you going to do about that. Now people that are lawful gun owners are at the complete mercy of non lawful ones. Gun laws dont prevent gun ownership. And you anti gun people still havent answered the real question about guns.

So while you sit here and complain about mass shootings you ignore the daily shootings in cities around the country where the poor are terrorized by violence. So maybe do somthing about the criminal behavior instead of worrying about mass shootings which are rare.
    Well said Zeek. I agree. The bolded part is my stance on what I feel is the real purpose of the Second Amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It is easy, you grandfather the guns currently owned but after they pass away the guns are collected. They are not taking the guns away from anyone then.
    It is not easy in the US and it has been explained clearly in this thread why. To deny that is simply ignoring the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I would guess you are one of the folks who think only the police should have guns. Am I correct?

- - - Updated - - -
    That is totally incorrect. If you had been reading my several posts in this thread, you would not ask such a question. I am all for the right to keep and bare arms under the Constitution. I have a CHL ( conceal handgun license ) in the state of Ohio. However, I do not think anyone needs a bumpstock for their AR-15's. Even tho I am not for banning the AR-15 style weapons or limiting magazine limits. But the bumpstocks mimic fully auto well enough they should not be available or legal to own outside of the same type of license required for a fully auto machine gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Why do people need to own pistols then?
    Because handguns are very effective self defense weapons and are easy to conceal, so not as easy to scare those afraid of firearms. Plus the biggest reason is the Supreme Court has ruled it is unconstitutional to ban handguns. Good enough for me.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-01-25 at 04:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    That's why sooooo many people are trying to get into the country, right? Because everyone hates it.

Cut the shit. You speak for yourself and ONLY yourself.
    People from third world countries perhaps, that don't get the message of how fucked up the US really is. Because if there is one thing the US knows how to do it's to advertise. It's how it turned it's people into sheep that does whatever the big corporations want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I have no concerns if people do not like me because of my personal stances. Or what other countries think of the US. If you are a US citizen, then I will tell you to get out and vote for what you want and use legal means to get it done. If not?....pfft.
    I wasn't born in the US, that is one thing I consider very lucky.