Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The Lightforged Draenei are draenei reskins. The Void elves are Blood Elf reskins. The Nightborne are Night Elf reskins. The Highmountain are tauren reskins. The Zandalari are troll reskins. The Dark Iron are dwarf reskins. By that logic, anything that shares a skeleton with an existing playable race is MORE likely to be a playable Allied race- and that includes the Vulpera.
    Bad argument, refer to my above post.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Considering the models, even those Quilboars(dunno if they are) can be Allied Races since they use the Tauren Skeleton.

The best candidates are the Foxes and the snakes.And im hoping they go to the Horde/Alliance respectivelly.

Which raises the question:

How many Alied Races can we possibly get in one expansion?
    the only issue is worgen and goblin use the old rigging system. anything using worgen or goblin skeletons like vulpera are less likely since they need to be done from scratch to be player model quality
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Well we don't know how major of a race the Vulpera will be throughout the life cycle of the expansion because it hasn't happened.
    It's very easy to predict it's not going to be very major.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the only issue is worgen and goblin use the old rigging system. anything using worgen or goblin skeletons like vulpera are less likely since they need to be done from scratch to be player model quality
    Shhhhhhh, don't break their weak logics.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There should be an achievement for skinning a thousand of them.
    /ashran flashbacks
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    they're not a good comparison either because both Nightbourne and Highmountain Tauren existed in the lore to some capacity and are far more major of a race than Vulpera. .
    what? no they didnt. the highmountain tribe existed as some random no name tribe trag highmountain belonged to but they werent moose people and they had nothing to do with the broken isles, and the nightbourne didnt exist AT ALL, they were entirely new.

before legion the broken isles were just a small collection of tiny islands with almost nothing significant on them besides some night elf ruins and the tomb of sargeras after guldan raised it from the ocean floor

we get it, you dont like vulpera, but the only leg you have to stand on is that the goblins arent updated yet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It's very easy to predict it's not going to be very major.
    How? Based on what?

No. Dark Iron Dwarves have been in the game and story since day 1. Vulpera are a rand-o expansion race. You can not compare the two, sorry to break it to you.

A better comparison would be comparing Vulpera to Nightbourne or Highmountain Tauren or something, as both of those races were also just re-skins that appeared for one expansion before being playable. However, they're not a good comparison either because both Nightbourne and Highmountain Tauren existed in the lore to some capacity and are far more major of a race than Vulpera.
    We don't know that. The HM Tauren and LF Draenei were "rand-o expansion races", yet here we are. For all we know the Vulpera burned down Teldrassil. Can't just say it's impossible before we know what their lore is.

People are allowed to speculate. And if that means they want some weird small furry race, then so be it.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

No. Dark Iron Dwarves have been in the game and story since day 1. Vulpera are a rand-o expansion race. You can not compare the two, sorry to break it to you.

A better comparison would be comparing Vulpera to Nightbourne or Highmountain Tauren or something, as both of those races were also just re-skins that appeared for one expansion before being playable. However, they're not a good comparison either because both Nightbourne and Highmountain Tauren existed in the lore to some capacity and are far more major of a race than Vulpera.

This is just wishful thinking coming from a furry obsessed with foxes/wolves. They're simply not going to be playable, just like Mantid/Saurok/Mogu/Gilgoblin/Pygmy/Jinyu/etc are never going to be playable. Vulpera are just a boring throw-away expansion race and nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bad argument. Refer to my above post.
    You're so adamant with your own opinion.

Nevertheless, all these allies races are new races (Lightforged, Highmountain, Nighborne, Void Elves) or play a heavy enough role in the current/upcoming expansion to become an Allied race (Zandalari and Dark Iron). The old 'throw away' NPCs from previous expansions like the Saurok and Jinyu races won't be considered because they are old models and have no participation or influence in the current plot. Unless they play a big role in future expansions, we won't be seeing them as playable any time soon while Vulpera, Kul-tiras humans and even the snake people have a higher chance of becoming an allied race because of the possibilities in Battle For Azeroth.

This was confirmed by Blizzard, with the mention that future Allied races need to have a relation (and importance) to the expansion they become playable in.

I'd rather have the sneks. They look way better IMO.

This is just wishful thinking coming from a furry obsessed with foxes/wolves. They're simply not going to be playable, just like Mantid/Saurok/Mogu/Gilgoblin/Pygmy/Jinyu/etc are never going to be playable. Vulpera are just a boring throw-away expansion race and nothing more.

This is a bad argument. Refer to my above post.
    I mean, other people made that comparison for me. I didn't have to. My point still stands completely.
    Also, you're just attacking me pointlessly because you have no other way to defend your argument. I didn't even say that I wanted them to become playable.
    I said it would be 'plausible that they were considered for the future'. What's your argument?

For someone claiming that my argument in favor of a possibility is bad, you're choosing to misrepresent my intentions and make assumptions about who I am as a person rather than giving me reason to think otherwise.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I think they're quite sweet, they use goblin skeletons though so Alliance would get them
    Dark iron dwarves use the dwarf skeleton so horde will get them..wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanroc View Post
    Also, you're just attacking me pointlessly because you have no other way to defend your argument.
    No, lol. I did a very good job of defending the fact (not argument) that Vulpera are very unlikely to become a playable race.

We're done here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    You're so adamant with your own opinion.
    I'm not entirely sure "Vulpera won't be playable because they're using an outdated fucking skeleton and they clearly have almost no real lore significance" is an opinion, kiddo.

No, lol. I did a very good job of defending the fact (not argument) that Vulpera are very unlikely to become a playable race.

We're done here.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not entirely sure "Vulpera won't be playable because they're using an outdated fucking skeleton and they clearly have almost no real lore significance" is an opinion, kiddo.
    I don't know about that. If they wanted Vulpera to become playable, it's very likely they'd have to redo some facial rigging and give them additional options. We won't know until they announce things. As is, the only things that are in the files for playable allied races that were weren't aware of previously were the Kul'tiran humans. Dark Iron aren't even in the files yet. The fact is, all the above points we made makes it seem more likely that they'll be an allied race, not less.

If it were any other expansion before the announcement of allied races, I'd be in agreement with you.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Sethrak ... have the added benefit of not attracting furries.
    You know nothing, Jon Snow.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

We're done here.

- - - Updated - - -

And you ignored the rest of my post, "kiddo".

Deleted
    The moment when OP is grasping at straws to stay afloat, loving it

I don't know, Teriz on these forums had a pretty ironclad case treated as absolute fact, like you do, that he argued about constantly how Demon Hunters would never be a playable class.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what? no they didnt. the highmountain tribe existed as some random no name tribe trag highmountain belonged to but they werent moose people and they had nothing to do with the broken isles, and the nightbourne didnt exist AT ALL, they were entirely new.

The point is that both races existed in some form of major story capacity, even if lore was retconned for them to exist the way they did in Legion. Vulpera are just a generic race with as much story significance as any other pointless expansion race.

we get it, you dont like vulpera, but the only leg you have to stand on is that the goblins arent updated yet
    I have no real opinion on Vulpera either way. They're just not going to be a playable race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I don't know, Teriz on these forums had a pretty ironclad case treated as absolute fact, like you do, that he argued about constantly how Demon Hunters would never be a playable class.
    Ah, so let me get this straight: When presented very strong evidence that something won't exist, you attempt to say "hey well guess what someone else thought something and they were wrong about it"

Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    The moment when OP is grasping at straws to stay afloat, loving it
    That moment when some shitposter is saying stupid shit because they're mad someone is making a good case against something.

Vulpera will be the biggest waste of playable race spot. I'd rather take slightly different humans over that joke called Vulpera, and I hate visually hardly distinguishable race choices.

Bad argument, refer to my above post.
    Your above post doesn't say anything about Lightforged and Void Elves. In fact, they fly right in the face of your so-called arguments.
    No, you haven't. In fact, you completely failed to make an even remotely compelling argument and simply dismiss the fact that your claims apply to nearly all of the confirmed allied races with little more than a "No they don't!".
    They'd just give Blizzard more reason to fix the Goblin skeleton and Void Elves had no lore whatsoever before being included. Your argument holds no water.