reminds me of those Dr strange jumping meme's

And the action in that ended up being average. A magic dude that spends 70% of his time using martial art moves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

His original statement was barely noteworthy, but everyone has made it out to be something it wasn't for so many pages now that who knows what he really thinks anymore.
    "Why don't they show her figure" got changed to boob-windows by many, even though everyone agrees it looks bad? He has even said "maybe it'll look better in the movie" which everyone agrees with, but it's still be 3 more pages of folks trying to prove that it might look better!

I certainly didn't hear all this backlash when pages of Cap's beard being sexy were going.
    Yep all I said was it was a wasted opportunity and the marvelites acted like I had just jumped and spat all over their bible.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-01-27 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    And the action in that ended up being average. A magic dude that spends 70% of his time using martial art moves
    "I have unlocked the secrets to the multiverse, now, lets melee!!!"

I do remember folks complaining about the bad guys eyes looking bad during filming, same debates about how they'd be fine in the actual. I never cared, but I don't think they were improved much in post. Meh, whatever. If Cap Marvel is a fun movie, I'll enjoy it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    "I have unlocked the secrets to the multiverse, now, lets melee!!!"

I do remember folks complaining about the bad guys eyes looking bad during filming, same debates about how they'd be fine in the actual. I never cared, but I don't think they were improved much in post. Meh, whatever. If Cap Marvel is a fun movie, I'll enjoy it.
    Pretty much. Expensive stuff to do magic properly so maybe we get the good stuff in infinity war / dr strange 2. Thats why I laugh at people suggesting they are gonna CGI the crap out of her costume. Its the wrong shade of green for a start

Yep the eyes for mads character had the same issue of people judging it early. I'll say it again it is unfair to judge them right now. But the people saying its not her costume etc are deluded. Its clearly the same design as the concept art just different color. The star/belt/boot straps are all there. And its clearly HER clothes, it doesnt fit her perfectly but it is clearly made for her to wear so that rules out the option she stole it on the run or w/e marvelites are coming up with now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on picking out the CGI costumes in the airport scene one of the most CGI filled scenes in marvel history. Are you saying marvel doesnt know how to do quality costumes?

I know, but if we can remove Iron Man War Machine and all that and focus on spidy and Black Panther. Sure they got a full body costume but the point is that their suits were enhanced later on in post. Sure Strange and everyone in that movie had an awesome suit to begin with, that also goes for cap himself. But we don't know if that is the case with Captain Marvel. Maybe that is the final version or maybe it will get enhanced later on in post. It is not even the studios official release so why judge it like it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I know, but if we can remove Iron Man War Machine and all that and focus on spidy and Black Panther. Sure they got a full body costume but the point is that their suits were enhanced later on in post. Sure Strange and everyone in that movie had an awesome suit to begin with, that also goes for cap himself. But we don't know if that is the case with Captain Marvel. Maybe that is the final version or maybe it will get enhanced later on in post. It is not even the studios official release so why judge it like it was?
    If CGI is gonna fix it and they give her an aura that is constantly spitting out starfire in post then I'll be willing to concede. But why dont they use the proper green screen color or the checkers board like tape to make CGI easier. Or give it the black panther treatment where its 90% done and polished in post? As it stands its looking more like they are going the game of thrones/blizzard route of turning characters into something like - Mei

To show off how progressive they are. And if people are allowed to assume its a kree costume or half finished Im allowed to assume its her costume pretty much done also. For at least some period of time in the movie.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-01-27 at 11:20 PM.

You're just gonna pretend female superheros havent looked like this the past 50 years

And we need to change it now because???
    I'm not pretending or ignoring anything. Female superheroes have and will continue to be costumed with sex appeal in mind. Your problem (er, one of them) is apparently that this must be a rule free of exception.

Also, do you seriously want to go with the "why do we need to change it now" argument? I mean, we used to not have electricity, so what's all the hubub dammit!?

And I dont think its that crazy to suggest you spruce her up a little bit, she is gorgeous.
    It's not crazy, it's misogynistic. Please stay on track.

Its not about gratifying sexual desires ya weirdo its about the superhero aesthetic being important and its supposed to be unreachable. And just like the men have giant arms and 8 pack abs, the female form is supposed to be visually pleasing, not someone wearing their pajamas
    You literally contradict yourself from one sentence to the next. You want her to look sexy because you can't handle the concept of looking at someone when they aren't dressed to look sexy. So yeah, maybe it's not wet dream level sexual desires, but it's still the same category.

Bit early to be talking about the success of the film, it hasnt come out yet if you are unaware. I'm sure dressing her up like Hillary Clinton will rain cash though.
    I know one "fan" that will be queuing up to see it, pant suit and all
    Dude, do you have a Hillary fetish?

As it stands its looking more like they are going the game of thrones/blizzard route of turning characters into something like - Mei
    "OMG guyz! There's a woman in Overwatch that isn't in skin tight clothes and defines my definition of attractiveness. The world is literally ending!"

I think at this point we get that you're a misogynist. It's weird that you decided to cement the idea with a Mei reference rather than continuing to try to argue that you aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    @tyrlaan

oh my god is AlexisSanchez still crying?

I added him to my ignore list the other day, the man wouldn't shut the hell up lol. The only downside to adding someone to your ignore list is the fact you can still see their comments through other peoples quotes :P

Spam isn't allowed. Either contribute to the discussion or don't post.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-01-28 at 03:18 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I'm not pretending or ignoring anything. Female superheroes have and will continue to be costumed with sex appeal in mind. Your problem (er, one of them) is apparently that this must be a rule free of exception.

Also, do you seriously want to go with the "why do we need to change it now" argument? I mean, we used to not have electricity, so what's all the hubub dammit!

It's not crazy, it's misogynistic. Please stay on track.

You literally contradict yourself from one sentence to the next. You want her to look sexy because you can't handle the concept of looking at someone when they aren't dressed to look sexy. So yeah, maybe it's not wet dream level sexual desires, but it's still the same category.

Dude, do you have a Hillary fetish?

"OMG guyz! There's a woman in Overwatch that isn't in skin tight clothes and defines my definition of attractiveness. The world is literally ending!"

I think at this point we get that you're a misogynist. It's weird that you decided to cement the idea with a Mei reference rather than continuing to try to argue that you aren't.
    Holy wall of points batman! Someone is rustled.

I'm not gonna go into it all, the thread is welcome to discuss other issues if posters can stop quoting me and move on. But i'll give you a closing statement for all your effort in quoting me.

I know you lot like using buzzwords like "misogynist". I'll reply with the famous words of Finchy "How can I hate woman....me mums one".

I dont think its misogynist when discussing fictional characters that are meant to inspire people. If I was talking about the local sports team you might have a point. If wearing pant suits and pajamas is inspiring to you then all for it I wont stop you from enjoying it and I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of the Cap Marvel film and you can tell your friends on social media how progressive you are for it. Works out great! You get to white knight for a little while longer till the next social issue comes along and you can jump on that and call all those evil men who appreciate the female body as misogynist!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    @tyrlaan

oh my god is AlexisSanchez still crying?

I added him to my ignore list the other day, the man wouldn't shut the hell up lol. The only downside to adding someone to your ignore list is the fact you can still see their comments through other peoples quotes :P
    Lol...the micro aggression's in this thread is getting next level. Not surprised at all though, this kind of cowardice is common place among white knights

Holy wall of points batman! Someone is rustled.

I'm not gonna go into it all, the thread is welcome to discuss other issues if posters can stop quoting me and move on. But i'll give you a closing statement for all your effort in quoting me.

I know you lot like using buzzwords like "misogynist". I'll reply with the famous words of Finchy "How can I hate woman....me mums one".

I dont think its misogynist when discussing fictional characters that are meant to inspire people. If I was talking about the local sports team you might have a point. If wearing pant suits and pajamas is inspiring to you then all for it I wont stop you from enjoying it and I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of the Cap Marvel film and you can tell your friends on social media how progressive you are for it. Works out great! You get to white knight for a little while longer till the next social issue comes along and you can jump on that and call all those evil men who appreciate the female body as misogynist!
    Cool as a cucumber over here bro. How about you? Triggered much?

You didn't talk about not being inspired. You talked about her costume not being sexy enough. I'm sure that provides a rise of some sort, but not along the lines of inspiration. So I guess we can add disingenuous to the traits you are displaying?

You also seem to lack the ability to recognize the difference between appreciating the female form and expecting every instance of a woman to exist for the precise intent of letting you admire her form. I'd try to expand on this, but if your hyperbole goes away, I don't think you'd have much left.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Cool as a cucumber over here bro. How about you? Triggered much?

You didn't talk about not being inspired. You talked about her costume not being sexy enough. I'm sure that provides a rise of some sort, but not along the lines of inspiration. So I guess we can add disingenuous to the traits you are displaying?

You also seem to lack the ability to recognize the difference between appreciating the female form and expecting every instance of a woman to exist for the precise intent of letting you admire her form. I'd try to expand on this, but if your hyperbole goes away, I don't think you'd have much left.
    Triggered? misogynist? do you like using words you got off reddit?

Done discussing it with you, you just twist my words anyway to suit your narrative

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why don't some people in this thread not know what post-production is
    you got the post-production photos or even the concept art for it approved by feige himself? Pop em up, I wanna see em

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If CGI is gonna fix it and they give her an aura that is constantly spitting out starfire in post then I'll be willing to concede. But why dont they use the proper green screen color or the checkers board like tape to make CGI easier. Or give it the black panther treatment where its 90% done and polished in post? As it stands its looking more like they are going the game of thrones/blizzard route of turning characters into something like - Mei

To show off how progressive they are. And if people are allowed to assume its a kree costume or half finished Im allowed to assume its her costume pretty much done also. For at least some period of time in the movie.
    Isn’t meh just wearing warm bulky clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Isn’t meh just wearing warm bulky clothes?
    She could smother a bottlenose dolphin to death with those thighs. Its part of the "diversity" quota that is spreading among businesses that fear a social media backlash for not being progressive enough in their character representation that has shifted to marvel films as well it seems

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We see her in normal clothes in that origins video that was released a couple months back. She pretty much looks the same.
    Oh does she? I hate over watch so I can’t say I’ve seen the origin.

They are gonna burrow heavily from the Mission Impossible franchise. Get ready for super realistic face masks!

Scarlett Jo is gonna have the same body/build as philip seymour hoffman just by wearing his mask. They already did it in winter solider when she pretended to be a different lady to get close to redford
    A black widow has no name.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Really? Damn, how far we have come from Green Lantern. I never even noticed.
    yeah, i didnt realize it either until they said so. the only time you can really tell are in high octane action scenes like when hes jumping off cars or swinging in the air

- - - Updated - - -

you got the post-production photos or even the concept art for it approved by feige himself? Pop em up, I wanna see em
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Beyond The Trailer review of the costume.

Yup, coming from a woman.... But seriously, the most iconic thing about Capt Marvel is the fact that her costume is probably the most revealing costume in all of comics. Blah, blah, blah....

carol in the comics was originally a us air force pilot and later an agent of shield.

i could easily see the green outfit being a kree soldier uniform, and later she changes the colours to more americanish colours since shes a soldier

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    Yup, coming from a woman.... But seriously, the most iconic thing about Capt Marvel is the fact that her costume is probably the most revealing costume in all of comics. Blah, blah, blah....
    carol hasnt worn her old costume for literally over half a decade now and hasnt been seen wearing it since her name change.

shes been in some variant of these 2 costumes since they changed her name and started promoting her as a mainline mainstream book
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she is mostly known for her Warbird costume to most people, the costume, I too prefer...

as said it's what she is most notable for. And it's still my favourite. I like the sash personally

Captain Marvel recently became very unlikable due to the Civil War 2 event last year, so she is going into this movie during some really bad writing in her books. So the books have got some work to do in a year to clear her reputation among Captain Marvel fans. But those that don't read the comics or know Captain Marvel, I guess they wouldn't care so much. They just want to see a good movie.

I think the movie will still do well, it will be Marvels first female lead movie so that will garner some popularity, publicity and interest. I mean Brie Larson herself is a great casting choice for Captain Marvel. As long as the costume still doesn't look like some weird jump suit when it comes out. I personally still think it'll look fine by the movies release :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-01-28 at 04:47 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    but ms marvels old costume isn't even that reveling.