Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    fixed it for you.

No other mmo ever managed to do something even remotely close to what bioware did with swtor class stories
    Agreed, the stories were excellent. I tried it during the lull of SoO and I didn't even log into WoW during the month or so of time it took me to painstakingly visit every corner of every world, listen to every script, and find every datacron on my way to 50 on my jedi shadow. It was time well spent. And then I made a scoundrel and it was just as good. The class storylines shake up the planet storylines, change where you go and in what order, and mix together nicely.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I mourn for what this game could have been.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    Isn't most/all of that still available? They hide them by default, but if you click the "show exploratory missions" option on the map most of those quests pop back up. Or did they actually remove a lot of other quests? I feel like the last time I did a full play through, with exploratory missions showing, that I got all the same quests I did while leveling years ago. Of course there is absolutely no challenge to any of it now. You smash through everything in 1-2 hits with minimal effort. At least at launch dying was possible.

I'm on the fence really. I play this on and off (mostly off), so it isn't a huge loss to me. It's also not at all surprising. It has probably the most poorly developed AAA mmo of all time. It launched too early without too many essential mmo features at the time. It recovered a bit and even had some flashes of promise, but they always fizzled out and turned into nothing. I come back every so often and think maybe it will turn around, but always leave disappointed again. At least now it's final, assuming this story it true.

And it gives me the motivation to finish somethings I've been putting off everytime I come back. And considering we're months away from BFA I've got the time to do it now.
    no they are well and truly gone. they removed the bulk of the bonus series, because those typically were about 10 levels above the rest of the planet. and instead of figuring out how to fit them with new scaling system, they just removed the quest chains. the only things that remain are occasional converted 2+ heroic missions.

I used to play SWTOR as a primary MMO. flaws and all, I loved it. even going f2p didn't kill it for me, in fact a few changes I actualy really liked. I have taken a break for a few weeks to go preferred here and there, but that's about it. for me it was KOTFE that started to kill the game and KOTET well and truly murdered it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit! I dont play Swtor atm, but it would suck as hell if i have never access to my characters again. Sucks that the game lacks of good end content. Questing was great, stories were great (although sometimes not really fitting if you go full dark side), gameplay was nice, classes were cool, good voice acting (at least in german), it has playable Chiss.

Really hope "ending development" doesn't mean they shutting the game down.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    And when the game is no longer available at all there will still be people who will want to see the story. I’d personally pay 30$ for an offline version of swtor if the questing mobs didn’t die one one hit like they do in the current state of the game which is why it was my suggested number.
    So not only do you think people will buy it even though less than a million are currently playing. You also think it is worth their time and money to re balance things and gamble that people will buy a game they wont/aren't playing for free, brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I mourn for what this game could have been.
    Yeah, it could have and should have been a titan in the industry. Sadly they missed the mark by so much that I doubt anybody is willing to try again for a very long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Holy shit! I dont play Swtor atm, but it would suck as hell if i have never access to my characters again. Sucks that the game lacks of good end content. Questing was great, stories were great (although sometimes not really fitting if you go full dark side), gameplay was nice, classes were cool, good voice acting (at least in german), it has playable Chiss.

Really hope "ending development" doesn't mean they shutting the game down.
    Unlike other games that just keep on going even with 200k or so people playing SWTOR won't do that. Due to issues with licensing fees to Disney and being a part of the EA brand. At some point even if it is making money it wont justify the time spent on it. If it is out more then another 2 years it would be a miracle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL Anthem is going to fail so hard. I cant wait to see the abysmal first week sales of their new loot box progression shooter.

Cant believe they would ground SWTOR for Anthem, how does no one at EA not know that Anthem is going to be a failure after D2 and BF2?
    SWTOR was already grounded though. They are down to 8 servers world wide and significantly less than a million people playing and 150k subs. It has been circling the drain for the last 3 years and gone far past the tipping point of any real new development time or money being spent on it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    So not only do you think people will buy it even though less than a million are currently playing. You also think it is worth their time and money to re balance things and gamble that people will buy a game they wont/aren't playing for free, brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it could have and should have been a titan in the industry. Sadly they missed the mark by so much that I doubt anybody is willing to try again for a very long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Unlike other games that just keep on going even with 200k or so people playing SWTOR won't do that. Due to issues with licensing fees to Disney and being a part of the EA brand. At some point even if it is making money it wont justify the time spent on it. If it is out more then another 2 years it would be a miracle.

- - - Updated - - -

SWTOR was already grounded though. They are down to 8 servers world wide and significantly less than a million people playing and 150k subs. It has been circling the drain for the last 3 years and gone far past the tipping point of any real new development time or money being spent on it.
    ya i do think people would buy it and play it in the future if its an option i know i would.

and they really wouldn't need to reblanace any thing just revert it back to how it was at launch. i've gone back to swtor a few times now but after i could just one shot most of the mods it got alot less fun and playing it with friends was boring as there was no challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    They are down to 8 servers world wide
    There are 5 servers, 2 for NA and 3 for Europe EN/FR/DE.

Deleted
    Another shitty MMO down the drain.

Sure it had the best story content in any MMO but that's like saying you were the fastest in a race for people with no legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL Anthem is going to fail so hard. I cant wait to see the abysmal first week sales of their new loot box progression shooter.

Cant believe they would ground SWTOR for Anthem, how does no one at EA not know that Anthem is going to be a failure after D2 and BF2?
    Destiny 2 is in the state it's in due to terrible decisionmaking and incompetence from Bungie, not because there's anything wrong with the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There are 5 servers, 2 for NA and 3 for Europe EN/FR/DE.
    Which makes even less sense now. If they knew/suspected this was coming why not just got with 1 big server or 1 NA and 1 EU server? They will need to merge them again in about a year if development is over.

why not just got with 1 big server or 1 NA and 1 EU server?
    Because there is no EU language?

Which makes even less sense now. If they knew/suspected this was coming why not just got with 1 big server or 1 NA and 1 EU server? They will need to merge them again in about a year if development is over.
    My guess is because they did their best to trick the player base.

By that I mean we were told when the server mergers were going to happen but they said the new servers would still be in the same regions.

SWTOR gamers though there would still be a west coast and east coast server as well as a couple EU servers. Turns out, bioware lied and destroyed the west coast server. They saw the west coast players and APAC players as expendable and moved everything to two East coast servers. The lag nearly every west coast player and APAC was increased 150 to nearly 300 more than what they already had. While not unplayable, it wasn't as enjoyable or smooth. Larger the group, worse it gets.

I think the reason they didn't go with one megaservers was so they could hide what they were doing. Once it was all done and players realized the shit that was going on. Bioware even said they did it that way because they wanted players to experience it first before bioware told them what was happening so they could get used to it. As if that magically made lag better.

I really do think the reason we didn't get one large server is because bioware wanted to trick the player base that the server merger was a good thing and it was for the most part unless you were a west coast or APAC player. Those players got screwed but bioware didn't want them to leave to soon by coming out with the truth first.

The next step probably is stopping all development on SWTOR and the only thing that would stop it would be letting a big public outcry happen (if anything). The guy who wrote the article very clearly has sources in the company. This isn't his first big insider story about a Bioware product.
    The roadmap should be pretty telling. If it looks like the same one from the past year I'd basically count the story as accurate and adjust accordingly.
    I fear that the only development left for the game is to see the end of the Traitor story. Once that is done......... whelp.......... it is sitting by the bed waiting for the end, holding SWTORs hand and remembering all the fond memories of your first lvling experience until there is no life left in this galaxy far far away.....................................

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    And when the game is no longer available at all there will still be people who will want to see the story. I’d personally pay 30$ for an offline version of swtor if the questing mobs didn’t die one one hit like they do in the current state of the game which is why it was my suggested number.
    I personally, dont see the servers dieing for a long time, just because there is so much love for the Origin stories of the classes, and some of the later stories are decent too. So subbing for a month is deff not a bad idea and I think EA/BW will keep that in mind a while. Nt to mention the few remaining whales who will be there to fleece the flocks that happen to come along every now and again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    for me it was KOTFE that started to kill the game and KOTET well and truly murdered it.
    FOr me it was Iokath...............

Iokath..............Where you are the essential GOD of the Galaxy with an ETERNAL never ENDING fleet of Ships and fodder.... And you are FORCED to 'choose' a side when you could literally WIPE THEM from the face of the GALAXY....................... For me that was the end.

KotFE and KotET was a non stop fun filled action extravaganza, well at least the part where you snuck into Valyin's party lol. And even that had a fun bit o flavor until you did it 4 times and knew every nook n craney to get out of there fast. The ending of KotET was a nice but very unsatisfying ending for such a powerful figure. I knew what was coming as I am sure everyone did but it was fun none the less

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

FOr me it was Iokath...............

Iokath..............Where you are the essential GOD of the Galaxy with an ETERNAL never ENDING fleet of Ships and fodder.... And you are FORCED to 'choose' a side when you could literally WIPE THEM from the face of the GALAXY....................... For me that was the end.

KotFE and KotET was a non stop fun filled action extravaganza, well at least the part where you snuck into Valyin's party lol. And even that had a fun bit o flavor until you did it 4 times and knew every nook n craney to get out of there fast. The ending of KotET was a nice but very unsatisfying ending for such a powerful figure. I knew what was coming as I am sure everyone did but it was fun none the less
    I guess it depends on the kind of character you play and how many alts you have. my problem with KOTET is that its incredibly sloppy. and kOTFE even more so. first time around, you may not notice it as much, but on repeat replays on a different character trying to roleplay different decisions... god forbid playing a class other then jedi something... you start noticing some very awkward seams. also, I really disliked the gimmicky gameplay of both Vaylin's party and almost entire chapter 3, especially that mouse droid infiltration. UGGG. but that's just me.

but oh god, the character assassination of Acina and Malcolm they pulled on Iokath... (and I mean making them act like impulsive idiots, contrary to their years of prior thoughtful actions) what in a bleeding hell, bioware?
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-01-27 at 05:40 AM.

but oh god, the character assassination of Acina and Malcolm they pulled on Iokath... (and I mean making them act like impulsive idiots, contrary to their years of prior thoughtful actions) what in a bleeding hell, bioware?
    Yup..................... Decades of battle experience or diplomatic and deceptive experience all destroyed for the sake of............. It's MINE It's MINE It's MINE It's MINE. And the EASE in which we kill them.................not even worthy of a Group type battle or raid. They did these two the same way they did Malgus.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it depends on the kind of character you play and how many alts you have. my problem with KOTET is that its incredibly sloppy. and kOTFE even more so. first time around, you may not notice it as much, but on repeat replays on a different character trying to roleplay different decisions... god forbid playing a class other then jedi something... you start noticing some very awkward seams. also, I really disliked the gimmicky gameplay of both Vaylin's party and almost entire chapter 3, especially that mouse droid infiltration. UGGG. but that's just me.?
    I actually only completed both stories on my Merc, Trooper and Sorc. I did feel a bit out of place when fighting Powerful Force users and here I am shooting blaster bolts at them.......

It felt a bit more satisfying on my sorc were it was Powerful Force user vs Powerful Force user. But as Edge used to say, you have to suspend your belief in reality or Star Wars to get through it.

Yup..................... Decades of battle experience or diplomatic and deceptive experience all destroyed for the sake of............. It's MINE It's MINE It's MINE It's MINE. And the EASE in which we kill them.................not even worthy of a Group type battle or raid. They did these two the same way they did Malgus.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually only completed both stories on my Merc, Trooper and Sorc. I did feel a bit out of place when fighting Powerful Force users and here I am shooting blaster bolts at them.......

It felt a bit more satisfying on my sorc were it was Powerful Force user vs Powerful Force user. But as Edge used to say, you have to suspend your belief in reality or Star Wars to get through it.
    and Acina explaining to your sorc what its like to be an apprentice on corriban and what i means to be sith didn't bother you? there's suspension of disbelieve, and then there's sloppy story telling.

and Acina explaining to your sorc what its like to be an apprentice on corriban and what i means to be sith didn't bother you? there's suspension of disbelieve, and then there's sloppy story telling.
    TO be honest, I took it as a trip down memory lane. she was reminiscing her time there when she went. Otherwise I would have had to quit the story right then and there lol.

I got used to EAWare and their horrible story development.

TO be honest, I took it as a trip down memory lane. she was reminiscing her time there when she went. Otherwise I would have had to quit the story right then and there lol.

I got used to EAWare and their horrible story development.
    ah. by the time I got to that point, I have reached my limit of pretend :P

Deleted
    Shame, it's been a great MMO till they visibly cut funding for any meaningful new content.

Btw who can pull the plug on the game; EA for sure, Disney as well?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Btw who can pull the plug on the game; EA for sure, Disney as well?
    Disney does own the license now but since they got it after EA leased it,I dont think they have the legal recourse to do so.

The only thing they can do it to deny EA another shot at the License when it expires.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I swore that they announced the shutdown of SWTOR? I guess not?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water