Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Functioned? Ret was obnoxious in PVP. I could one shot most clothies, and half of the rest of the opposing team in the average BG. Pop wings you could take out groups of players without a care in the world. It was fun, but it was wrong and needed to be changed.
    Hyperbole much? I never said it wasnt overtuned like a motherfucker, but its overall design was solid for its intended purpose. All it really needed was damage output nerfs, which would have brought its overall dps in line with the rest.

And again, it still works and is a known build that actually had raid and pvp potential, whereas ret in Legion has decent (read: weaker) middle range melee dps in raids, and has almost no viability in PvP with its lack of mobility. Currently, ret is losing some critical talents that are being removed with Artifacts, and there is no real evidence to suggest Blizzard will listen to feedback this time around just like they did in Legion; and until Beta talents and mechanics are actually visible, no one can say that ret is getting any respectable tuning.

FFS, even the mockup they showed at blizzcon showed ret with heavy nerfs to its mobility (45 second freedom), with Wake replacing Holy Wrath at the final tier, and no longer having extended time duration for crusade/AW. All anyone can see with ret so far is heavy nerfs and even worse mobility until a playable build is visible.

The only thing anyone can suggest is possible builds that existed in the past and were somewhat viable. We know wrath worked, and was overtuned, using it as a possible baseline in design wouldn't hurt as a "hope" for redesign's sake.

And more importantly, it would finally kill the damn Holy Power system, its become so damn useless both prot and holy got rid of it. Just kill the damn thing off already.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

The only thing interesting that I saw in the initial notes for us is the new Ancient Power system. I wonder what spec that applies to?

Seriously though, really hope we see more than just a few talents being shuffled around or I will be pissed. I want my ranged finisher back, and quality seals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it happened, they actually went ahead with making our already shit tier mobility even shittier.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Well, it happened, they actually went ahead with making our already shit tier mobility even shittier.
    I was so pissed when I read these notes... If you don't like how ret feels right now it is only going to feel worse next expansion.. I guess I will just stay holy spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I was so pissed when I read these notes... If you don't like how ret feels right now it is only going to feel worse next expansion.. I guess I will just stay holy spec.
    They also went and made us even more dependant on haste for a smooth rotation... Our rotation currently feels like complete shit without ~25% haste... What did they do? They increased the CD on Crusader strike and BoJ by 1.5s... Because fuck logic and fuck our feedback over the last 2 years.

I am so fucking sick of this class design team, they are a bunch of god damned idiots.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's Alpha and all but how many times we gone through this shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I know it's Alpha and all but how many times we gone through this shit?
    Too many, way too damn many... And based on how Legion's alpha went, they will ignore all our feedback, again, and it will launch like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Hyperbole much?
    Nope. I PVP'd in full BIS raid gear, which included Shadowmourne in the final tier. Defensive gear is for the birds. Judgement, auto attack, and seal damage (one keystroke) could easily hit for 25k+ on a clothie which was more HP than most of them entered with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me POJ back and I will be happy.

I don't want to keep moving slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Hopes:
    - Pursuit of Justice
    - New mastery (fuck colossus smash)

Guesses:
    - Fuck all changes

Deleted
    Hmm all i hope for is that we keep "Ashes to Ashes" without it becoming a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    The only thing interesting that I saw in the initial notes for us is the new Ancient Power system. I wonder what spec that applies to?

Seriously though, really hope we see more than just a few talents being shuffled around or I will be pissed. I want my ranged finisher back, and quality seals.
    Pretty sure Ancient Power was originally what Guardian of the Ancient Kings gave us as a buff during Cata.
    So...maybe they're returning Guardian to all specs?

Guys, why did not they delete this damn mastery? Let's assume what was in draenor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Nope. I PVP'd in full BIS raid gear, which included Shadowmourne in the final tier. Defensive gear is for the birds. Judgement, auto attack, and seal damage (one keystroke) could easily hit for 25k+ on a clothie which was more HP than most of them entered with.
    So you want to compare the entire class design to unicorn standards and then bitch about it being broken. Whatever floats your boat then.

Still better than whatever shit we are going to get next expac for sure
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    So you want to compare the entire class design to unicorn standards and then bitch about it being broken. Whatever floats your boat then.

Still better than whatever shit we are going to get next expac for sure

I see you've made it out from the rock you were living under during Wrath and have relocated to the salt mines for the foreseeable future. While my case may be a bit on the extreme end, it didn't take much to do exceptionally well as a Paladin in PVP. There are countless videos still available showing people in PVP gear and without legendaries doing just as well. As a quick example before I go to bed, first one that popped up for me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApLg47hEezc

You think blowing people up in a matter of seconds is "functional?" Please...if someone couldn't dominate a BG as a decently geared ret paladin in wrath, they shouldn't have been trying to PVP in quest reward greens. There's a reason people still talk about it. Everyone love's being broken.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2018-01-26 at 07:59 AM.

Retribution Paladins are going to be awesome in BfA.
    Screen it right now and right here.

Incase anyone misses it this time, I am being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

On the point of WOTLK Ret damage and total undisputed PvP dominance:

7+ Year Old Account
    I've played Ret since Classic (or at least intended to play it in Classic, just to put on my cloth items and start to heal, lol) and I really don't understand why they can't bring back the features we all loved. People have diffrent opinions, but I always read that Hammer of Wrath is something most of the Ret-Community agrees on being a spell fun to play with. I also can't remember people crying about HoW being too strong in PvP or PvE.

That said, I think current Ret in Legion is not the worst we had, the Judgement-Debuff is something I despised at the beginning but learned to play with and now I do not really care much about it. Maybe it's kinda hard for new players to do raid mechanics and keep up a proper rotation, but I can't recall better players to complain about it being too hard or clunky.

I think the biggest problem will be that Wake of Ashes is a dead talent, because Crusade will be way too strong again if they keep it like that. And this is just really bad design on Blizzards part + without Divine Purpose (legendary ring) a huge part of the current rotation which makes ret so fun to play for me will be missing. I just can't imagine how boring it will be outside of the Crusade window. You can literally spam your 3 abilites until you got enough holy power to cast TV without WoA or DP. If this is the case, I will play my Hunter as my new main.

Deleted
    Blessing of Freedom Places a blessing on a party or raid member, granting immunity to movement impairing and forced movement effects and increasing movement speed by 30% for until cancelled. 15% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 1.5 sec cooldown.
    blessing of freedom seems to have gotten the movement speed buff from pvp talents added in as baseline and also an imnunity to forced movement effects added to it so that is possitive at least.

the 1.5 sec cooldown on it must be a data mining bugg though cant imagine they would do that.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My hope, Ret is taken away from the absolute shitfest that is Colossus Smash gameplay. I stuck to Ret for years since I despised the CS system on Warriors only to have it thrust upon me in a shittier version with Ret Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    blessing of freedom seems to have gotten the movement speed buff from pvp talents added in as baseline and also an imnunity to forced movement effects added to it so that is possitive at least.

the 1.5 sec cooldown on it must be a data mining bugg though cant imagine they would do that.
    Honestly they just do that so it is the same length as GCD and so you don't Fat finger the button and spam it twice by accident. It's been done with many other spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Wake of Ashes a talent and cooldowns of rotational abilities increased??
    Are they on drugs?
    At times the current rotations seems too slow already; if you are not at 31% haste...

I just hope they change these.

Quote Originally Posted by cryfearlol View Post
    Guys, why did not they delete this damn mastery? Let's assume what was in draenor?
    Considering their latest post i'll guess they'll push us even further into the role of:
    Great burst on single target, but lackluster at the rest. Meaning it's not going anywhere. :/
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2018-01-26 at 09:51 AM.