Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Why do the male Zandalari get to escape the horrendous troll back toe nail and female Zandalari don't?
    Women love pedicures?

10+ Year Old Account
    When I'm in raids or dungeons, I'm very zoomed out. But some people like to zoom in and actually see their characters when in cities or just questing.
    I've never been a fan of first person views myself, prefer 3rd so I can see more of my surroundings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I've never been a fan of first person views myself, prefer 3rd so I can see more of my surroundings.
    More zoomed in does not mean first person.. You wouldn't be able to see your character that way lol. It's more like max zoom out distance vs more towards the middle of the range. Not all the way into first person.

that's just their body. i don't see an issue with it.

troll females have three toes, the males have two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's just their body. i don't see an issue with it.

troll females have three toes, the males have two.
    Darkspear male/female have the same number of toes. They both have the back one. Zandalari male is the only different one, and it'd be nice if Zandalari female trolls could lose that toe too lol.

Darkspear male/female have the same number of toes. They both have the back one. Zandalari male is the only different one, and it'd be nice if Zandalari female trolls could lose that toe too lol.
    hmmm, that would be good i guess. show some evolutionary change.

jungle trolls developed a third toe for gripping jungle tree roots and stuff better, forest and frost trolls are big and bulky for better cold resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    hmmm, that would be good i guess. show some evolutionary change.

jungle trolls developed a third toe for gripping jungle tree roots and stuff better, forest and frost trolls are big and bulky for better cold resistance.
    Except, both forest trolls and ice trolls have them as well. In fact, everyone does except for male Zandalari.

I did some looking into it a while ago and decided to look at unique models as well, here's what I found:

• Zul'jin (Forest troll)(TBC) - Yes
    • Zul'jin (Forest troll)(Heroes of the Storm) - No
    • Kazra'jin (Forest troll)(MoP) - No
    • Frost King Malakk (Ice troll)(MoP) - Yes
    • Sul the Sandcrawler (Sand troll)(MoP) - No
    • High Priestess Mar'li (Jungle troll)(MoP) - Yes
    • Vol'jin (Jungle troll)(MoP) - Yes
    • King Rastakhan (Zandalari)(BfA) - No
    • Princess Talanji (Zandalari)(BfA) - Yes

Conclusion? Not even Blizzard knows. As per usual. xd

10+ Year Old Account
    More zoomed in does not mean first person.. You wouldn't be able to see your character that way lol. It's more like max zoom out distance vs more towards the middle of the range. Not all the way into first person.
    You can zoom all the way in in WoW...even logged into check in case I was thinking of the wrong mmo or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by War-God Zajru View Post
    Conclusion? Not even Blizzard knows. As per usual. xd
    Geez. That's a lot of inconsistencies, but it does seem to all stem from the ToT models being different.
    And then there's HotS lol. It seems like when they're making new models they leave it off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    You can zoom all the way in in WoW...even logged into check in case I was thinking of the wrong mmo or something.
    That's not at all what I was talking about? I said I zoom in a little bit in cities and questing, but I definitely don't go into first person. I didn't say you couldn't, just that I don't.

I think they are still in WIP and will eventually be fixed before BfA. Even though that alot of wow races have some extreme sexual dimorphism, this is something that both races should have or not have. Just-.. stupid else if they leave it like that. Sadly though, they might just add the extra toe to the males and keep the horrendous back toe on the female.

At least the Zandalari females have a pretty face! *Looks at female worgen* HRRRNNNNNGGG-...
    C'mon Blizzard fix it them already.

7+ Year Old Account
    The whole back toe nail with trolls is weird

90% of the time I just forget it's there
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The whole back toe nail with trolls is weird

90% of the time I just forget it's there
    Trolls are a semi-arboreal race, extremely proficient at climbing. The back toe is probably a literal toe that helps them grip.

Someone must demand the Zandalari males receive their proper back toe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    I think they are still in WIP and will eventually be fixed before BfA. Even though that alot of wow races have some extreme sexual dimorphism, this is something that both races should have or not have. Just-.. stupid else if they leave it like that. Sadly though, they might just add the extra toe to the males and keep the horrendous back toe on the female.

At least the Zandalari females have a pretty face! *Looks at female worgen* HRRRNNNNNGGG-...
    C'mon Blizzard fix it them already.
    I'm actually really thinking that they won't fix it. And it sucks because I might just make a male troll instead, but come on. I wanna be excited for my allied race, not thinking "maybe I'll just make a dude instead."

I'm actually really thinking that they won't fix it. And it sucks because I might just make a male troll instead, but come on. I wanna be excited for my allied race, not thinking "maybe I'll just make a dude instead."
    Oh come on. The ankle toe is great, a part of the race's unique anatomy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's the first day of data mining and Alpha in top of that.
    Maybe they will fix it or change it.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Oh come on. The ankle toe is great, a part of the race's unique anatomy.
    You are totally fine to like it. If blizzard wants Zandalari to have it, okay. But why make it different between the genders? Either add it to the male or remove it from the female.

You are totally fine to like it. If blizzard wants Zandalari to have it, okay. But why make it different between the genders? Either add it to the male or remove it from the female.
    It's because of their starting point with the models. It seems they forgot about the back toe back in Mists, and that was the starting point for their current Zandalar male. The female is based on the current Troll female, which has the toe.

So, someone has to point out to them that they forgot the toe on the males.

Well, keep poking them on the forums and point out about it and hopefully they will take it to the heart. Although, I would recommend to not keep your hopes up sadly. :C And else I mean, the model itself looks BEAUTIFUL! Her face and hair! I definitely gonna make a female Zandalari. Again, it ain't her face after all, she ain't like a chihuauha werewolf in the face xP But keep pushing it! Hopefully they will take notice of it! And as I said before, it does look really stupid and hopefully Blizzard are more professional then we think they are-... lately though they just keep giving me doubts about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not at all what I was talking about? I said I zoom in a little bit in cities and questing, but I definitely don't go into first person. I didn't say you couldn't, just that I don't.
    I said I don't like first person, a.k.a. I don't zoom in all the way, and you said more zoomed in doesn't make it first person...kinda came off sounding like you were saying you can't do true first person