Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Big changes to arms in BfA!

Hey guys! The alpha BfA build has hit the servers and with it come a lot of changes, naturally.
    The awesome news: They are reiterating the playstyle of arms. The patch includes broad changes to its spells and talents, making it more like it used to be. Some things are entirely new though, but they sound exciting anyway!

Now, this is of course alpha, which means that anything you read should just be taken as an indication of which direction they're currently thinking about. All that is likely about to change ten times over. That being said, enjoy the prospect! And let me know what you think.

Changes to existing stuff

• Overpower is now baseline
      [Now also] increases the damage of your next Mortal Strike or Execute by 30%.
    • Tactician now affects Overpower and Mortal Strike instead of Colossus Smash
      You have a 0.75% chance per Rage spent on damaging abilities to reset the remaining cooldown on Overpower and Mortal Strike.
    • Commanding Shout renamed to Rallying Cry

New stuff

• Battle Shout now is the Warriors unique raid buff
      Increases the Strength and Agility of all raid and party members within 100 yards by 5% for 1 hour.
    • Deep Wounds (passive)
      Mortal Strike and Execute inflict Deep Wounds, causing (60% of Attack power) Bleed damage over 3 sec.
    • New Mastery! -- Deep Wounds
      Deep Wounds damage is increased by 8.0%, dealing (60% of Attack power) Bleed damage over 3 sec.
    • Executioner's Precision (passive)
      If your foe survives [Execute], 30% of the Rage spent is refunded. They take 25% more damage from your next Mortal Strike. Stacks up to 2 times.
    • Sweeping Strikes is now baseline and restored to fomer glory
      For 10 sec your Rend, Skullsplitter, Overpower, Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash, Slam, and Execute hit 1 additional target within 8 yds for 100% damage. - 25 second CD
    • Deadly Calm (New Talent)
      Reduces the Rage cost of your abilities by 100% for 10 sec.
    • Dreadnought (New Talent)
      Overpower has 2 charges, and it increases the damage of your next Mortal Strike or Execute by an additional 20%.
    • Mortal Combo (New Talent)
      Mortal Strike increases the damage of your next melee ability by 15%.
    • Skullsplitter (New Talent)
      Bash an enemy's skull, dealing 140% Physical damage. Generates 30 Rage. -- 21 seconds CD
    • Sudden Death (New Talent)
      Your damaging melee abilities have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage, be usable on any target regardless of their health, and deal damage as if you spent 30 Rage.
    • Unbridled Wrath (New Talent)
      Ravager Bladestorm and Whirlwind critical strikes generate 1 Rage.
    • War Machine (New Talent)
      Your auto attacks generate 10% more Rage. Killing an enemy instantly generates 20 Rage, and increases your movement speed by 30% for 15 sec.
    • Warbreaker (New Talent)
      Smash the ground and shatter the armor of all enemies within 8 yds, dealing 250% Physical damage and increasing damage you deal to them by 30% for 10 sec. Replaces Colossus Smash. -- 45 second CD

Removed Stuff

• Battle Cry/Recklessness (now baseline for Fury/Protection only)
    • Shockwave (now baseline for Protection only)
    • Dauntless (Talent)
    • Deadly Calm (Talent, completely reworked)
    • Focused Rage (Talent)
    • In for the Kill (Talent)
    • Mortal Combo (Talent, completely reworked)
    • Opportunity Strikes (Talent)
    • Overpower (Talent, made baseline& reworked)
    • Sweeping Strikes (Talent)
    • Titanic Might (Talent)

Other than that, scaling is obviously all over the place, so I left numbers out where I could. Many talents have been moved around but that's better shown by the talent calculator than by text.
    Last edited by mmocf7ddd4330a; 2018-01-26 at 01:58 PM.

First immediate thoughts are that this looks pretty good.

Not a major fan of pooling rage for CS but I guess that basically just means not using Slam unless you really need to, which is also a bit meh cuz I like pressing my buttons. XP

But happy to see Overpower baseline with a new purpose of buffing, super happy to have EP so Execute isn't just Execute spamming, moreso with Overpower added to the mix, and with the first row of talents having a new button to occasionally press, or our classic Sudden Death, sounds like a nice improvement to Arms, in my book.

Doubt I'll stop being Fury, cuz it's awesome, but happy to look at the current Arms changes and smile with a sense of improvement. ^_^

Deleted
    Personally this feels very good! Overpower goes baseline, changes to our mastery and we get to keep execute ring/artifact ability and Execure MS buff.

It seems that our new damage cooldown will be CS every 45sec. I personally like this because i'm not really a fan of our playstyle atm.

Overall as a playstyle it seems like a nice change.

Deleted
    thankd god they got rid of a fucking CS and it's mastery...

We can finally equip a gear that doesn't have mastery on it

Deleted
    Arms actually starting to look pretty interesting , possible main candidate for me right there

Looks more like MoP arms.

IE: The pinnacle

Could blizzard have finally learned?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

I sure hope so , I loved MoP arms personally.

This looks way better then MoP arms because, as you can see from the changes, Slam isn't every ability combined in the entire game, ever.

I thought i saw shockwave as a baseline level 15 prot only talent? Is arms actually keeping this then?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    [*]Shockwave Sends a wave of force in a frontal cone, causing [*47.5% [*9.97% of Attack Power*] damage and stunning all enemies within 10 yards for until cancelled. Cooldown reduced by 20 sec if it strikes at least 3 targets. Fury Warrior - Level 30 Talent. Instant. 40 sec cooldown. Protection Warrior - Level 15 Talent. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
    Last edited by HavokHeart; 2018-01-26 at 01:43 PM.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    I thought i saw shockwave as a baseline level 15 prot only talent? Is arms actually keeping this then?
    I think I may have misread that. I got the info off wowhead, where it is listed under arms spells.

so during execute = CS - Execute - Execute - OP - OP - MS <--- That MS will be insane beein buffed by both execute and OP ? seems crazy
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Looking at some of the caster changes and they look absolute garbage but this, I'm really ok with.
    Lets hope they can make something out of this. Keeping my hope up at least.

So Colossus Smash is now a cd or?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    So Colossus Smash is now a cd or?
    Looks like it
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    so during execute = CS - Execute - Execute - OP - OP - MS <--- That MS will be insane beein buffed by both execute and OP ? seems crazy
    Basically, minus the second OP as it doesn't state that the dmg buff stacks.

Could very well change, could be how it works but the tooltip isn't updated, but most likely it's not meant to stack.

Otherwise yes, that would be a 130% dmg buff for dear ol' Mortal Strike. XD
    Last edited by Wishblade; 2018-01-26 at 04:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh jeez I'm so happy deep wounds is back. Now heroic strike and hnggggg

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard making arms not feel like shit to play? Am I dreaming?

It sure does read very interesting.

Definitely going to reserve getting hyped at all till things are concrete though.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

nothing like mop.. no banners, no shockwave, no mass spell reflection/safeguard.. and lots of other stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Basically, minus the second OP as it doesn't state that the dmg buff stacks.

Could very well change, could be how it works but the tooltip isn't updated, but most likely it's not meant to stack.

Otherwise yes, that would be a 180% dmg buff for dear ol' Mortal Strike. XD
    Artifact traits on live stacks for MS to do absurd damage in execute windov...

I can see this would stack too to make execute rotation feel less spamy