Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Blizzard in house testing =/= alpha tho
    You don't really understand what an alpha is. It's just a stage in the development.

Either way, you may want to take a look at the blue post today that says beta coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You don't really understand what an alpha is. It's just a stage in the development.

Either way, you may want to take a look at the blue post today that says beta coming soon...

You're being pedantic to argue a point I didn't make.

OP is asking when pre order is. I said there isn't even a playable alpha yet. Alpha, beta, what does it matter what it's labelled as.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

You're being pedantic to argue a point I didn't make.

OP is asking when pre order is. I said there isn't even a playable alpha yet. Alpha, beta, what does it matter what it's labelled as.
    Simply because you stated someone was wrong.

If we had a demo, which we did a blizzcon, then it is. It may not be an F&F but there certainly is an alpha.
    From the quote on the home page that just came out today, it doesn't look like there's an alpha:

We welcome a community discussion on the principles we’ve outlined, and look forward to delving into detailed and specific changes as we move forward with our alpha testing in the near future.
    But it's definitely close.

I'm guessing by the end of February and will be incredibly disappointed if it's any later than the end of March.

Within a month I believe its ramping up.

you might wanna take your own advice

Blizzard in house testing =/= alpha tho
    That's is EXACTLY what an alpha is... by definition

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

There isn't even an alpha yet lmao
    ...what does that honestly matter though? Blizz can enable their store to start taking money for the product whenever they want.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

When they finalize how much they want to rape your wallet.

Soon. Buy your tokens now.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

There isn't even an alpha yet lmao
    what do you think they were running at blizzcon?

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's is EXACTLY what an alpha is... by definition
    Well, to be fair - Blizzard uses alpha as a restricted test for a select few and beta as something pretty much everyone gets to test.
    Different companies use these terms differently.

In Legion, alpha was the same as beta used to be back in say Wrath for example.

On topic: Seems early to get preorders started already. They really need to get the hype going befor they do that. They haven't really done a good job with that, this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Yes it is.
    There is no F&F Alpha currently open.
    Last edited by Kurve1776; 2018-01-25 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    From the quote on the home page that just came out today, it doesn't look like there's an alpha:

But it's definitely close.
    Move forward with, not move forward to. It's as simple as the fact that there was a demo. Legion beta was called alpha for nearly the entire thing. Even after new stuff wasn't added.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-01-25 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    what do you think they were running at blizzcon?
    A pre-alpha build with limited content to have something to show off at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    A pre-alpha build with limited content to have something to show off at Blizzcon.
    Pre-alpha
    Pre-alpha refers to all activities performed during the software project before formal testing. These activities can include requirements analysis, software design, software development, and unit testing. In typical open source development, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functions and are released as soon as the functionality is complete.

That demo was pre alpha yeh?

Alpha

The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, used as the number 1). In this phase, developers generally test the software using white-box techniques. Additional validation is then performed using black-box or gray-box techniques, by another testing team. Moving to black-box testing inside the organization is known as alpha release.[1]

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. Alpha software may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version.[2] In general, external availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software, while open source software often has publicly available alpha versions. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.

It just a name, like i said, legion was in alpha the entire beta and that doesnt even make sense.

Move forward with, not move forward to. It's as simple as the fact that there was a demo. Legion beta was called alpha for nearly the entire thing. Even after new stuff wasn't added.
    There's definitely an internal alpha or pre-alpha build, but it's definitely not at the F&F stage yet.

pre-alpha is like saying whiter than white. It is a meaningless statement.

Alpha is the first phase of testing
    Beta is the second phase of testing
    Gamma is an optional third phase of testing
    Release is the final stage of testing

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

There's definitely an internal alpha or pre-alpha build, but it's definitely not at the F&F stage yet.
    Pre-alpha was probably a year ago. Pre-alpha is pretty much the planning stage.

Do people think blizzard seriously goes from a prealpha expansion to release in under a year? lol