Poll: Sylvanas or Tyrande: Who Wins?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on Lore and skill: Sylvanas would win, even if she was blindfolded.
    Based on Blizzard favoritism: Tyrande.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Sylvanas chooses Malfurion!

Malfurion enters battlefield.

Malfurion uses "HUSH" on Tyrande.

It's super effetive!

Tyrande runs away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whoever blizzard wants to win.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno TBH, Vanilla Sylvanas would kill Tyrande with ease but after going soft I'm not so sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the wrong question. The right one is "Who has more plot armour?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    It must be nice living in an perpetual state of delusion where Tyrande is the blizzard favourite over any Horde character, especially Sylvanas.
    Alliance have ALWAYS been the favorite of Blizzard.. No one can argue against that..

Even the least favorite Alliance leader get more positive attention, than any Horde leader,,
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    I don't know if you play this game but Tyrande definitely is not Blizzard's favorite. In fact it's completely the opposite.
    But she is of the favorite faction, and thus by extent, more favored than Sylvanas..

Tyrande's type is literally super effective against sylvanas...lol

anyways lore wise both characters are extremely powerful but tyrande is much older than sylvanas and more experienced in all forms of combat, her powers are designed to defeat darkness and undeath.

Sorry Tyrande would win.

Oh and the comments saying Tyrande is blizzard's favorite are shocking, comparing the level of activity and face time both characters get shows the complete opposite. Tyrande is often overshadowed by every other faction leader in almost every regard. They often just brush it off as dedication to her people and general night elf reclusiveness to get away with it.

In fact I would not be surprised if at this point blizzard picked sylvanas to win a fight between them but as of the original conception of both characters is Tyrande has the upper hand against most faction leaders.
    Last edited by High Priestess Tyrande; 2018-01-25 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    But she is of the favorite faction, and thus by extent, more favored than Sylvanas..
    That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

Gameplay-wise: PvE - Horde dominates raid scene, check guilds. PvP - Horde dominates most of brackets, check ladders.
    Lorewise: Horde has tons of char development since WotLK (Saurfang, Trall, Garrosh, Sylavannas, Bayne, heck, even Nathanos). Alliance has tons of cool chars, who got zero to none development (Malfurion? Tyrande? Mekkatorque? Council of Three Hammers?).

Furthermore, Horde won the choppers competition, Horde has way more yellers during all "FtA/FtH" moments of BlizzCons, most of devs main Horde, most of streamers main Horde, even goddamn Conan o Brian played as a Horde toon during his WoW review.

I know you aree just a mere troll, but at least be a competent one.

even if u handcuff sylvanase shes still the winner of this fight ! i cant remember a heroic act from tyrande or atleast my memory doesnt work right now...
    and with her respond to illidans msg by that crystal ! hell i wish both tyrande and malf getting killed in future ! arrogant bitches !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankrave View Post

Gameplay-wise: PvE - Horde dominates raid scene, check guilds. PvP - Horde dominates most of brackets, check ladders.
    Lorewise: Horde has tons of char development since WotLK (Saurfang, Trall, Garrosh, Sylavannas, Bayne, heck, even Nathanos). Alliance has tons of cool chars, who got zero to none development (Malfurion? Tyrande? Mekkatorque? Council of Three Hammers?).

Furthermore, Horde won the choppers competition, Horde has way more yellers during all "FtA/FtH" moments of BlizzCons, most of devs main Horde, most of streamers main Horde, even goddamn Conan o Brian played as a Horde toon during his WoW review.

Horde dominate raiding, because of a higher average age of players. Alliance have always dominated PvP, because of extra trinket.
    One of these is player based, the other Blizzard design.

Chopper contest was player based, NOT Blizzard.. And Blizzard made it available to Alliance players, because of whining, something they wouldn't have for Horde, because Horde don't whine..

Horde character development is out of nessesarity, because Blizzard kills them off one by one. It took 12 years, for the first important Alliance NPC to die. Again, positive Alliance spotlight and negative Horde development.

Malfurion have an entire levelling zone, dedicated to him in Legion. It's 100% mandatory to do 90% of Val'sharah on every single toon you make, because Tear of Elune is required for your artifact.
    Sylvanas is present in a handful of quests In Stormheim, but they are optional..
    More positive spotlight on Alliance..

Are you really so blind, you cannot see Blizz favors Alliance? Do not mix in players, as they don't matter. Besides, player population is roughly 60/40 in favor of Alliance..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2018-01-25 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Draw. Just as they would begin fighting, Malfurion would find himself in yet another mishap, and Tyrande would run off to save her Malfurion.

Deleted
    we dont need tyrande .we never did let her die.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    So you're suggesting that an unexpecting Tyrande would not die from a gunshot through the brain?

I hope you understand lore-wise a cursed bullet, let alone a normal one, would kill most of the in game mortal races outright if it went straight though the brain.

I mean I fully understand that from a gameplay mechanic it seems "lol one shot." But from a story perspective all these RPG stats hold little meaning.

Tyrande would not have been turned in to a banshee and her light and starfall would wreck all those undead ;-P

But seriously Tyrande has defeated much bigger opponents, started and led the Sentinel army(with Shandirs I believe?) and is also stalwart priestess, one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful priest.

The one thing Sylvanas has is her cunning/devious...ness. I don't think her banshee powers would do much to the most devout priestess of Elune/Light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dankrave View Post

Lorewise, other than Thrall name me a Horde leader who has done anything except swallow an old gods heart, get owned by Greymane and never see her again, get one shot by a random demon mob, and just sit in Silvermoon the whole time.

Horde leaders and races are very selfish and only truly think of themselves(garrosh banning anyone who wasn't true orc, sylvanas only caring about controlling the valkyr when mass chaos is going on around her, goblins...doesn't need an explanation, nor do the blood elves, they had to be pretty much blackmailed to even help in WOTLK) meanwhile they all go to Alliance heroes for quest givers while they squabble in their adobe huts.

Lore wise, Alliance heroes have saved this world over and over again. The one that orcs try to burn and destroy and the forsaken try to slaughter and plague.

And your yell comment. I think it is very, very even during the reveal vids.

I would love to see a horde leader/hero actually make a sacrifice to save someone or even to protect someone. Possibly the Alliance?

Blizzard doesn't need to start killing off Alliance heroes to balance it, just need to make the horde anything other than despicable.
    Last edited by Highelf; 2018-01-28 at 09:55 AM.

The Alliance npcs do more to protect the world than the Horde. The major villains just happen to be more closely connected to the Alliance npcs.

My first instinct is to say Sylvanas would win but Blizz keeps their actual powers incredibly vague.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Horde don't whine..
    Now that is a spicy meme my dude.

Worth bumping.... and noting that a previous deleted comment was hilarious: "Tyrande wins... Sylvanas would shoot herself just from listening to Tyrande's moaning for 1 min"

But honestly, all of Sylvanas' actions and inactions have been to show the citizens of Azeroth that the Gods, including Elune,... DO... NOT... CARE... about any of us. In the end, death claims us all, and they will have us. Our life, our death, etc-- none of it matters to them. Elune figured out that she's been "found out" and the citizens of Azeroth, BOTH FACTIONS, are going to come after her. Tyrande has nothing but seething hatred and Elune (when it suits her needs), but Sylvanas has skill, cunning, strategy, patience, intelligence..... Sylvanas is going to wreck her.

Sylvanas, easy. She is cunning, ruthless and powerful. None of the current leaders of the Alliance can defeat her tbh.

Tyrande murderstomps. As mentioned in Shadowlands, the Night Warrior has the power to severely injure an Old God. Tyrande is the most powerful faction leader.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Tyrande murderstomps. As mentioned in Shadowlands, the Night Warrior has the power to severely injure an Old God. Tyrande is the most powerful faction leader.
    Yet, Nathanos got away. Gotta love how consistent the writing is