Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Artifact Weapons, what I'll miss the most when they're gone.

I'm going to miss my Arcane staff talking shit to me from time to time. I'm also going to miss that cool animation, when I'm close to a source of arcane power. I don't even care about that buff that much. I wish I could keep those 2 things even without the staff.

Also, I'm going to miss turning demons and undead to ash with my Ashbringer.

Most of all, I want to save Hati from destruction.

All those little things from Artifact weapons are what made them the most fun, at least for me. Please Blizz? Can we keep the little things?
    Last edited by TJkroz; 2018-01-25 at 04:21 PM.

Grinding artifact power..... just kidding
    If we dont get to keep artifact apearances as transmog ill say thats what ill miss

Nothing. Artifact power was a joke. I am glad it's gone.

I hope that if you choose to keep the transmog active, knaifu will still talk to you. I will miss her

I'm gonna miss the power. Those things were so godly for soloing old content and helping with Timewalking I think we might possibly wind up slightly weaker as fresh 120s against, say, WoD mythic raids than we currently are at 110.

I will miss the flavour too, though. I kinda wish we absorbed all the power into our characters, kept all the traits, abilities and whatnot and just moved forward, balancing around that. I never leveled as Arcane, so I missed out on those quips, and by the time I leveled my Demonology Warlock and Shadow Priest I had already seen the leveling experience often enough I didn't have WoW sound on, so I frequently missed the voice chatting. I wish there were a separate volume slider for NPC voices like that, where you can mute all sound except dialogue, but it seems to be tied to the normal sounds.

But yeah. At least if we transmogged our weapons to look like our artifacts in the future, I'd love for at least the cosmetic special effects to still be present - Ashbringer ashifying undead and demons, talking weapons, baa-ing staff when you polymorph, etc.

What I'll miss about artifacts:
    Nothing.

Deleted
    They could always tie the staff talking to you to the mog itself (probably already the case) so for as long as you transmog to the artifact it should continue talking to you in BFA?

Personally I won't miss much, I really did not like the relic system and I look forward to getting real weapons as drops again. I just wish weapons couldn't titanforge, that's going to be a bit silly...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Nothing. Artifact power was a joke. I am glad it's gone.
    Artifact power is still a thing in BFA you know, it's just called Azerite power instead... =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Too bad Azurite is exactly the same system, I liked AP though so I'm happy about it
    It's very similar, but it's not exactly the same. Being a necklace means you only have one thing to upgrade per class instead of as many specs as you have, so there are no tokens, it's just automatically applied when you do relevant content, and the special effects come from the Azerite gear instead of the necklace.

It still sounds like it'll have a few issues the AP system had in terms of alts or late players, but it seems better in general.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll miss how artifact traits actually made Outlaw playable.

Deleted
    As I play mainly melee classes, I'll miss not being gimped by weapons – upgrading relics was much easier than finding BiS weap…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    As I play mainly melee classes, I'll miss not being gimped by weapons – upgrading relics was much easier than finding BiS weap…
    i hate to wait for the right weapon never had luck with this shit
    I remember icc hc bloodcouncil, I was waiting so long for the 2h mace to drop for my warry i guess it was like 10 id's
    The one ID i helped out with my resto shaman because our main healer was sick and the fucking mace dropped -.-
    every time the same

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    They could always tie the staff talking to you to the mog itself (probably already the case) so for as long as you transmog to the artifact it should continue talking to you in BFA?

Personally I won't miss much, I really did not like the relic system and I look forward to getting real weapons as drops again. I just wish weapons couldn't titanforge, that's going to be a bit silly...

Artifact power is still a thing in BFA you know, it's just called Azerite power instead... =)
    Yea I know that much... hopefully it's a refined version of AP that doesn't suck to grind/farm lol.

- - - Updated - - -

No one enjoyed running maw of souls 600x that I know of lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post

I don't think it works like that for Corrupted Ashbringer or Xal'atoh, but it would be nice if they change it so the Artifacts and them two weapons can still whisper to you while they're xmogged.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Personally, I love the thought of continuously powering up your weapon, slowly making it more effectively and versatile in combat. I just hated doing it for three of them without any sort of cross-empowering mechanic. This is were the game design got in the way.. Alts became tedious quickly and your main spec was usually forced on your role than what you liked to play... Having AP, at the very least, have some sort of account-wide effect, would have been preferential compared to AK.

all my traits and especially the ones that don't get baked into the next expansion. Transmog on a couple of them if we loose that (don't think we are though).

Otherwise nothing, my special ability from it sucked out side of a few specific instances. And I wish I got the paladin flail, but instead as a warrior I got the grappling hook look, oh well.

Not having weapon RNG was kind of cool as well. Relics weren't too bad.

100% agree. Waiting for RNG to get a decent weapon was horrible. I'm kinda bummed that we are going back to that in BfA...

The thing I will miss the most is NOT having to worry about the acquisition of new weapons. Having artifact weapons is brilliant. I would have kept them moving forward, but had a "reset" at the end of the xpac.

This farming for some type of resource isn't going to end.

Hell if they were smart they would have done both armor and weapon with 2 resources and you choose which one to farm for the week :P That would drive a lot of people nuts, but you would have always something to do to improve your character, which a lot of people like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJkroz View Post
    I'm going to miss my Arcane staff talking shit to me from time to time. I'm also going to miss that cool animation, when I'm close to a source of arcane power. I don't even care about that buff that much. I wish I could keep those 2 things even without the staff.

Also, I'm going to miss turning demons and undead to ash with my Ashbringer.

Most of all, I want to save Hati from destruction.

All those little things from Artifact weapons are what made them the most fun, at least for me. Please Blizz? Can we keep the little things?
    I wont miss artifacts because they are garbage.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

knaifu pls

except it's not

finding one weapon>finding 3 relics with the right trait, and the right crucible.