Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    About the cc/utility... a lot of classes got "nerfed".

For example shaman are the only one with bl/heroism now. (which is totally dumb but let's move on lol).
    Lies: http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=80353/time-warp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    having to a dps talent on a movement row
    San'layn no longer increases damage, just VEmbrace healing.

sw:d as a talent is a joke.. it should be baseline for ALL the specs

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yeah I see. Well, I guess now the issue at least is only that it's a completely garbage talent that will never see use.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post

- - - Updated - - -

my bad. it isn't shown on the wowhead bfa talent calculator and spell lists.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Ah yeah I see. Well, I guess now the issue at least is only that it's a completely garbage talent that will never see use.
    1min15sec cooldown a +25% healing for Vampiric Embrace seems pretty strong to me, it will essentially depend on the numbers then (how much we dps and how much healers are healing), we'll see this very late, but I'm sure that will be very nice, at least for self-healing purposes.
    It will clearly be picked on low-movement fights where Mania or Body & Soul would be wasted.

Something I'm a bit afraid of after looking at the BfA Wowhead : Dispersion will really stay at 2min cooldown with 60% reduction without the healing from the Artifact ? That's awesomely sad

Woah, I didn't think it was possible to make shadow that much worse, I'm being proven wrong. I hope they redesign everything, because so far it's really bad. Tough luck I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do these changes make me more frustrated rather than more relieved or happy?

Let's start with the talents
    Lvl 15 good start with taking ToF out. SWV is actually pretty good for leveling in dungeons right now, but that's speaking current wow, with VErup's dmg nerf Shadowy insight is going to be king for it's dmg insanity and mobility. SW:V is basically the same thing as Shadowy insight cept you're sacrificing mobility for more insanity generation. FotM is as passive any talent is ever going to get. Anything to make sure the devs have it easy.

Lvl 30 Mania will be too varied to be effective. What it REALLY should be is having VF gives 1 charge of Mania and each charge gives you 2s of freecasting w/ increased speed, off the gcd.
    Body and soul DOES NOT play right with shadow, thematically. But I'm bias, can't stand the talent for what it is. It isn't shadowy/void enough.
    Sanlayn is fine, better than masochism. And glad it's early in the tree 'cuz for real, we're not healers to have more than 1 talent affect our healing.

Lvl 45 Dark Void is def in the right direction and this row should be dedicated to Void Eruption (wishful thinking). It's weird that it competes with Misery as they are pretty similar. They will have their niche. VLord for shorter fights Misery everything else.
    SWD; has to be the 1 most frustrating change in everything that I've seen so far. Let's take an iconic ability that We've had baseline for YEARS! and make it into a talent. Are you kidding me? Reaper of souls fits perfectly for the role of single target yet now I gotta compete with DOT applicator talents? What in the actual f****** b*******!! Too much man

Lvl 60 This row is actually pretty dope. But what gets me is the devs will go out of the way to say, oh we gotta make rows compete with different types of options, but let's add this row and a few others that makes perfect sense. What!?. Why bother even saying it. /sigh, For real tho, every row should make sense somehow even with something odd just not have a random ass talent in it for the fuck of it.

Lvl 75. At least ToF is competing with 2 worthless ass talents amarite you guys? Lol, eh? *crickets*. Seriously, what's the point of having ToF as a talent when it's always (for YEARS! Ma dude) the strongest go to talent? Even SWD make sense here (dont get any ideas, make swd baseline like it should be) take ToF out the game! Or bake it into Shadow/void forms.

Lvl 90 Is ok. I'm glad I still have the option to make my rotation feel smoother LI but it sucks that it competes with 2 good choices.

Lvl 100 I like the new LotV and omg FINALLY StM is looking more attractive! I actually wouldn't mind using this version of it. Sucks it only lasts 1 min though.
    Oh, hey wait! we have Void Torrent in the middle and it does the same damage as 1 SWD cast on a 1 min cd and it competes with 2 massive talents. This ability isn't lvl 100 worthy. It should replace SWD and have something else take it's place.

Leap of Faith baseline awesome, I just hope I don't get 2 super white wings come out when using it as I'm a SHADOW PRIEST.

Mind Sear is dope and no swp to make it work? Yes please.

Hopefully in the coming months we'll see tweaks and changes that make sense for the class and not hear some bullshit excuse that it's "expensive". We gotta start early and they have to take feedback more serious this time. Last beta we had we was all huffing and puffing from the gate yet very little changes occurred but had numerous changes throughout the expansion that we had already spoke about in beta.

Ok I'm done lol.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2018-01-26 at 01:36 PM.

Bleh, I was really hoping they would ditch this whole Voidform crap. It's fun against raid bosses, but is utterly obnoxious for anything else.

The entire set up is dumb. They don't want us switching talents per fight yet they put swd and an aoe on the same fucking line. Also why is swd a talent now? They run out of ideas so you have to take something from the base spec and move it to the talent? And why is there a damage increasing talent on the movement increase line wtf

All in all the rotation got stupid with torrent and swd now talents and not baseline and nothing to replace them and utility is gutted
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    And why is there a damage increasing talent on the movement increase line wtf
    New Sanlayn. It increases healing and decreases the CD of Vampiric Embrace.

People complaining about talents in Alpha. Get out.

Also MIND SEAR IS BACK. That's a huge welcomed change.

Some okay new talents, but the overall tree is still a huge mess, atleast lingering insanity is baseline which is an essential part of the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post

So people aren't allowed to complain about Alpha changes they don't like, but you're allowed to get excited about Alpha changes that you do like?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Some okay new talents, but the overall tree is still a huge mess, atleast lingering insanity is baseline which is an essential part of the spec.
    It isn't, and it's now competing with mindbender.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    New Sanlayn. It increases healing and decreases the CD of Vampiric Embrace.
    that's just as stupid. When movement is not a problem pick Sanlayn - otherwise pick a movement skill. People will still be picking talents based on the fight because blizzard can't get their heads out of their asses.

- - - Updated - - -

These "alpha" changes could have just been a patch change.

It's the same talent tree we have had for half a decade now. Blizzard can't say "we want players to pick talents based on playstyle not the best for a fight" and then royally fuck it up.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I was looking at the mmo-c talent tree. Rip

We are allowed to complain about the overall orientation.

And the overall orientation is now having at least 2 buttons less than today (void torrent and mindbender will have a hard time competing with surrender and lingering insanity), 3 if you decide to pick Dark Void or Misery (for fights where Shadow Priest are usually the best, aka fights with adds).

Ah, and Shadow Crash isn't even an option, it cannot compete with Twist of Fate. At all. You need to have lots of adds to justify taking Shadow Crash, but in these situations, Twist of Fate will be way, way over it. And if the adds have tons of HPs, then Auspicious Spirits is also above. What's the point ?

Edit : And we're losing the last utility a Shadow Priest could eventually be preferred upon an Afflock or Balance druid for. Mass Dispell with 45sec cooldown is not far from a complete removal.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-01-26 at 03:03 PM.

Seems like they intend us on casting dots every so often instead of fire and forget

15+ Year Old Account
    Auspicious spirits and Shadow Crash are new Shadow Word Void and Fortress of the mind. I don't see a single situation where one of them can outweight Twist of Fate.

Looks like shit actualy. Things are all over the place with no purpose. Whatever...
    And for example, surv-hunter and WW-monk looks amazing as fuck.