Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drongo44 View Post
    That's not what I asked. He said he was "mocking the claim that bike locks are massive threats to public safety." Who said they were a massive threat to public safety?
    He was mocking the claim because incidents of that nature are used by the ridiculous pro-gun lobby as examples of gun regulation being "pointless".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    He was mocking the claim because incidents of that nature are used by the ridiculous pro-gun lobby as examples of gun regulation being "pointless".
    When the UK banned guns, knife crime went up by like 5000%. Now that they're trying to ban knives acid attacks are in vogue. I would say the gun advocates have a point here.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the UK banned guns, knife crime went up by like 5000%.
    Citation needed.

Now that they're trying to ban knives acid attacks are in vogue. I would say the gun advocates have a point here.
    You know what's worse than being scarred for life? Being dead for life.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what I asked. He said he was "mocking the claim that bike locks are massive threats to public safety." Who said they were a massive threat to public safety?
    People were claiming Antifa was a massive threat to public safety, and citing bike lock guy as a key example of that.

I really didn't think I'd have to explain that.

When the UK banned guns, knife crime went up by like 5000%. Now that they're trying to ban knives acid attacks are in vogue. I would say the gun advocates have a point here.
    Can you cite any evidence to back up that claim? You are continuously making outlandish claims, without backing it up. Are you simply opting to push conspiracy theories, now?

5+ Year Old Account
    Citation needed.

You know what's worse than being scarred for life? Being dead for life.
    It's obviously not 5000%. But gun crime went up 89% when gun laws were tightened.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...89-decade.html

So did knives:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/world...ence-increases

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    People were claiming Antifa was a massive threat to public safety, and citing bike lock guy as a key example of that.

I really didn't think I'd have to explain that.
    Antifa has members openly committing acts of violence and rioting. How are they not a threat to public safety?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're projecting. I was mocking the claim that bike locks are massive threats to public safety. Not the particulars of any act of violence. I've already explained that once, I don't see why I have to explain it again.
    So you're mocking the fact that they may be perceived as a threat to public safety...while you concede that they're used as weapons on members of the public. And I doubt you would downplay the potential for violence perpetrated by "wooden sticks" if such an instrument were in the hands of a police officer.

It's obviously not 5000%. But gun crime went up 89% when gun laws were tightened.

So did knives:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/world...ence-increases

- - - Updated - - -

Antifa has members openly committing acts of violence and rioting. How are they not a threat to public safety?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-39578500

It spiked again, yet is half what it was in 2009...

Yeah, that blows up your narrative. Crime spikes and falls, but in reality, gun crimes did go down, because of the restrictive measures put on firearms.

I do not support firearms restrictions, but it would be flat out disingenuous to sya that the UK did not reduce gun crimes by doing it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...cal-crime-data
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-01-25 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    So you're mocking the fact that they may be perceived as a threat to public safety...while you concede that they're used as weapons on members of the public. And I doubt you would downplay the potential for violence perpetrated by "wooden sticks" if such an instrument were in the hands of a police officer.
    I almost admire the tactics here, you twist the meaning of a joke, fabricate moral outrage, and attempt to make the original poster feel shame for it. Congratulations, you have completed the practical evaluation of SJW 101!

10+ Year Old Account

Gee, I wonder why gun offenses would increase after a tightening of laws related to gun usage.

Also, Dailymail? It's not the Daily Teletrash at least.

*thumbs up* Already explained why that is irrelevant.

Largely because 'fascists' are not 'the public'.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    More likely it's in the hands of a group he empathizes with, so he's more tempted to downplay it.

- - - Updated - - -

Gee, I wonder why gun offenses would increase after a tightening of laws related to gun usage.

Also, Dailymail? It's not the Daily Teletrash at least.

*thumbs up* Already explained why that is irrelevant.

Largely because 'fascists' are not 'the public'.
    Most of the crime spike was convictions for using them on people, not mere possession.

Also if you're one of those guys who thinks right wing = fascism, we should just end the discussion. I don't want to talk to someone like that. But you can have this recount of antifa instigating violence at a peaceful rally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.696356d07bfe

More likely it's in the hands of a group he empathizes with, so he's more tempted to downplay it.
    I'm still waiting for you to back up all your claims in the other thread. It's almost as if you ran away, because people kept calling you out on your lies and deflection.

You also seem to be pushing a false narrative in this thread. Don't worry, I have provided the statistics to clear up any misconceptions you may be trying to spread. I'm just doing my civic duty.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-01-25 at 08:33 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to back up all your claims in the other thread. It's almost as if you ran away, because people kept calling you out on your lies and deflection.
    If you keep following/harassing me I'll get in touch with a mod. You got your citation in the other thread; just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should pester me. Go try and troll somebody else mate.

If you keep following/harassing me I'll get in touch with a mod. You got your citation in the other thread; just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should pester me. Go try and troll somebody else mate.
    Actually, you did not. You ran away.

I've been in this thread, as well. I'm a big fan of calling out authoritarians, so I can be in two places at once. You seem to be posting a disingenuous narrative in this thread, so I posted the crime statistics to disprove your false narrative. You. Are. Welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Yeah! Can't you see drongo44 is the victim here? Mean internet bullies keep picking on him, for no reason at all! He is just trying to alert everyone to the alarming fact that literally everyone in the UK has been murdered with knives!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Actually, you did not. You ran away.

I've been in this thread, as well. I'm a big fan of calling out authoritarians, so I can be in two places at once. You seem to be posting a disingenuous narrative in this thread, so I posted the crime statistics to disprove your false narrative. You. Are. Welcome.
    Okay mate. I'll let the mod know about your quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Yeah! Can't you see drongo44 is the victim here? Mean internet bullies keep picking on him, for no reason at all! He is just trying to alert everyone to the alarming fact that literally everyone in the UK has been murdered with knives!
    I know you're eager to out yourself as not wanting to have an argument, just mock and confirm your own biases, but it's demonstrated knife crime in the UK went up at the same time they increased restrictions on them. And again: it's not crime for possession, it's violent crime.

Okay mate. I'll let the mod know about your quest.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you're eager to out yourself as not wanting to have an argument, just mock and confirm your own biases, but it's demonstrated knife crime in the UK went up at the same time they increased restrictions on them. And again: it's not crime for possession, it's violent crime.
    I provided you the crime statistics for the UK, they contradicted your previous narrative. No need to thank me, you are welcome.

If you don't want friendly reminders to let you know you are making baseless claims (surely on accident), let me know.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-01-25 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the crime spike was convictions for using them on people, not mere possession.
    Not remotely indicated as such by your biased source, but 'kay.

Also if you're one of those guys who thinks right wing = fascism, we should just end the discussion. I don't want to talk to someone like that.
    I said "fascists", by which I mean the alt-reich.

And quite frankly I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone complicit with the GOP at this point, either.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not remotely indicated as such by your biased source, but 'kay.

I said "fascists", by which I mean the alt-reich.

And quite frankly I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone complicit with the GOP at this point, either.
    Excusing left-wing violence is as low as excusing right-wing violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excusing left-wing violence is as low as excusing right-wing violence.
    Stating that X is not a public threat is not the same as saying X committing vandalism or acts of violence is acceptable.