Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My first BoE epics was The Green Tower, which dropped in STV while i was doing some 40+ quests on my very first character. At first i wanted to keep it but i had no gold for mount and i was 40+ already, so i sold it in AH for 70g. My guild mates then begun to wonder why i had sold it so cheap.

I was on my way to quit the game. I was farming to buy my epic mount. Un'goro crater made me realize that this game was gonna be the end of me. I started my mount run out to a safe area to hearth and aggrod something. Krol blade dropped and not only could I buy my epic but i bought 3 guildies theirs too !

I remember getting a skullflame shield. Could not sleep that night.. ahh, memories.

Deleted
    I got legendary mail gloves for a character of about level 40 (don't remember the name), dropped for my main character (mage), and was shipped to an alt which could use it. :3

Got a healthstone or whatever it was called (lame-ish epic trinket) when farming Tyr's Hand. Was exciting but then I realised it was a cheaper BoE epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I saw only one in all of classic, a cloth monocle that dropped in EPL. Luckily I was questing with my mage buddy who could use it. It was cool, but at that point I was already raid geared so it was way less exciting than it could have been; while it was a novel event I no longer saw epics as unobtainable.

Honestly, my most exciting world loot experience was actually getting a blue +defense ring (as a rogue) from a chest in Darkshire in my lvl 20s. It was the first blue I'd ever seen drop anywhere and I wore that fucking ring until almost to the cap.
    The Eye of Flame will always hold a special place in my heart. One time in Ironforge there was a T2 warlock asking if someone could lend him gold for repairs. He only wanted a little bit (less than 5g) and I had several hundred saved for the epic mount quest (I am also a warlock.) I opened the trade window an put in the sum of gold. He doesn't hit trade but instead offers an Eye of Flame (crazy random act of kindness.) I was so surprised I accepted then ran away and logged off. Selling it made sure I could get the items needed for the final phase in Dire Maul for me and my guildy (and several other 'locks before the release of TBC.)

My first BoE epic dropped in STV near the three enemy pirate ships. I had teamed up with a random Shadow Priest to kill the captains and as we were attacking the second vessel a Need/Greed window came up with purple writing. Not just purple writing, but purple writing with words I could use - the Underworld Band gave 14 shadow power and either spirit or stamina. Me and the priest just kinda stared at it for a while and the timer must have been half way down when I finally typed "I'm going to roll need on that." "Me too," he replied. I won the roll and was still wearing the ring months later when I entered Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The Eye of Flame will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Yes! That's the one! I didn't remember the name.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Of course. That Krol Blade and those Stockade Pauldrons from farming Tyr's Hand are etched in my mind forever.
    I created a gnome rogue specifically to wield the Krol Blade I found in EPL.
    I still use the transmog for it much of the time today on her.

On my first toon, a Gnome Warlock, I got Hurricane in Western Plaguelands way back in Vanilla. I remember being like "oh cool its purple!" and my friends were like "omfg you lucky fucker". Little did I know at the time. It helped me get the gold I needed to do the Warlock Epic Mount quest.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only had two epics during the whole of Vanilla, and one of them was a lucky BoE drop. A 2H sword called Nightblade, which dropped in a cave in southern Swamp of Sorrows (east of Stonard, can't recall the name). I held onto it for so long, and eventually it inspired me to create a lvl 39 twink paladin. Kitted her out with Raging Berserker's Helm, Crushridge Bindings, Gauntlets of Divinity, etc ---- all the top-of-the-line Mail gear you could get at the time. Was a lot of fun.

Nothing beats my gladiators chest piece from brd arena rare boss so far. nice memories though. I had a weapon from silithus too but i forgot what it was however I rememeber I gave it immediately to my friend.

Gotten a good few epics from world drops over the years. My first purple world drop was during Vanilla from the Tanaris pirates when I was farming them for gold. Got the Guardian Staff or whatever it is. I also got Blade of the Titans from a Tanaris mob in Vanilla (in the same few days at the staff, actually). It's only a blue weapon, but it was basically epic-tier for the time.

Every expansion I've had the luck of getting at least one or two random good world drops, whether it's a legendary or a pet or whatever. It usually generates most of my gold funds for the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    my first boe epics were 5 levels away from 60. i found those mail gauntlets that are BiS for fury warriors the entire game.. ya i made some gold.
    Edgemaster's Handguards or whatever? I don't think they were quite BiS the whole time of Vanilla, but I don't really know either way I guess.

Many moons ago I got the OG Hurricane bow while farming on my priest, passed it back to my hunter.

This was back in the day when pushback on enemy casts was not limited, and Hurricane had the fastest shoot time of any bow in the game. Likewise, pets had different attack speeds. So I grabbed my Hurricane, grabbed the fastest-attacking pet in the game (King Bangalash from STV I believe) and went to town on people in PVP. Between my personal interrupts, and the ridiculous fast attack times on my bow and pet (and quiver? I don't recall), most casters couldn't successfully get a cast off against me before they were dead. Hope you boys brought your instants to the fight!
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Back around 1.8, Bloodrazor dropped off a gorilla in southeast Stranglethorn Vale.

My first purple was a ring I looted somewhere in ... I think it was Feralas, or Arathi. I want to say Feralas... Anywho, the one I REALLY remember was when farming Ghouls for runecloth and Argent Dawn rep tokens, in Uther's Graveyard, I looted a Lifestone. The Trinket gave a passive heal overtime, and an on use to heal. I paired it with Julie's Dagger. It fit really nicely with my dodge-subtlety build. I used it in PVP often enough, in fact.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a ring during levelling. Ring of Saviour dropped. I got really excited and equipped it. I played a mage and oh well, extra armor on use never hurts... right...

the first time i saw an epic was off trash monsters in zul farak, everyone rolled need on it, and i lost.. i remember people begging to buy it off the guy who looted it for 15g, which was a lot of money for most people.... i lost the roll

the first time i got an epic loot was in silithus off a random bug, and i got the krol blade while questing

I think my first solo epic was Krol Blade from Ruins of Andorhal, I got Stockade Pauldrons, Forors Compendion of Dragonslaying and a Teebus Blazing Longsword. Wouln't really call the Breastplate of the Chromatic Flight and Felstriker world drops, but their drop chance was freaking low and they both made by far my most memorable epic drops besides Teebus.

It's crazy to see how many people sold epics for 600g.

I think that number has came up at least 10 times so far.

Many epics while farming Tyr's Hand for orbs, Skull flame Shield i think was my first.