Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If they wanna do a ranged/melee hybrid with SV, I hope they look at the Red Mage in FFXIV to see how to correctly implement a hybrid range class. The Red Mage is probably the most fun I've had dpsing in an MMO ever.

Quote Originally Posted by khair View Post
    I was really hoping for something more done with BM. Hopefully it will see some changes, maybe its not too late.
    This is the first build of the Alpha tons of things will change.

so far this looks better than shitty vulnerable but will have to see how it plays first.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    If they wanna do a ranged/melee hybrid with SV, I hope they look at the Red Mage in FFXIV to see how to correctly implement a hybrid range class. The Red Mage is probably the most fun I've had dpsing in an MMO ever.
    It's the worst class design in any mmo.

Play ranged... then go back in melee do a 3 button combo and go back in range.

Oh don't forget the "black" and "white" magics have nothing different about them but their animation.

You can always end up with finishing with the big holy nuke over and over and nothing changes.

Also about the "will we carry a bow ?" NO. It'll work just like it does for Outlaw ROGUES : you pull out a bow/gun/whatever but you don't have to equip one.

Homophobia is so gay.

I'm really hoping that they won't make MM worse than it currently is.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they managed, somehow, to pull that off.
    SV won't interest me until it becomes ranged again.

The only real nuance survival seems to have in this BFA build is "don't overflow on focus". And maybe "when you're trying to aoe, make sure to throw wildfire at whatever will live the longest, because your only aoe will end early if the primary target dies".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    The only real nuance survival seems to have in this BFA build is "don't overflow on focus". And maybe "when you're trying to aoe, make sure to throw wildfire at whatever will live the longest, because your only aoe will end early if the primary target dies".
    It's literally BM Hunter re-pasted.

Kill command on cooldown.
    Use filler attack to stop focus.
    Braindead Mastery
    "Here are some cool toys but whoops they're actually fucking useless" Talents.

Literally all they needed to do for survival was to buff the duration of Lacerate and remove traps from the rotation, Instead they literally butchered the spec down to nothing.

I am curious about how the "ranged/melee hybrid" would work. Certainly sounds cool on paper, but in practice I can only imagine people shooting at melee range for the lols, unless their ranged attacks require a certain distance like in the good old days. Then I could see a potentially interesting rotation requiring lots of harpooning and disengaging. *shrugs* certainly looking forward to see what the change shapes up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    It's literally BM Hunter re-pasted.

Kill command on cooldown.
    Use filler attack to stop focus.
    Braindead Mastery
    "Here are some cool toys but whoops they're actually fucking useless" Talents.

Literally all they needed to do for survival was to buff the duration of Lacerate and remove traps from the rotation, Instead they literally butchered the spec down to nothing.
    Ayup, it is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

Also about the "will we carry a bow ?" NO. It'll work just like it does for Outlaw ROGUES : you pull out a bow/gun/whatever but you don't have to equip one.
    Do we know this for a fact? I mean, it's as good a guess as any, perhaps even more likely than the others given that outlaw is the only other melee/"ranged" spec we have atm, but who knows. Personally, I'd rather use a generic polearm than a generic bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Ayup, it is pathetic.
    Oh but don't worry, you can sort of force the old style with talents.

Which are fucking horrible.

If there is one passive for survival that we must harass Blizzard about seeing carry over from legion, is HARPOON COOLDOWN RESETING ON TARGET KILL. Don't let this one slip by. It's one of the best things survival has going for it in terms of quality of life and fun feel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Do we know this for a fact? I mean, it's as good a guess as any, perhaps even more likely than the others given that outlaw is the only other melee/"ranged" spec we have atm, but who knows. Personally, I'd rather use a generic polearm than a generic bow
    I'd rather Survival was a dedicated Melee spec, not wasting half of it's development trying to placate the whining masses who want every single Hunter spec to be exactly the same.

They should have done a single talent

"Headhunting:- increase the range of all your spells and auto attacks to 25 yards"

There, thematic and useful and doesn't get in the way of literally everything else. Instead, it has.

I really like where they are going with MM. Seems like they are finally making the skills and talents work together, instead of just being another button to push, aside from a few that I think they will still change. But general positivity towards it all. Although I’m leery about no black arrow, for leveling and undead hunter rp.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vulnerability is still there.

If you read Hunters Mark and Marked Shot. Marked Shot puts up Vulnerability that stacks upto 3 times doing +25% per stack. What is gone is the increasing value per second.

Looking at it we have:

Moving Shots
    Steady Shot (Physical, +10 Focus, 37% weapon damage)
    Quick Shot (Physical, -15 focus, 37% weapon damage)
    Multi-shot (Physical, -25 focus, 51% weapon damage to 5 targets)
    Rapid Fire (Physical, +3 focus x 9 shots, 11% weapon damage every .33 seconds for 3 seconds)
    Marked Shot(Physical, -30 focus, 250% weapon damage modified by vulnerability, only fired at Hunters Mark, Puts up vulnerability 25% per stack (Max 3 stacks))

Non-Moving Shots
    Aimed Shot (Physical, -50 focus, 215% weapon damage modified by Vulnerability, 12s CD, 2 charges)
    Last edited by Youn; 2018-01-26 at 04:59 PM.

I know the patch notes on the front page are to be taken with a grain of salt, but....

They claim aim shot doesn't have charges and is instant.

But that talent calculator says what people in this thread have been saying.

Just confusing.

*Edit*
    Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals [*425% [*275% of weapon damage * mult*] Physical damage. Damage increased by 50% against a target you have not yet damaged. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 50 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant.0.5 sec cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Vulnerability is still there.

If you read Hunters Mark and Marked Shot. Marked Shot puts up Vulnerability that stacks upto 3 times doing +25% per stack. What is gone is the increasing value per second.

Looking at it we have:

Moving Shots
    Steady Shot (Physical, +10 Focus, 37% weapon damage)
    Quick Shot (Physical, -15 focus, 37% weapon damage)
    Multi-shot (Physical, -25 focus, 51% weapon damage to 5 targets)
    Rapid Fire (Physical, +3 focus x 9 shots, 11% weapon damage every .33 seconds for 3 seconds)
    Marked Shot(Physical, -30 focus, 250% weapon damage, only fired at Hunters Mark, Puts up vulnerability 25% per stack (Max 3 stacks))

Non-Moving Shots
    Aimed Shot (Physical, -50 focus, 215% weapon damage modified by Vulnerability, 12s CD, 2 charges)
    Marked Shot is only left in as a relic from legion, they don't always scrub during the start of an alpha. Hunter's mark has changed to a cd, arcane shot is gone and replaced with steady shot and thus no way to even apply the debuff to even marked shot

MM still can't summon pet when needed. Why it's so hard to make Lone Wolf work like it did in WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    MM still can't summon pet when needed. Why it's so hard to make Lone Wolf work like it did in WoD?
    "Class Fantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Because we get another expansion of a literally redundant talent tier just because people don't want to swap specs to have their pet tank for them when needed. In legion there was at least the justification of not having a leveled up artifact weapon for the spec with a pet if your main was MM. BFA, no artifact weapons, so if you really want a pet to tank for you just swap specs for your questing.