Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    G'huun is that huge snail we saw in the artworks. That's the blood god.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281088/b...hots:281088:35

This guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a similar discussion here, these were my thoughts:

We don't know how many Old Gods actually came to Azeroth, we just know that at the height of the Black Empire four Old Gods were the only ones named in the Titans campaign against them. There may have been other, less-noteworthy or fallen Old Gods (like the presumed original form of Xal'atath) that were driven into distant regions of the world or ruled over smaller, negligible kingdoms. G'huun could be one such being, unearthed and imprisoned for experimentation.

Though I also prefer the idea that G'huun was somehow produced by Titan experiments instead. Maybe they were attempting to discover how the Void Lords created the Old Gods and accidentally replicated the process.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    G'huun is that huge snail we saw in the artworks. That's the blood god.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281088/b...hots:281088:35

This guy
    Awesome, I hadn't seen the model. G'huun for mount!

The concept art is also awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Chronicle itself was a retcon from the original leak from Metzen that there would be 5 old gods in total

We're going all the way back to Vanilla or TBC when Blizzard made the mistake of inviting the Scrolls of Lore Admin to intern.
    Dude there are 5 old gods. Xal'atath is the remains of one, devoured by the other 4.

Onto topic. Ghuun is already stated to be a failed experiment and not full blown old God. It was titan research into old gods and a cure for infection. The experiment broke free so the facility was put on lockdown with 3 seals... 2 have broken.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Chronicle itself was a retcon from the original leak from Metzen that there would be 5 old gods in total
    I think the Warcraft 3 manual stated that it was 5, but it was never really referred to again.

Aside from that, retconning a leak is like erasing something that never really existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Didn't they already do that with the Titan souls being on Argus?
    Demonic ressurection, kinda.

But doesn't mean they should continue down that path.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare.
    I swear to fuck. This is about n'zoth. His influence was seen at various points in cataclysm.

If this is an full fledged old god I will roll my eyes so hard they pop out of my eye socket. Xal'atath is stretching it already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    The in-game book "The Old Gods and the ordering of Azeroth" does mention a fifth Old God, but of course that was seemingly retconned out subsequently and in the Chronicle, etc.
    I always thought it was Xal'atath, the spriest artifact. In the little in-game book you get for your artifacts, it mentions a 5th old god as the possible origin for Xal'atath. Basically, the old gods used to fight among themselves, and Xal'atath was completed obliterated by the other 4 gods. All that remains of her is the dagger, which is a claw or tooth of her once enormous form.

I quite like that theory, especially since she is still so very destructive even though she's so much smaller now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, they already covered this hole up with knaifu, now we have a sixth Old God?
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite potential origin for G'huun is the Titans essentially scraping together every leftover scrap and flinder of the defeated Black Empire's armies, all the severed limbs and popped eyeballs are shorn tentacles left behind by the battles with the Old Gods, and putting it all in some giant waste disposal center they built somewhere to monitor and study. And over the millennia all that discarded goop has fused together into G'huun. Uldir is the sink trap of the Titans, and G'huun is the ultimate nightmare clog that has come worming its way up the drain and is ready to overflow out into the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the idea of an Old God or rather an artifical one thats even more dangerous then the ones we've seen. Kinda like experimenting on something thats already dangerous, you create something even worse.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Why new old god? What happened to old old god?

What are G'huun's followers called? G'huunies?
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I wonder if it could be a nascent Old God.

He definitely looks like a sort of parasite, like an oversized maggot looking thing. What if this is what Old Gods look like when they crash-land on a planet, before they have a chance to burrow in?
    So basically the fetus of an Old God in some reallly lovecraftian fucked up way. I'd buy that, it's incredibly disgusting but I can believe
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    They explained it on a Twitter post so you probably missed it. Basically, Sargeras had the Legion force gathered them for him during their invasion on Azeroth (Ulduar assault & other invasions on various zones - probably to hunt down Aman'thul's fragment inside Wrathion?).
    this could give us an explanation as to why Wrathion wasnt in Legion, i imagine him on the road to start his schemes against the legion and suddenly a dreadlord appears out of nowhere and takes amanthul essence out of his body, the process is so painful and leaves wrathion so weakened that he has to leave everything he was doing and go hiding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think it'll probably be an artificially created one by the Titans, rather an actual one.

C'mon, Chronicle V1 is only two years old, no need to "borderline retcon" stuff already.
    Why is it so bad that we might not know everything? I honestly don't care if there are 4 or 8 Old Gods.
    These are new lands, it makes perfect sense there are things we haven't seen or heard of before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Definitely not, they already said g'huun is an experiment gone wrong by watchers, it would be a MASSIVE retcon for them to do this.
    well i completly can see they doing that

"hey guys watchers experiment don't sound cool or edgy right? lets say he is a fucking old god, it would be AWESOME!!1!"

"But boss,there is only 4 old gods, there is no more "

"it will be more from now on, gtfo"

honestly i always find stupid they decreasing de old gods numbers and his powers, made then lock rly weak in comparison before chronicles, this would be a good retcon in my view

im looking for the crocked serpent with no eyes as well, i hope it was a new old god coming from the great dark beyond and land to azeroth.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-28 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's to say people couldn't summon a different Old God to Azeroth like the Arakkoa did on Outland?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Who's to say people couldn't summon a different Old God to Azeroth like the Arakkoa did on Outland?
    yeah, they have this possibility too, a new old god would be more lore-friendly and cool.

It also would bring new potential plots witht he void, if they start summoning new ones, could be bad or good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    What are G'huun's followers called? G'huunies?
    I approve , that's a good one.