Thread: Missing Argus

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Missing Argus

As I was doing my routine local quests run I accidently noticed that Argus planet has disappeared. What remains in its place is this:

Care to explain, anyone?
    Before someone barges in and starts babbling about 'portal to Argus that was recently closed': just don't. There was no portal, there was Argus that was moved right next to Azeroth, ignoring all laws of physics and baseline logic, and multiple cinematics prove this. Anyway, it matters not. Argus is now missing. Why?

Deleted
    There is a cinematic after killing Argus the Unmaker in Antorus. Now that all LFR wings are open, maybe the game just assumes that everyone has done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The portal closed up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post
    As I was doing my routine local quests run I accidently noticed that Argus planet has disappeared. What remains in its place is this:

Care to explain, anyone?
    Before someone barges in and starts babbling about 'portal to Argus that was recently closed': just don't. There was no portal, there was Argus that was moved right next to Azeroth, ignoring all laws of physics and baseline logic, and multiple cinematics prove this. Anyway, it matters not. Argus is now missing. Why?
    You don't know how the skybox changed, but you feel your opinion in the portal to Argus is valid. ok guy
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

If you want to ignore the proper answer and want an alternative fact instead, I don't know what to tell you man. It WAS a portal.

There was no portal
    You seek answers and yet you refute the actual answer. #logic

We killed it.

Another skybox related question: where is the Vindicar after we killed Argus? Can't see any known planet or moon, just some seemingly old god infested planetoids when I stand on it's bridge.

Care to explain, anyone?
    If "portals close" isn't the answer you're looking for then... It disappeared cause the gravitational pull of Illidan Stormrage is no longer on Azeroth. He be cruising the skies and who knows if the planet Argus is keeping him company or if he ditched it halfway to something more interesting.

It's also something Blizz said they'd do when Antorus was complete, removing the Argus sky box that is.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

There was no portal in any of them, we just flew there, as we flew back to Azeroth. So people really fail to watch these cinematics properly. I see. Duly noted, case closed.

There was no portal in any of them, we just flew there, as we flew back to Azeroth. So people really fail to watch these cinematics properly. I see. Duly noted, case closed.
    Get a life, dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can see Illidan open the portal. You can see the faint blue outline of the portal. Yes the case is closed but you didn't win.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Care to explain, anyone?
    The portal? It's closed.

Someone hasn't played Legion.

Look up the Sargerite Keystone, look at what it does, rewatch the 7.2 Cinematic, then rewatch the 7.3.5 Antorus end Cinematic. Then, after you do all of that, you'll be able to realize that...well...

IT WAS A PORTAL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can see Illidan open the portal. You can see the faint blue outline of the portal. Yes the case is closed but you didn't win.
    Always thought the Portal itself had a Red outline. But...okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    We killed it.

Another skybox related question: where is the Vindicar after we killed Argus? Can't see any known planet or moon, just some seemingly old god infested planetoids when I stand on it's bridge.
    To give us a neat look at Space, that's all.

In the Lightforged Draenei starting are, you see the Vindicaar above Azeroth.

If we want to get technical it was a rift that bent space, neither planet was actually moved. We see a similar rift in the final Nighthold cinematic. We saw Illidan opening this one in the final ToS cinematic. And we see the rift closing in the final Antorus cinematic while Velen and Khadgar are looking straight into it.
    The star now is the Vindicaar.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    Portal. Closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, Illidan opend up a shortcut and that shortcut is now closed. See no portal involved, you are now happy and can now cuddle with your pillow and sleep tight.

Or read what @Trumpcat wrote.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously never completed the Tomb of Sargeras raid for if you did you would have seen the cinematic, with Illdan using the Sargerite Keystone to rip open a tear in space / time or in Warcraft terms (he opens a bloody big portal) between Argus and Azeroth after you defeat Kil'Jaeden at the end of The Tomb of Sargeras raid.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-01-26 at 03:43 PM.

I mean..if you can't comprehend how portals or gateways work..then..that's on you.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    7.3.5 hit, which was the closing chapter for Sargeras. Watch the cinematic, you'll learn.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..