Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    why woud you play a melee spec when the class got 2 better range specs ?
    i loved the old survival but i was forced on beastmaster :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    why woud you play a melee spec when the class got 2 better range specs ?
    i loved the old survival but i was forced on beastmaster :/
    Why play a Hunter when literally every other ranged class is better?

That is your redundant logic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    You opened the thread with the very answer to your dilemma.

Yes, that's why we hate SV.
    You hate SV because you are nostalgic for a spec that previously had no identity was only ever played because MM was boring or lacked damage and was not missed at all expect by people who "Wanted to move and shoot"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    The hate for sv comes from taking the most popular spec in the game and making it melee in a class that self-selected to be people who primarily like being ranged because that's all the class was for almost twelve years. Add in the fact that it's an overcomplicated mess with it being impossible to have enough GCDs to do everything that needs to be done and of course it has been a complete and total failure. There was no way it was going to not be a failure, especially with another melee spec with a much better feel added at the same time, but the mess of the spec didn't help. It could have been made playable if some things had been cut out from the dot, two traps, and Way of the Mok'nathal all needing to be maintained, but I don't think it would have improved its popularity.
    Jesus, ANOTHER Stupid person.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    You opened the thread with the very answer to your dilemma.

Yes, that's why we hate SV.
    That's not the only hate I've seen on the spec since it was announced/released.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think they're fun. Not a big fan of my pet though. They don't really do much. I mean, you've got Flanking Strike but that's it. Maybe it would be a little more enjoyable if the pet was more involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I think they're fun. Not a big fan of my pet though. They don't really do much. I mean, you've got Flanking Strike but that's it. Maybe it would be a little more enjoyable if the pet was more involved.
    Good valid criticism. I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    "Why isn't this game realistic"

Let me explain this then. Why do warriors exist?

Why isn't everyone a mage?
    because cast time and cloth aren't the greatest defense. Heroic throw or thrown weapon would've been overpowered in real life you just need a solid hit also magic resistance is a real thing.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Heroic throw or thrown weapon would've been overpowered in real life
    They are a thing irl you know, and they aren't exactly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    No they wouldn't, throwing weapons aren't exactly amazing irl.
    Throwning knifes and bows are they can pierce watermelons which is about as dense as skull which is all you'd honestly need. Throwing a two hander probably wouldn't be very effective but guns are an option as well.

Throwning knifes and bows are they can pierce watermelons which is about as dense as skull which is all you'd honestly need. Throwing a two hander probably wouldn't be very effective but guns are an option as well.
    Good lord, you're joking right? Water melons? That's like a meme for the historical martial art guys.

It's not that they can't cut things that's the problem eighter, you can make throwing weapons that cut just fine.
    It should be rather obvious what their problems are...
    Last edited by glowzone; 2018-01-26 at 07:58 PM.

Good lord, you're joking right? Water melons? That's like a meme among the historical martial art guys.

It's not that they can't cut things eighter, you can make throwing weapons that cut just fine.
    Well guns would still be op at least in wow.

Well guns would still be op at least in wow.
    I don't see what that has to do with throwing weapons..

I don't see what that has to do with throwing weapons..

Guns were in my original post and I was talking to a guy that said why do warrior exist.

Deleted

Guns were in my original post and I was talking to a guy that said why do warrior exist.
    Guns which are weaker than fireballs. Which is my entirely point. You don't need anything when mages make the realism angle redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Why play a Hunter when literally every other ranged class is better?

That is your redundant logic

- - - Updated - - -

You hate SV because you are nostalgic for a spec that previously had no identity was only ever played because MM was boring or lacked damage and was not missed at all expect by people who "Wanted to move and shoot"

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus, ANOTHER Stupid person.
    You asked why. I told you why. It's not stupid to point out that hunters had self-selected to be players that prefer range. It's a fact. Someone who wanted to play melee had already gone to a different class years ago, because all hunter specs were ranged. People who prefer ranged do not want to play melee. Survival was in fact a very popular spec prior to WoD, when they deliberately gimped it. It was not identical to MM, it had a very nice flow, and it was fun.

If you want to talk stupid, we could bring up people like you who keep bleating the the tired old false meme that all the specs were identical prior to Legion. It's simply not true except if you talk in the most vague terms, which makes most classes have identical specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    You asked why. I told you why. It's not stupid to point out that hunters had self-selected to be players that prefer range. It's a fact. Someone who wanted to play melee had already gone to a different class years ago, because all hunter specs were ranged. People who prefer ranged do not want to play melee. Survival was in fact a very popular spec prior to WoD, when they deliberately gimped it. It was not identical to MM, it had a very nice flow, and it was fun.

If you want to talk stupid, we could bring up people like you who keep bleating the the tired old false meme that all the specs were identical prior to Legion. It's simply not true except if you talk in the most vague terms, which makes most classes have identical specs.
    I played Survival during WoD and during MoP, Hell I was playing Survival back in TBC ( Dedicated Agility bitch ) And even had it for Vanilla until I was told I did no damage through a damage meter.

I do not care about people who liked it during WoD or during MoP. Want to know why? Because The reason they liked it is it was easier and more mobile than MM. That's it.

Thematically, it was literally Identical, It was about firing x flavor of shots at the target while your pet afk attacked or buffed you. The only difference was Survival had two dots instead of one and it had a "Dot" you didn't want to overlap during LnL.

I enjoyed it better than MM sure, but I enjoy Melee Survival because it feels like an actual Hunter, all the mechanics are rather clunky, but I see a good spec under here. Now Blizzard want to abandon that because dumb-asses got scared of the spec.

because they just got used to something and are now too stuck up to get over it , that's why they hate survival imo

a hunter is not merely a marksman carefully aiming from the distance, there's a certain brutality to the class that old specs failed to represent

hunter has a ferocious, animalistic side and melee depicts it all too well

as for the ranged vs melee issues it's mostly irrelevant to the topic

ps: btw 3 different ranged specs cannot be justified for hunter, so you can pick between an awsome shooter with a pet, a shooter with an awsome pet and a shooter with a pet and some added damage types on his arrows?... come on it's almost material for a joke...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    because they just got used to something and are now too stuck up to get over it , that's why they hate survival imo

a hunter is not merely a marksman carefully aiming from the distance, there's a certain brutality to the class that old specs failed to represent

hunter has a ferocious, animalistic side and melee depicts it all too well

as for the ranged vs melee issues it's mostly irrelevant to the topic
    Exactly! Exactly my point.

I have absolutely nothing wrong with the people that play Survival, my problem is with the spec itself and the backwards reasoning behind making IT the “melee spec” over BM. They had to come up with an entirely new spec and playstyle for SV which had a niche in the “magic damage hunter spec” instead of changing Cobra Shot to Cobra Strike, giving it a melee maximum range and changing absolutely nothing else about BM’s rotation to fit the Rexxar fantasy they wanted. Instead they ruined one of my favorite specs in the game to give birth to what I consider to be the most unplayable piece of absolute trash that is the current Survival rotation that doesn’t even seem to work WITH ITSELF.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Its really simple as to why i hate Melee survival its cause when i finally decided to roll a hunter in like mid TBCish.
    I fell in love with the class and its three ranged dps specs and i enjoyed all of them to some degree.
    I personally cant fucking stand being a melee dps it just sucks to play outside of solo content.

Making a class that has been all out ranged for over ten years suddenly only have two ranged and one melee spec just feels unnecessary.
    No one has asked for a hunter melee spec except for maybe early/mid classic they could just have remade SV.
    To have it own more unique play style but still be a ranged dps.

I still love my hunter but i now have to fear that if blizzard some how absolutely fucks up both MM and BM.
    And SV ends up being the only viable spec im going to ether have to re roll or if i still want to play the class.
    That has been my main for over a decade or im going to have to play it as a melee dps.
    A role i cant fucking stand and i hate if by every fiber of my being.

Which is why i wish the hunter where a a full out ranged dps spec instead of mostly ranged with a melee spec no one asked for
    Make MM a ranged dps with hard hitting shots, BM a ranged dps with pets and SV a Ranged dps spec with damage over time abilities.

If you want to play a melee dps there are plenty of other melee classes you can play with three melee specs that all play differently.
    Leave ranged classes ranged.
    Last edited by RaZz0r; 2018-01-26 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    I have absolutely nothing wrong with the people that play Survival, my problem is with the spec itself and the backwards reasoning behind making IT the “melee spec” over BM. They had to come up with an entirely new spec and playstyle for SV which had a niche in the “magic damage hunter spec” instead of changing Cobra Shot to Cobra Strike, giving it a melee maximum range and changing absolutely nothing else about BM’s rotation to fit the Rexxar fantasy they wanted. Instead they ruined one of my favorite specs in the game to give birth to what I consider to be the most unplayable piece of absolute trash that is the current Survival rotation that doesn’t even seem to work WITH ITSELF.
    "Magic damage Hunter Spec"

Stupid as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Its really simple as to why i hate Melee survival its cause when i finally decided to roll a hunter in like mid TBCish.
    I fell in love with the class and its three ranged dps specs and i enjoyed all of them to some degree.
    I personally cant fucking stand being a melee dps it just sucks to play outside of solo content.

Making a class that has been all out ranged for over ten years suddenly only have two ranged and one melee spec just feels unnecessary.
    No one has asked for a hunter melee spec except for maybe early/mid classic they could have just remade SV.
    To have it own more unique play style but still be a ranged dps.

I still love my hunter but i now have to fear that if blizzard some how absolutely fucks up both MM and BM.
    And SV ends up being the only viable spec im going to ether have to re roll or if i still want to play the class.
    That has been my main for over a decade im going to have to play it as a melee dps.
    A role i cant fucking stand and i hate if by every fiber of my being.

Which is why i wish the hunter where a a full out ranged dps spec instead of mostly ranged with a melee spec no one asked for
    Make MM a ranged dps with hard hitting shots BM a ranged dps with pets and SV a Ranged dps spec with damage over time abilities.

If you want to play a melee dps there are plenty of other melee classes you can play with three melee specs that all play differently.
    Leave ranged classes ranged.
    in short "Waaaaaaaah I don't like melee"