Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Elune is a Celestial/Astral Goddess

Elune is a true deity. She is the polar opposite of a Void Lord. I think that Elune (Mu'sha) represents/is an extension of the feminine half of the all-binding spirit energy of the cosmic primordial sea of Light (what the Tauren call the "Earth Mother) that predated the known universe (the male half being An'she). It seems that her influence is shown in not one, not two, but THREE cosmic forces in the Great Dark: Light (Holy), Life (Sun/Moon), and Order (Stars). These are what I call "Celestial" magic (closer to spirit), where the forces of Disorder, Death, and Shadow are already known as "Sacrificial" magic (closer to decay). She has connections to both the Titans and the Naaru, and the evidence is everywhere!

Out of the 5 Pillars of Creation made by the Titans, the Tears of Elune is the only Pillar not named after a Titan. It could have been called the Tears of Eonar and its purpose would have fulfilled the same role, but it wasn't. We even see the planet that Eonar's spirit is residing on is called "Elunaria"

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Elunaria

Cementing her connection to the Naaru is Light's Heart reacting to the Tears of Elune. While this is still conjecture, it pretty much confirms her involvement in the creation of the Prime Naaru. She even has a priesthood that wields holy magic in her name.

Elune communicated to the Dark Trolls that settled along the Well of Eternity, a body of water steeped in arcane energy, that was made by the Titans. The moonwells that are used by both druids and priests are hallowed repositories of the Well of Eternity. They seemingly use a combination of Light, Life, and Arcane magic as a part of their very nature.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Moonwell

The Moonkin/Wildkin/Ownkin are creatures that have very close connections to Elune. Balance druids transform into these creatures to gain more astral power, achieving a "balance" of Nature and Arcane magics from the Light of the Sun and the Moon.

I see Elune as being a deity that's closer to mortals and reality than her male counterpart, An'she (or whatever his actual name is... probably something related to the sun like Sol... or Solmir?... yes... that works). Anyways, she's the light in the -midst- of darkness. She wants to protect Azeroth from falling to the Void, so she exerts her influence not the through the direct light of the star itself (An'she), but a reflection of that light from the moon. She gives us balance and hope in the scary, dark night that would grip us in fear. Perhaps An'she might end up being our penultimate enemy before the Void Lords. I know players are itching to fight a faction of fanatical Naaru that want us obedient and stagnant in our love of their Holy Light. Perhaps An'she is completely blinded by the eternal conflict between Light and Void and only knows this conflict above all others. Maybe as players we'll have to deal with an antagonistic version of the Army of the Light and ultimately we'll prove ourselves to An'shee similar to how we prove our worth to Odyn. An'she might see us as beings that will ultimately help the Void Lords, but we prove to him otherwise.

Anyways, that's my head-canon. What do you think of my hypothesis about the true nature of Mu'sha/Elune, as well as An'shee being a possibly enemy down the line?
    Last edited by RedFenix; 2018-01-28 at 12:00 AM.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Tom Bombadil

10+ Year Old Account
    Elune is the Tom Bombadil of WoW and should stay that way.
    That is the perfect analogy and I couldn't agree more... Tolkien was intentionally vague despite how meticulous he was in establishing the story of Middle Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Bombadil
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly just always thought of her as a "Mother Nature" sort of Deal.

Deleted
    Interesting theory! But I don't think Elune will be a enemy in the future expansions. If anything, we will find out how to connect/interract with her and perhaps get a helping hand against the void lords!

this is blizzard we're talking about idk if they can resist revealing the mystery of elune to us and ruining it in the process

Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    Interesting theory! But I don't think Elune will be a enemy in the future expansions. If anything, we will find out how to connect/interract with her and perhaps get a helping hand against the void lords!
    I don't think Elune will be a future enemy, but her male counterpart, An'shee.

I'm down with this theory.

That being said, I hope Blizzard never fully reveals what Elune is. I think the mystical part of her makes her all the more interesting. Maybe give a hint here or there, but never a true reveal.

Deleted
    Being a paragon of all three schools of this charts makes Elune not equal to a Void Lord, but more.

Void lords are manifestations of Void itself. But who represents Disorder, Death AND Void?

Blizzard has ripped off Tolkien enough. Even though I'm not exactly against this idea, it'd still be kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Blizzard has ripped off Tolkien enough. Even though I'm not exactly against this idea, it'd still be kind of annoying.
    Well, as of now "She" is more or less kind of Tom. Seemingly allmighty, but doesnt care mutch about anything. But when she does, ...oh boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Perhaps An'she might end up being our penultimate enemy before the Void Lords. I know players are itching to fight a faction of fanatical Naaru that want us obedient and stagnant in our love of their Holy Light. Perhaps An'she is completely blinded by the eternal conflict between Light and Void and only knows this conflict above all others. Maybe as players we'll have to deal with an antagonistic version of the Army of the Light and ultimately we'll prove ourselves to An'shee similar to how we prove our worth to Odyn. An'she might see us as beings that will ultimately help the Void Lords, but we prove to him otherwise.

Anyways, that's my head-canon. What do you think of my hypothesis about the true nature of Mu'sha/Elune, as well as An'shee being a possibly enemy down the line?
    It all sounded plausible until here. At this point it was just a rehash of Sargeras, Void Lords drive all powerful good guy mad, he builds an army and goes on a crusade until we stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Being a paragon of all three schools of this charts makes Elune not equal to a Void Lord, but more.

Void lords are manifestations of Void itself. But who represents Disorder, Death AND Void?
    My theory is Sargeras, who is already dubbed the "Dark Titan" and is able to command MORE than just Fel, will become the very thing he sought to prevent. I envision a Titan that's under control of the Void Lords would represent the cosmic Sacrificial magic overtaking the Celestial magic in the universe, essentially becoming the...

God of Twilight.

Twilight magic seems to be an amalgamation of the entirety of cosmic forces, but enveloped mostly in shadow. It's been the most powerful magic we've seen thus far, as per evidenced by the difficulty the Dragon Aspects were having in the Dragon Soul raid. We'll probably see it again before this game is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I forgive you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    My theory is Sargeras, who is already dubbed the "Dark Titan" and is able to command MORE than just Fel, will become the very thing he sought to prevent. I envision a Titan that's under control of the Void Lords would represent the cosmic Sacrificial magic overtaking the Celestial magic in the universe, essentially becoming the...

God of Twilight.

Twilight magic seems to be an amalgamation of the entirety of cosmic forces, but enveloped mostly in shadow. It's been the most powerful magic we've seen thus far, as per evidenced by the difficulty the Dragon Aspects were having in the Dragon Soul raid. We'll probably see it again before this game is over.
    It makes more sense to me that Sargeras was once a light infused Titan. The pantheon isn't all pure arcane. Some of them have afflictions. Eonar has a life affliction. Sargeras altered his holy affliction to a fel one after falling.

If any Titan is going to become the Void infused it's Azeroth. Then, perhaps we add the light as well and create this Twilight form you speak of.

Titans are pure Arcane
    Demons are pure Fel
    Wild Gods are pure Life
    Naaru are pure Light
    Void Lords are pure Void

Death is the only one that hasn't been even mentioned. This one is the most mysterious to me. Perhaps they're tied to the hell that Arthas and Sylvanas went to?

Intentional ambiguity can sometimes be the worst storytelling mechanic one can think of. That is how most of the bad DnD campaigns work and that is how WoW used to be like before Chronicle came out.

In the majority of situations, it looks like a sophisticated way to justify the writer's laziness to fully flesh out the universe they are trying to portray.

If the conception of the WoW universe is explained in lore (aka conflict of Light and Void), then I don't see why Elune should remain a mystery.

But... Sunwalkers and Sunpriests channel the power of An'she to wield light.

Unless you're saying that either An'she is a lie and sunwalkers and sunpriests are deceiving everyone with the light powers which is actually some form of sacrificial magic strain, or that An'she, which is only known of and named through Sunwalkers and Sunpriests, isn't actually the An'she we know.

If Elune is a celestial god and has a counterpart, it is not An'she.

i dont think something as a small as the sun is the counterpart of Elune, Elune is this all mighty goddes that predates the titans and can do all sort of things. Also why would the sun be evil, let alone selfaware

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    It all sounded plausible until here. At this point it was just a rehash of Sargeras, Void Lords drive all powerful good guy mad, he builds an army and goes on a crusade until we stop him.
    It would be the polar opposite of Sargeras, actually.

Sargeras wants to end the Eternal Conflict between Light and Shadow by destroying the universe and remaking it in his image. An'she would blindingly want that conflict to continue for all of eternity because he sees no flaws in the current cosmic system that makes up our reality. He would be holding onto that belief since the cosmos began, unlike Sargeras who changed his views after his long vigil in the Great Dark fighting Demons and Old Gods drove him crazy.

Completely different motivations and viewpoints.