Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Why does turkey hate the kurds?
    haters gonna hate

Real reason is that the Kurd's want a nation-state of their own, they're a people split among the confluence of Turkey, Syria, and Iraq mainly and Turkey sees this as a threat.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2018-01-26 at 05:47 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

I can't speak for others, but Turks do not hate Kurds, unless, of course, PKK equates to Kurds in people's eye. And to me, it seems like the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fast growing minority consisting of 20% of the population in Turkey that seeks its own state within Turkish borders. They also pre-existed in that region before Turks came in.

It's not really a mystery why Turkey wants them gone.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they aren't stopping in Syria:

Turkey is prepared to take its fight against Kurdish forces in northern Syria as far east as Iraq, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world...-east-42831296

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Armed Kurdish entities are a security threat to Turkey, and Turkey will act accordingly. I don't care why Erdogan does it, this was a necessity and is now in action. After Afrin is cleared from terrorist presence, Manbij should be the next target, wiping YPG from the west of Euphrates.
    You are having it backwards, they are made into a security threat to Turkey by Erdogan, because Erdogan needs enemies to stay in power and become a dictator.
    Remember how he reacted to the kurdish parties getting votes in Turkey? They were a democratic threat to him personally, thus he made it about war and terrorism so he can use emergency powers and weapons on them.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2018-01-26 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

The Armenians where not enough for them, I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was expected that Turkey would do something. See Assad has been advancing on the main train line between Hama and Aleppo, cutting through much of the rebels in Idlib that Turkey supports.

So Turkey must show it has actual relevance, but they cannot attack Assad in Idlib/Aleppo ( or support the rebels fighting Assad ) while the Kurds control Afrin and thus in a prime strategic position to attack Turkey/Turkish backed rebels. So....they made a deal: Assad gets to take the train line running through Abu Ad Duhur to Aleppo while Turkey takes Afrin.

It will be a bloodbath. The Kurds in Afrin are well supplied and trained and the Syrian government is allowing them to get reinforcements from the East.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

there are very few Turkish troops on the ground they have just bussed in Jihadis from different areas and combined them with the ones that fled over the border to be thier boots on the ground. Turks are providing artillery (innacurate) and air strikes that also seem to be heavy but innacurate. Thier air strikes dont seem to be dynamic (ie reacting to counter attacks) and the current KIA's among the TSK look like spotters/advisers directing strikes. The TSK don't look like they are really in the fight yet.

The Jihadis on the ground have said :

“We regard Manbij as strategically important as Afrin, so as Syria’s National Army (“al-Jaysh al-Watani”) we have declared war against the Kurdistan workers’ Party (PKK) formations in Manbij. Rather than the PKK, the U.S. is the more pressing problem. In the case that the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) and the FSA were to enter Manbij, the U.S., as it did in Afrin, will withdraw its support from the terrorists. If it does not, we will battle U.S. forces deployed in that region as well.”

Kurd fighters are moving from battling ISIS to Afrin (which is via government areas)whilst negotiating a handover to Assad for Manjib.

Hopefully the Turks and thier Jihadis get a fucking slap, and the Kurds fight as valiantly as they did in Kobani. Thier counter attacks are looking good. Turkey has yet to deploy its main forces however.

Yeah hope the kurds stomp the shit out of the jihadis and turks. Kurds have tons of experience fighting jihadis so should be good they lack support though would be nice if syria aided them.

Turkey's move have also made it easier on isis and al qaida giving them time to relax and making it harder to finish them off perhaps thats what erdogan wants.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2018-01-26 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You are having it backwards, they are made into a security threat to Turkey by Erdogan, because Erdogan needs enemies to stay in power and become a dictator.
    Remember how he reacted to the kurdish parties getting votes in Turkey? They were a democratic threat to him personally, thus he made it about war and terrorism so he can use emergency powers and weapons on them.
    PKK and their Syrian wing YPG existed before Erdogan.

Deleted
    updates

'Over 110 killed of Turkey proxy and YPG today following fierce clashes on the borders of Afrin enclave when the Turkish forces failed to make any serious advance. However, this is the largest number of casualties in one day for Kurds.

The Syrian Army received instructions to allow Kurds to transit from and to Afrin through its controlled area without any restrictions or control during the "Olive Branch" Turkish ops.

The Syrian government gave instructions to all hospitals to receive as a priority any casualties among Kurds due to Turkish "Olive Branch" military ops against Afrin

Russian officials in Syria believe the Kurds won't wait for very long before asking the direct intervention of the Syrian Army to take in hand the cities of Afrin and Manbij.'

Things cooled down just like they did in Northern Ireland (if not to that point yet) and Kurds were even represented in Turkish parliament because they became electable to the public. Unfortunately that was the point where they became a (democratic) threat to Erdogan's plans and consequently he started to attack them (non-democratically).

Things cooled down just like they did in Northern Ireland (if not to that point yet) and Kurds were even represented in Turkish parliament because they became electable to the public. Unfortunately that was the point where they became a (democratic) threat to Erdogan's plans and consequently he started to attack them (non-democratically).
    Kurds were electable even back in 90s, when they were treated like shit and Turkey was in all-out war against PKK. If you think these operations are large, read what portion of Turkish army was mobilized against PKK in 90s. Things cooled down between 2001, 2008 because PKK was mostly destroyed.

To be fair, Kurds were always electable. We even had Kurdish prime minister, and a third of AKP's voter base and parliamentarians are Kurds.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-01-27 at 09:34 AM.

Turkey has been fighting PKK since early 70s. It's not an Erdogan thing.

We are not fighting Kurds. We fight PKK. There are millions of Kurdish people live among our cities peacefully and except some racist minority no one does anything to them. We are not a racist people. We just hate people who bomb us, and we will keep fighting them.

Why no one ever mentions any of the live bombing done by PKK/YPG? Do you really believe that they are bunch of innocent people? They do not care about who they kill. They don't just fight against Turkish Armed Forces. They kill babies, children, women, men, injured it really does not matter.

http://aa.com.tr/tr/turkiye/teror-or...ldiri-/1044183

This is from today. These kind of things happen EVERY DAY. It's not a military facility, its a fuggin CITY they send rockets! You can call them whatever you want, they are a threat to our country and our people, thus we have right to defend ourself.
    Last edited by Azerul; 2018-01-27 at 01:35 PM. Reason: mis-typed

Quote Originally Posted by Azerul View Post
    Turkey has been fighting PKK since early 70s. It's not an Erdogan thing.
    Turkey have been fighting the Kurds since its inception, it's not a PKK thing or an Erdogan thing.

Quote Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_of_Kurdish_people_in_Turkey
    This article discusses the human rights situation of Kurds in Turkey. Kurds have had a long history of discrimination and massacres perpetrated against them by the Turkish government.[1] Massacres have periodically occurred against the Kurds since the establishment of the Republic of Turkey in 1923. Among the most significant is the Dersim massacre where 13,160 civilians were killed by the Turkish Army and 11,818 people were taken into exile.[2] According to McDowall, 40,000 people were killed.[3] The Zilan massacre of 1930, was a massacre[4][5] of the Kurdish residents of Turkey during the Ararat rebellion, in which 5,000 to 47,000 were killed.[6]

The use of Kurdish language, dress, folklore, and names were banned and the Kurdish-inhabited areas remained under martial law until 1946.[7] In an attempt to deny their existence, the Turkish government categorized Kurds as "Mountain Turks" until 1991.[8][9][10] The words "Kurds", "Kurdistan", or "Kurdish" were officially banned by the Turkish government.[11] Following the military coup of 1980, the Kurdish language was officially prohibited in public and private life.[12] Many people who spoke, published, or sang in Kurdish were arrested and imprisoned.[13] Since lifting of the ban in 1991, the Kurdish population of Turkey has long sought to have Kurdish included as a language of instruction in public schools as well as a subject. Currently, it's illegal to use the Kurdish language as an instruction language in private and public schools.

During the Kurdish-Turkish conflict, food embargoes were placed on Kurdish populated villages and towns.[14][15] There were many instances of Kurds being forcefully deported out of their villages by Turkish security forces.[16] Many villages were reportedly set on fire or destroyed.[17][16] Throughout the 1990s and early 2000s, political parties that represented Kurdish interests were banned.[11] In 2013, a ceasefire effectively ended the violence until June 2015, when hostilities renewed between the PKK and the Turkish government over the Turkey–ISIL conflict. Violence was widely reported against ordinary Kurdish citizens and the headquarters and branches of the pro-Kurdish rights Peoples' Democratic Party were attacked by mobs.[18] The European Court of Human Rights and many other international human rights organizations have condemned Turkey for the thousands of human rights abuses.[19][20] Many judgments are related to systematic executions of Kurdish civilians,[21] torturing,[22] forced displacements,[23] destroyed villages,[24][25][26] arbitrary arrests,[27] murdered and disappeared Kurdish journalists, activists and politicians.[28]
    You know what'd be a good solution? Political autonomy for the southeastern areas of Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Turkey have been fighting the Kurds since its inception, it's not a PKK thing or an Erdogan thing.

You know what'd be a good solution? Political autonomy for the southeastern areas of Turkey.

I'm not an expert of what might happened 50-100 or 200 years ago, but i know what i lived and i just want to ask you one simple question.

Can there ever be an excuse of exploding a bombfilled truck in the most crowded area of a city? That's what i know happened certainly. A lot of times.

There is also one more thing that i'm certain is that, my Kurdish friends (whom do not take AK-47 on their hands and go to mountains) can live peacefuly with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerul View Post
    I'm not an expert of what might happened 50-100 or 200 years ago, but i know what i lived and i just want to ask you one simple question.

Can there ever be an excuse of exploding a bombfilled truck in the most crowded area of a city? That's what i know happened certainly. A lot of times.

There is also one more thing that i'm certain is that, my Kurdish friends (whom do not take AK-47 on their hands and go to mountains) can live peacefuly with me.
    Can there ever be an excuse for massacres of peoples and attempted forced assimilation and Turkification as happened in the past and which ultimately prompted the birth of an organization like the PKK? To not ask those questions is to not understand the root cause of the conflict, which will lead you to not resolve it. Punching back is just treating the symptoms, not curing this illness of Turkish society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdis...ions_in_Turkey

On a more recent note, can there ever be an excuse for systemic discrimination and abuse? Only recently have the Turkish government provided Kurds with limited rights and freedoms with regards to language, education and the media, meanwhile Kurdish politicians and activists still face pressure.

So again, you know what a good solution would be? Autonomy for the southeastern areas of Turkey. Then the Kurds will take the fight to the political arena and fight it out among themselves, with some parties in the autonomous area being in favor of the new status quo and others being in favor of independence, and the Turkish central government will stay out of it. Meanwhile, many Kurds will continue to live in peaceful co-existence with their fellow Turkish citizens in other parts of Turkey like Istanbul as they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post

Still doesn't justify terrorism, especially in these days considering Kurds fair much better.

Still doesn't justify terrorism, especially in these days considering Kurds fair much better.
    Who is arguing that it does? Nothing can ever justify terrorism.

Nothing of that sentence is factually correct. YPG was established in 2004, Erdogan became Prime Minister in 2003, the same year as the Democratic Union Party was established in Syria of which YPG is the armed wing. YPG is a terrorist organization and a wing of the PKK only in the eyes of Turkish state propaganda.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2018-01-27 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    They call a Military Invasion of Syria, Operation Olive Branch......