Deleted

Achievements Speed Farming

So I want to know how fast you guys think you can speed farm 10k achievements and 20k achievements.

Why would I want to do this you ask? Well I currently live in Europe and therefore play on an EU server and in my down time from raiding I like to farm achievements (currently on 22k)

In a few months I will be moving to the US and therefore will have to move to a US realm and start from scratch.
    So I want to make it a bit of a challenge for myself to see how fast I can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Lubiwow View Post
    So I want to know how fast you guys think you can speed farm 10k achievements and 20k achievements.

Why would I want to do this you ask? Well I currently live in Europe and therefore play on an EU server and in my down time from raiding I like to farm achievements (currently on 22k)

In a few months I will be moving to the US and therefore will have to move to a US realm and start from scratch.
    So I want to make it a bit of a challenge for myself to see how fast I can do it
    1) Why are you moving to America? It's a shithole.
    2) How often will you play?
    2b) Do you work?

I reckon a month for 20k and maybe a week for 10k.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-01-27 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    I'm moving to the states as a part of my job, i usually spend anywhere from 4-8 hours a day playing wow.

20k in 1 month would be great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really doubt you can get 20k in 1 month since you have to level your chars too. I'd say 10k will take about six weeks, then for 20k you're looking at 3-6 months depending on how much time you can sink into it.

How much time you can (and are willing to) invest in this really is the biggest factor, so it's hard to really give you a good number.

On a sidenote, you can still play on EU realms when you're in the US. Raiding is less practical but just farming some achievements should still be easily doable.
    Last edited by Sting; 2018-01-27 at 04:21 PM.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    I am currently in and if i hotspot off my phone i can get about 200-400ms at best.

The biggest problem if i wanted to raid would be the time difference.

6 months seems like a stretch. We have 22k on one account, I think another has 26k (or had before 7.3.5) and it took us years to get that much. Granted we are not all that dedicated to them anymore.

Cheers

about a year imo what with all the holiday achieves and shit plus rep and BG grinding etc etc

TBH i still think its fucking bullshit that blizz cant transfer data from EU to US i mean in this day and age?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a crazy question, but can't you just transfer your account somehow and save yourself the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubiwow View Post

You really don't need to start on a new account.
    Playing on EU realms from the US is not that bad at all. I usually have 150ms home/world from California. East Coast might very well be under 100ms. Given you have a decent connection of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    This is a crazy question, but can't you just transfer your account somehow and save yourself the time?
    Blizz cant transfer toons from EU to US and vice versa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Blizz cant transfer toons from EU to US and vice versa
    Well that's obnoxious, I wonder why....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Well that's obnoxious, I wonder why....
    gold prices mostly, spectral tigers EU are like 10m gold, bet they're under 5m on US.

or gametime tokens difference, just take something you can sell like TCG pets or mounts etc, move them from US to EU, and you just tripled the value, now wait transfer back to US, buy more pets/mounts wowtokens etc.

that and i bet it's a lot more complicated than just doing a realm transfer so would cost a ton more.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    gold prices mostly, spectral tigers EU are like 10m gold, bet they're under 5m on US.
    Sadly, they're not.

OP, depending on where you're from in Europe and where you're going in the USA, you might be ok to continue on an EU realm. Up until recently, I was living in Kuwait for 2.5 years and I played on US realms with an average of 270ms ping. I know that can seem high to some people on these forums, and even I was like that, but from experience I noticed that 270ish is more than playable.

And if you're looking to squeeze every bit of ping you can, WTFast worked for me, though I only noticed about a 50ms improvement and I couldn't tell the difference.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback guys, will try continue playing on EU server while I’m in the states and see how bad the ms is

10+ Year Old Account
    Where in the US will you live?

I lived in the US for a few months, both in Florida and in Los Angeles, and I could play on my EU account just fine. About 50MS on the east-coast and about 75 on the west coast, but still defenitly playable just fine.

And finding groups, that was just fine tbh, there are night-raid guilds as well as a fair amount of night-pugs. By night I mean it's night in Europe when you have an evening/afternoon in the states.

There is no need to start over on US servers really.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Big Bag Theory Guest?