Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    this is what i am thinking.
    I am SICK AND TIRED of blizzard not giving a shit or messing about, i have played this class since TBC and only in WOLTK it was decent, that is 1 year and a half.
    Saddly i think i am ready to reroll
    In what world was retribution decent in Wrath of the Lich King? The spec was literally, hit whatever is off of cooldown. There was a priority for certain abilities, but even if you screwed that up, you did fine. Pure face-roll at it's finest. I have to imagine you're just talking about position on a damage meter, which many people seems to equate to quality class design and game play. It doesn't.

I've been convinced over the years and checking back in at new expansions that it doesn't matter what they change. No one is every happy. A lot of good changes have been made over the years, and a lot of bad ones have been made as well. Some things need to be fixed as always, but to say we've been ignored is an ignorant statement itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    In what world was retribution decent in Wrath of the Lich King? The spec was literally, hit whatever is off of cooldown. There was a priority for certain abilities, but even if you screwed that up, you did fine. Pure face-roll at it's finest. I have to imagine you're just talking about position on a damage meter, which many people seems to equate to quality class design and game play. It doesn't.

I've been convinced over the years and checking back in at new expansions that it doesn't matter what they change. No one is every happy. A lot of good changes have been made over the years, and a lot of bad ones have been made as well. Some things need to be fixed as always, but to say we've been ignored is an ignorant statement itself.
    Those that acompanied this class since forever take that as decent indeed.
    I remember casting seals and judging with auto attack, and remember cataclysm combo points and inquisition.
    Wotlk at least was fun, hitting like a truck and flashing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Those that acompanied this class since forever take that as decent indeed.
    I remember casting seals and judging with auto attack, and remember cataclysm combo points and inquisition.
    Wotlk at least was fun, hitting like a truck and flashing
    I played retribution in WoTLK at a higher level than most people here and beyond numbers, it wasn't all that exciting. Seals were only mechanically interesting when you could do things like juggle SOV stacks on multiple mobs, otherwise it was something you put up before a fight and thought nothing of it. Sounds like you're just going back to the bold, and citing that as a reason it was good. If numbers are the only thing that matters, then sure, WoTLK was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    I played retribution in WoTLK at a higher level than most people here and beyond numbers, it wasn't all that exciting. Seals were only mechanically interesting when you could do things like juggle SOV stacks on multiple mobs, otherwise it was something you put up before a fight and thought nothing of it. Sounds like you're just going back to the bold, and citing that as a reason it was good. If numbers are the only thing that matters, then sure, WoTLK was good.
    Now now. Just because you could put up entire Ret rotation into functional one button cast sequence macro doesn't mean it was boring or something.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Rofl

I think the ultimate 8.0 fantasy is that the listen to feedback in the beta for once.

Thats why its called a fantasy
    I'm with Anaxie on this, i'm putting my ashbringer onto the wall if we end up in the same position as Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Now now. Just because you could put up entire Ret rotation into functional one button cast sequence macro doesn't mean it was boring or something.
    Lol

CLCRet made so many baddies into decent players. Probably another reason people loved it.

Wotlk retribution was a proper paladin spec: sturdy, decent utility, decent off healing, a lot of flavor abilities, scary as feth damage during wings.
    In words of a certain chap, we had nothing , but that was something, and now it’s taken away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Perfect Storm View Post
    Wotlk retribution was a proper paladin spec: sturdy, decent utility, decent off healing, a lot of flavor abilities, scary as feth damage during wings.
    In words of a certain chap, we had nothing , but that was something, and now it’s taken away.
    Wrath ret at least functioned in PvP, had decent mobility and gap closing mechanics (remember when you could CLEANSE MAGIC?) and hit like a truck during Wings. The only caveat is that we were the only melee class that did not have an interrupt at the time.

Was it engaging? Challenging? Complex? no; but tbh, if you wanted complexity tons of other classes had it. If you had something to bitch about, ret going back to Wrath's 'Champion Faesrol' design isn't one of them considering the current design goal that we can so far see is to let the spec rot in hell and get nothing but nerfs.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2018-01-25 at 08:14 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    I'm with Anaxie on this, i'm putting my ashbringer onto the wall if we end up in the same position as Legion.
    Can't put it on the wall if Blizzard takes it away first.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Prot says hi!
    What's wrong with Prot paladins?

I mean, Blizzards admitted in the past that they use prot paladins as the standard, and balance the rest of the tank classes from there.
    And I can't think of a single time Prot was not viable, it's just guardian was ridiculously strong for far too long this expansion.

make prot less reliant on active mitigation like other tanks (bears)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What's wrong with Prot paladins?

I mean, Blizzards admitted in the past that they use prot paladins as the standard, and balance the rest of the tank classes from there.
    And I can't think of a single time Prot was not viable, it's just guardian was ridiculously strong for far too long this expansion.
    Activated mitigation op, outside of that we are extremely weak. It's a known issue this xpack. Main it since wotlk and progression is brutal. We decided to replace me last raid for a druid. Running retri now.and seeing the plans for Bfa so far is not looking colourful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Wrath ret at least functioned in PvP, had decent mobility and gap closing mechanics (remember when you could CLEANSE MAGIC?) and hit like a truck during Wings. The only caveat is that we were the only melee class that did not have an interrupt at the time.

Was it engaging? Challenging? Complex? no; but tbh, if you wanted complexity tons of other classes had it. If you had something to bitch about, ret going back to Wrath's 'Champion Faesrol' design isn't one of them considering the current design goal that we can so far see is to let the spec rot in hell and get nothing but nerfs.
    Functioned? Ret was obnoxious in PVP. I could one shot most clothies, and half of the rest of the opposing team in the average BG. Pop wings you could take out groups of players without a care in the world. It was fun, but it was wrong and needed to be changed.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hope we can keep using 2 handers as Holy, and they make like all 2 handers multi-useable, int/str/agility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Hope we can keep using 2 handers as Holy, and they make like all 2 handers multi-useable, int/str/agility.
    I'm sure all of the dps specs that use 2handers would love to compete for them with healers.

Seal and Auras

Though I'd be fine with ret not being just a yellow arms warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    make prot less reliant on active mitigation like other tanks (bears)
    No tanks should be more like bears

Legion bears were flawed in that they are too perfect,they have the best tools to counter virtually anything

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we're talking pure fantasy

Removing the arms mastery

Adding back the big 3, emancipate + long arm + burden

I've hated yellow combo points since they were introduced on ret so I'd like to see those go as well. My dream is to get wotlk ret back, maybe not as mongoloid but it's hard to argue against it being very fun then.

Most likely I just keep it permanently shelved. I'm fine playing warrior now though I do miss bubble , bop , and on demand self heals it's not worth the trade off to go back. Ret is fucking trash and Blizzard is ignorant af you know how they like to double down on their magnificent ideas..

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Hammer of Wrath, as every spec.
    Smaller things - Auras, Seals, Exorcism, Holy Wrath.
    Exorcism would be awesome especially with a new animation. I miss feeling like a holy battlemage.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-01-26 at 01:24 AM.

Hammer of Wrath, as every spec.
    Smaller things - Auras, Seals, Exorcism, Holy Wrath.

Or the initial Alpha notes just rip all of our hopes and dreams apart. Wake of Ashes confirmed as a Level 100 talent, nerfed to a 45 second cooldown. Blade of Justice at 12 seconds. If we thought Ret was slow and clunky now, we're in for a world of pain unless we're missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Or the initial Alpha notes just rip all of our hopes and dreams apart. Wake of Ashes confirmed as a Level 100 talent, nerfed to a 45 second cooldown. Blade of Justice at 12 seconds. If we thought Ret was slow and clunky now, we're in for a world of pain unless we're missing something.
    LMAO.

God damn thats dumb.