Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Op is one of those 6 or 7 people that liked or at least kinda liked survival in legion. Sees some early alpha changes and is freaking out even though most people are some what happy about the early changes. You aren’t going to convince anyone man it’s done. Survival in legion didn’t work there’s nothing you can say to disprove that. Just because you are in the vast majority that likes a terrible spec doesn’t mean it was good or should stay. You are the one that is crying, the spec is still staying melee should be happy about that. Just simmer down it’s early. Can’t be much worse than the disaster it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Which all thematically work exactly the same, with no distinct visual play-style difference.

Unlike between say Fury and Arms, where one uses two weapons and one uses a single weapon. Now I know you Ranged Nostalgia dumbasses don't care for spec fantasy, but to me that's the only thing drawing me to Hunters.

Trying to use Realism and say "Not all classes are like their heroes" is redundant. We have the Entire Mok'Nathal Clan, the Thunder Lord Clan, Frostwolf Clan and countless other representations of "Melee Hunters"
    still comes down with jab them with pointy object derp..... now how many classes jab with pointy objects compare to shot with some ranged type weapon, is it even worth counting?

Spec fantasy (god that statement has meant jack shit since it first came out in legion) even that last release from them talked about it again which can't bode well at all seeing how well class design went in legion.

ya and we have dark rangers too don't see many of them running around (although SV could have been seen as the closest), you want melee hunters bitch for a new class not butcher one that was out and working (and popular). (fairly sure it would end up being the king of the least played classes though because it's a dumb ass idea)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Every melee spec in the game is just "whack the enemy with a stick".
    Alright.

Arms - Whack with stick you are a master of whacking with
    Fury - Whack with two sticks very angrily
    Brewmaster - Drunkenly whack with stick.
    Windwalker - Whack with fists.
    Enhancement - What with Stick that enchanted with fire
    Subtlety - Whack with stick from behind
    Assassination - Whack with stick to the throat
    Outlaw - Whack with stick, shoot with gun
    Unholy - Whack with shit on a stick and a ghoul
    Frost - Hit with two small frozen sticks.

What was the identity of Survival then.

Also you sound like a rampant pathetic bitch, making excuses for why you're whining about nostalgia.
    SV was a more dot and slow wear down spec and MM was a try and blow up spec (anyone with a IQ above 5 knew that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    still comes down with jab them with pointy object derp..... now how many classes jab with pointy objects compare to shot with some ranged type weapon, is it even worth counting?

Spec fantasy (god that statement has meant jack shit since it first came out in legion) even that last release from them talked about it again which can't bode well at all seeing how well class design went in legion.

ya and we have dark rangers too don't see many of them running around (although SV could have been seen as the closest), you want melee hunters bitch for a new class not butcher one that was out and working (and popular). (fairly sure it would end up being the king of the least played classes though because it's a dumb ass idea)
    So your saying in order to have the classical melee Hunter in WoW we should have had an entire new class instead of retrofitting a redundant spec whose biggest claim to fame was and always will be "Was better than MM at the time"

Alright.

what about the new class that came out they whack too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Blizzard should've doubled down on the melee survival aspect, not botch it so completely. It is truly disappointing to me (which I guess is a trend for Bazeroth)
    Why should they double down on such a failed idea.

So it was MM then.
    No, because MM did not augment its shots with magic/poisons. MM was the focused sniper: less mobile and slower as it lined up its shots, but harder-hitting. Basically the ranged weapon user that played like a caster.

You sound like someone who thinks anything other than running up and whacking the enemy with a stick is the same thing and every class should be partitioned out to your particular tastes. Classy.

Deleted
    SV was a more dot and slow wear down spec and MM was a try and blow up spec (anyone with a IQ above 5 knew that)
    Literally the same fucking thing thematically. Plink Arrows until it dies. There was little thematic difference between a MM and Survival hunter.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You liked it, most people didn't. Go cry somewhere else.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Why should they double down on such a failed idea.

No, because MM did not augment its shots with magic/poisons. MM was the focused sniper: less mobile and slower as it lined up its shots, but harder-hitting. Basically the ranged weapon user that played like a caster.

You sound like someone who thinks anything other than running up and whacking the enemy with a stick is the same thing and every class should be partitioned out to your particular tastes. Classy.
    I think autistic people like you need to realize some of us don't really enjoy every spec being the same thing.

So your saying in order to have the classical melee Hunter in WoW we should have had an entire new class instead of retrofitting a redundant spec whose biggest claim to fame was and always will be "Was better than MM at the time"
    no we should not have had the dam thing at all (just said you can ask for it but it's dumb idea) and with all the Whack with stick classes it's even more redundant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    You liked it, most people didn't. Go cry somewhere else.
    "Most" people are stupid though, I don't listen to redundant logic.

Alright.

Marksman: Shoot it with a perfect bullseye shot
    Survival: Shoot it with a shot that explodes/poisons

Explain to me how that is any less distinct than, say, Arms/Fury.

Deleted
    no we should not have had the dam thing at all (just said you can ask for it but it's dumb idea) and with all the Whack with stick classes it's even more redundant.
    So you have no actual argument.

Literally the same fucking thing thematically. Plink Arrows until it dies. There was little thematic difference between a MM and Survival hunter.
    lol right if you can't see how kiting and such worked and the difference how how fast you took someone or thing down playing any ranged class would be an issue for you.

Deleted
    Marksman: Shoot it with a perfect bullseye shot
    Survival: Shoot it with a shot that explodes/poisons

Explain to me how that is any less distinct than, say, Arms/Fury.
    Apart from the end graphic on the boss, literally exactly the same.

I think autistic people like you need to realize some of us don't really enjoy every spec being the same thing.
    I am actually autistic and I take this as a point of pride because you are getting your ass kicked in this thread.

Deleted
    lol right if you can't see how kiting and such worked and the difference how how fast you took someone or thing down playing any ranged class would be an issue for you.
    I don't care about kiting or Ranged.

We have two ranged specs still.

So you have no actual argument.
    nope I think you're the one with no argument and the prof is how rare the spec is played, I think I nailed it. (but I knew the outcome of how popular SV would be before legion dropped it was a given.)

I don't care about kiting or Ranged.

We have two ranged specs still.
    We don't care about melee. See how this works?