Poll: Do you agree that they should also remain accessible?

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post

The main problem is the demon hunter one: Flamereaper is by a wide margin better than any other appearance
    That is just an opinion lol. I think the DH Tank appearance is one of the best looking appearances, and that the DH DPS apperance is stupid looking. But these are all subjective to each person on who likes what best. Regardless I like when they have things like this, it's soloable content that is temporary that u can show off later that you had the skill to do reasonably.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Because they'll be made trivial, so your best option is to gear up and make them trivial before the next expansion.
    Did the Shadow and Disc on alright. Holy Priest is still giving me trouble at 956 ilvl!

Almost have every challenge skin on each class. Just missing 4, due to a mix of laziness and burnout.

I'd be fine with them keeping the challenge skins available. The "prestige" people go on about has already been lost with how wildly our performance has jumped with gear.

Heck, Imp Mother still lets people use Lightblood Elixirs. That thing shreds through the challenge.

Blizzard removing the ability to earn them feels more like an empty-ish way to appeal to the people who -need- to possess something unobtainable.

-----------------

If Blizzard really wants to maintain the appeal of the "Challenge". They should have had an individual challenge for every spec, have it scale you, and let you do it in any expansion. They could even devise a way to make old class abilities return to you always have the same toolkit when in that "instance".

I'd love to see them do similar with Challenge Mode MoP and WoD too. Got my WoD one already, only missing two for MoP.

But I don't really feel good telling someone they wont be able to earn Cloudsong Glaive, or a challenge mode set. Spoken with a few people who comment on my paladin in her CM set and Glaive, and they never continue to think it is cool. They just get disappointed and have suddenly lost a future goal they could have aimed for.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Did the Shadow and Disc on alright. Holy Priest is still giving me trouble at 956 ilvl!
    Do you use Censure and Shackle Undead? I found Holy's toolkit heavily trivialized the fight.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2018-01-25 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Oh my, i did that @ 901 ilvl or smth back then.Just be focused it;s really not that hard

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Because maybe, just maybe i did like the experience of collecting all 36, and would like that others could have the same experience and DIDN'T LIKE the idea that they will be removed.

It just happen that someone made a thread before me.

Not everyone is complaining for the sake of complaining, the point of a discussion is that people will debate over a idea.
    You're just telling the op to shut up because your assumption tells he doesn't have all the skins.

With that logic i can assume you also have none of the skins and with that i may ask.Who in earth are you to decide if ours skins should be available or not and to tell someone to shut up in a matter you have no ground to speak off.
    I never told anyone to shut up. Stop lying and playing a victim. Others can have the same experience. They just have to do it before BFA. Not everyone is complaining for the sake of complaining, but you are.

Assume all you want, I'm not the one make a whine thread about artifact skins being removed even though I own all the ones I care about.

To the pit of misery with you! Dilly, dilly! /ignore

Simple, add a single reskin of the mage tower model (in a color that hasn't been used yet) that can be earned after Legion ends. Then make the tower scale but still allow much higher ilvl's a small advantage over lower ilvls. Finally, you wouldn't be able to earn the other 3 colors that are unlocked by kills/dungeons or whatever.

This makes 0 sense.
    Why in the world would they do such a silly thing as to not let us have ALL artifact appearances obtainable somehow post Legion?

Just to clarify: I have all artifact skins for every spec.

The main problem is the demon hunter one: Flamereaper is by a wide margin better than any other appearance, hence it would be a pain for someone who joins the game later not being able to obtain that particular appearance. especially considering how few other options DHs have compared to other classes.

The other one being the druid werebear form, though there are other options to choose from, that form is simply vastly superior in every sense.
    Something like the claws of Shirvalla talent was back then but that isn't a problem since there exist a toy which turns you into a saberon anyways.

The point is, there must exist some way in which future players could obtain these exquisite appearances also. Must not be the current way, a way nonetheless.
    It is a reward for playing to a set level of skill. Even if at this point most are just overgearing it.
    It should not be available once the most powerful gear available in this expac is replaced by the greens of the next.
    Sorry, at least Blizzard gets this one thing right.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, there must exist some way in which future players could obtain these exquisite appearances also. Must not be the current way, a way nonetheless.
    Well IIRC, the Pandaria Challenge Mode armor sets ended up being recolored versions of the Class Hall armor sets.

Ultimately yeah, it does suck that they've made armor and weapon skins that very few people end up getting. But I
    suppose the counter argument is that there are already a shit ton of other skins available, and you're able to get
    nearly ALL the skins for the Artifact weapons, just not the +15 Mythic or the Challenge Mode ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they need to lock more things away honestly..people getting things because they out geared the challenge an expansion later is lame

10+ Year Old Account
    To further add, I think the Mage Tower is mostly poorly designed and even moreso poorly tuned.

The fact that it is gear dependent (especially Legendary) dependent is not good game design,
    quite the opposite in fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Well IIRC, the Pandaria Challenge Mode armor sets ended up being recolored versions of the Class Hall armor sets.
    Other way around lol. Also, the shoulders & helms were modified extensively for the class order hall sets, and the visual effects were removed. They are significantly different and it's obvious to see the Class sets aren't quite as special as the challenge sets.

Come to think of it, this could be an excellent way of creating a mentality of scarcity - if some stuff is limited, it encourages a feeling of urgency, and it also gives players that went through it a special feeling of privilege.

Dev for NEO Impossible Bosses, an RTS-MOBA Raidboss rush game!

This makes 0 sense.
    Why in the world would they do such a silly thing as to not let us have ALL artifact appearances obtainable somehow post Legion?

Just to clarify: I have all artifact skins for every spec.

The main problem is the demon hunter one: Flamereaper is by a wide margin better than any other appearance, hence it would be a pain for someone who joins the game later not being able to obtain that particular appearance. especially considering how few other options DHs have compared to other classes.

The other one being the druid werebear form, though there are other options to choose from, that form is simply vastly superior in every sense.
    Something like the claws of Shirvalla talent was back then but that isn't a problem since there exist a toy which turns you into a saberon anyways.

Just 3 words - Limited Time Offer. This crap comes from F2P games, where players need to be convinced to buy stuff via triggering their greed. In P2P game such crap shouldn't happen, as what we've bought - should belong to us forever, no matter, if this content becomes obsoleted or not.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they should give players who completed it during Legion a title or something and let people keep trying to get it after Legion but without getting the title.

Like how they did with the Green fire quest.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post

Except for the fact that they've been upfront about this for like nine months now. It's a limited time event. If you want it, do it within the very generous timeframe they allot you, or don't. If you don't get it done, oh well, your loss. It's literally so easy to get them right now if you're 920+ it's a joke for people to complain about this.

These complaints are very hard to take seriously.
    9 months isn't anything, they have been saying for 5 expansions how updating the bag space was "impossible." Things change, seeing how people reacted to the changes to the old raids and dungeons might have some weight to how people value cosmetics and Blizzards approach going forward. Something they would be stupid to not take advantage and do something like putting it back in within a raid similar to enchanted weapons..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Because maybe, just maybe i did like the experience of collecting all 36, and would like that others could have the same experience and DIDN'T LIKE the idea that they will be removed.

It just happen that someone made a thread before me.

Not everyone is complaining for the sake of complaining, the point of a discussion is that people will debate over a idea.
    You're just telling the op to shut up because your assumption tells he doesn't have all the skins.

With that logic i can assume you also have none of the skins and with that i may ask.Who in earth are you to decide if ours skins should be available or not and to tell someone to shut up in a matter you have no ground to speak off.
    I'm with you. These challenges are cool, and they could always implement these with some kind of scaling tech to make them challenging even after the expansion, probably with a fixed difficulty, like the Chromie scenario. This would surely put people who do them at item level above 930 now in an advantage, but would still be better than remove them for good.

I still would love to get some MoP CM appearances, at least the one for warlock and priest. Only managed to get the set on my main (mage), because I had a longer break in MoP due to several reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Like I said I don't have the time I work in healthcare and I work 12 hour shifts each day I don't have all legendaries and hell I only got my final 910 piece last night in equipment not everyone has the time to be mythic raider heroes I literally only have the one class to 110 and I have every reputation revered NOT exalted yet but I don't live and breath the game either and I really can't be arsed studying for a fight just for an appearence.
    Then that is just unlucky. You can't have everything in life

So..why excactly does it make no sense? I am strugeling to find any kind of argument in the OP.

Clearly, exclusive content has some fans, while others like to keep collecting stuff from old expansions. Therefore some rewards are exclusive, while others can continue to collected.
    If you want to play a game that just pleases you personally, go play a single player game with a lot of modding capability. You cant have that in an MMO.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I like that there are unobtainable items in the game. Even though it hurts me to the bone that I'll never be able to have any of the amazing MoP sets because I didn't play during that period, I think you should be able to have lasting rewards that showed your dedication at one time of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Warlock players can still do the Kanrethad encounter to get their green fire, so I don’t see an issue with this. People quickly outgeared it when it came out, and now they just outlevel it.

Maybe offer the same “you did it when it was current content” achievement or something.
    The green fire yes, the title no. There's still something prestigious about having done it during the intended expansions.

Deleted
    Don't get me started on this one xD