Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    May I ask if Soul Flame is dead now? I just love the explosions. Can still see it in the Spell Changes.

Increases damage/healing by 20%:
    Agony, Channel Demonfire, Compounding Horror, Corruption, Demonbolt, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Harvester of Souls, Phantom Singularity, Rain of Fire, Rend Soul, Seed of Corruption, Shadowburn, Soul Flame, Unstable Affliction

It's possible they just make Soul Flame a baseline passive. Personally wouldn't mind at all. But who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's possible they just make Soul Flame a baseline passive. Personally wouldn't mind at all. But who knows.
    I need it to be. Everyone screaming about our OPness is about soulflame, if that is gone, where would we be

At the moment soulflame listed as removed, honestly for the better imo. Outside of niche situations it did basically nothing, but in those situations it was disgustingly broken for a mere golden trait, and also added a lot of graphical lag.

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    I`m enjoying my time as the person standing last whenever the raid wipes.
    Yeah, it was pretty sweet being one of two alive at the end of Aggramar the other day. Although I was a bit worried when I realized I was tanking. Alas, no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    WoWhead has BfA Talent Calculators up. It has more in the way of durations and cooldowns that the MMOchamp dump didn't have. Some things I noticed:

On my first reading I thought Deathbolt consumed the DoTs. That doesn't seem to be the case. Does that make it an Afflic nuke on a 25s cooldown, as long as you make sure to refresh your DoTs first? Is it a reason to stack your UA, despite the Contagion effect being baseline? We'll have to see. They claim Afflic will get GrimSac as an option.

On the Destro side, by WoWhead's reading Backdraft is not baseline and remains the third Lvl 15 Tier talent choice. Again, no way to be sure who's right at this point. Also by this info Shadowburn is instant, 12s cooldown, and 2 charges. Its damage and SS generation are more like an instant Incinerate than a second Conflag, much less the powerful execute of expansions past, but as long as you have space for the extra button it might be useful for WQ or Mythic+. There's three empty spots here, and that assumes everything they have is correct, which it might not be. So still plenty of room for new options to be added.
    Deathbolt seems to be utterly stronk, Either Writhe in Agony or Absolute corruption, Soul Harvest, Torn between GoSac and Nightfall.. However I do think that one is for taste. Last one is Siphon Life.. atleast for that build.

Rotation might be: Agony > Corruption > Siphon Life, 10stacks of Agony: Cast Deathbolt.. SB as a filler meanwhile.

That's not on the table. If you don't pay attention to other classes, you might have missed how they removed nearly all the executes from the game. Warriors and Shadow Priests still have them, and that's pretty much it. Everyone else lost them.
    If you haven't paid attention, assasination rogues are getting execute in bfa, so it wouldn't be out of the question. But I do agree with you that it won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    If you haven't paid attention, assasination rogues are getting execute in bfa, so it wouldn't be out of the question. But I do agree with you that it won't happen
    I'll admit I haven't paid serious attention to my Rogue since I was trolling Wintergrasp for mid-air ganks back in Wrath, so no I didn't notice that in the new info yet. I suppose it's part of the pruning rollback the Devs mentioned. And to be fair, Afflic can talent into an execute with Death's Embrace so it's not entirely gone for Warlocks. But I think the general point still still stands.

That's not on the table. If you don't pay attention to other classes, you might have missed how they removed nearly all the executes from the game. Warriors and Shadow Priests still have them, and that's pretty much it. Everyone else lost them.
    I don't think anything can really be considered on or off the table, based solely off the first alpha patch.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I'm wondering how destros aoe is going to be with f n b nerfed and rain if fire down for being channelled and still costing 3 shards, hopefully it's staying instant, and I hope the f n b nerf means it's going baseline

The other area for concern is if soul fire and cdf both become the go to talents for st. That rotation I can see being clunky and unfluid and awkward. 3 long cast time nukes, 2 that have cds which are likely to clash with haste involved

Outside of that I'm happy with alot for destro and as someone who doesn't like multi dot I'm intrigued by affliction

I'll be sad to see drain going in PvP with how immobile we are it's awesome to dot melee up pump 4 uas into them and drain them while they keep trying to get behind you but your character auto turns with the drain lol and being able to continue draining when it's channelling and they los you

RoF is still instant, at least on Wowhead...

Clearly they havent introduced the demon changes yet. Blaming for the first alpha build has no sense IMHO.

Affliction is getting so much death-themed abilities... had to check three times whether I was reading Warlock changes or Death Knight changes

Deleted
    In theory, it's an ability with a high skill ceiling. You don't want to let it sit too long after the cooldown completes, but you also want to cast it right after you refresh your DoTs and not when they're at low duration. That complicates the standard DoT refresh priority rules. It'll be interesting to see how people math out optimal play with it.
    What I'm curious about is wether it will snapshot. If you got dots with full duration on a target and a proc that lasts for say 5 seconds will the ability still deal damage as if the current, buffed remaining value (due to the proc buff) remained constant?

I sure hope so!
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2018-01-27 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Oh I absolutely agree, I flooded the shit out of them with feedback during the legion alpha.
    Yeah, me too. I was in right from the very initial wave of the Legion alpha. It was quite disappointing the state warlocks launched in as there was a lot of very good and detailed (and reasonable) feedback from 3 or 4 people(I suspect you were one of them based on some of your other posts, but I think you were using a different name) - especially early on before a lot of people were invited and the SNR dropped. A lot of the issues that were predicted by the early posters, especially in regards to destro, came true, and it could have easily been avoided by just listening. C'est la vie.

Deleted
    Rain of Fire Calls down a rain of hellfire, dealing [*640% [*128% of Spell Power*] Fire damage over until cancelled to enemies in the area. Warlock - Destruction Spec. 30 Soul Shard. 35 yd range. 8 sec cast (Channeled).

Taken from the destruction specific changes from mmo champ.....hopefully a data mining error

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not channeled.

Going against what many ppl here think, I love the warlock afliction gameplay atm.
    Dots + drain reminds me of a Gul'dan style and I really like it.
    I also love the fact that my self heal is part of my rotation, making us not the strongest spec, not the best st dps, but one of the toughest in the game.
    Definitely I'm not a fan of the shadow bolt gameplay.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    Rain of Fire Calls down a rain of hellfire, dealing [*640% [*128% of Spell Power*] Fire damage over until cancelled to enemies in the area. Warlock - Destruction Spec. 30 Soul Shard. 35 yd range. 8 sec cast (Channeled).

Taken from the destruction specific changes from mmo champ.....hopefully a data mining error
    It's a datamining error.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Imp's Firebolt has been dealing increased damage to Immolated targets since 7.0, it just doesn't display in the Tooltip unless you're Destruction. It actually didn't do this in MoP or WoD, so Imp wasn't the baseline pet in either of those expacs.
    Hmm I am pretty sure I have seen this immolate-fireball interaction before this xpack ... or maybe I have seen the tooltip at the begining and just thought that it was very long time ago /before this xpack/ but actually it wasn't. Had to check old screenshots just to see / and remember/ what I was using during raids in those xpacks and it seems - GoSac and GoSup/and observer from time to time as a pet/. Well I guess I start to forget slowly but surely what happened in the past. But still my concern is valid that Imp may still continie to be the pet to go with that fireball-immo interaction