Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Kidnapping victim killed after FBI open fire

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kidnappin...230735896.html

By hey at least they got the criminal, that makes it ok right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/kidnappin...230735896.html

By hey at least they got the criminal, that makes it ok right?
    This is the price of freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    way to bait a thread.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    way to bait a thread.

Truth hurt?

The video doesn't say if the kidnapper was shooting at the agents or not. That might impact the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    The video doesn't say if the kidnapper was shooting at the agents or not. That might impact the situation.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/man-s...ctim/511391014
    Dupuis said all three suspects could face capital murder charges even though they didn't shoot the man because their crime lead to his death.
    The agent involved in the shooting has been placed on leave, which is protocol when there’s a shooting.

Looks like a tough bunch.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    This is the price of freedom.
    No. No it isn't. The price of freedom, by any reasonable definition, cannot be an ever growing mountain of death.

That is a price that may be more familiar to those living in totalitarian dictatorships than countries that claim to be free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    No. No it isn't. The price of freedom, by any reasonable definition, cannot be an ever growing mountain of death.

That is a price that may be more familiar to those living in totalitarian dictatorships than countries that claim to be free.

Pretty sure Rich was being sarcastic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Definitely. If they were engaged in a firefight with the officers, they didn't really have much of a choice. I'd need to hear more about what exactly happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Definitely. If they were engaged in a firefight with the officers, they didn't really have much of a choice. I'd need to hear more about what exactly happened.

Every link I can find makes no mention of anyone beside FBI opening fire.

Didn't have a choice? You mean falling back and trying to negotiate until the victims are released isn't an option?

As I said in the op it's ok kill the victims as long as the criminal is caught huh? Ends justify the means?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Looks like a tough bunch.
    They seem like a lovely bunch. The FBI should had walked in with baked cookies and asked really nicely for them to surrender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    They seem like a lovely bunch. The FBI should had walked in with baked cookies and asked really nicely for them to surrender.

Nah, opening fire and not caring if the victims die is clearly the better option.

Didn't have a choice? You mean falling back and trying to negotiate until the victims are released isn't an option?

As I said in the op it's ok kill the victims as long as the criminal is caught huh? Ends justify the means?
    I guess those are also the same specimens that waive off their human rights if they ever get kidnapped or swatted.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    I move that we disarm all FBI agents.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough is known to know if the FBI was to blame. I will wait before passing judgement when more details are known in the case. But it also illustrates you can not depend on the police to rescue you. Need to be prepared to defend yourself.

well, in ALL cases, shootout starts when negotiation falls through. FBI is local police. They have EXPERT negotiators. If the negotiation falls through, then shootout starts. The location is also important, if there were space to safety fall back without endangering the GENERAL public. FBI agents are not obligated to die to resolve a situation peacefully. We need more information in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    well, in ALL cases, shootout starts when negotiation falls through. FBI is local police. They have EXPERT negotiators. If the negotiation falls through, then shootout starts. The location is also important, if there were space to safety fall back without endangering the GENERAL public. FBI agents are not obligated to die to resolve a situation peacefully. We need more information in this case.

Nope just the victims are.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you don't use Fuze on a hostage mission.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately in real world hostage situations fatalities happen and sometimes that means civilian causalities, without looking into this further I won't make any judgments but as is I think it's important to separate the reality from the fiction. If the FBI were the only ones firing that is unacceptable, but if this occurred during a fire fight this is simply a tragedy.