Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    I'm really sad about this. Looking at the model viewer on wowhead, apparently they jsut dapted the animations from the night elves for the nightborne, wich is really lazy. I can udnerstand using the same animations for like, Highmountain taurens, not much differentiation going on there, but damn with the nightborne? They are so culturally distinct from the night elves and pretty different aestetically too!
    I'm sure i saw unique animations for Zandalari trolls so there's that, but at the moment at least all i see is lazy work for the nightbornes since when you play a different race such as they are, you want it to animate and act differently as well.

I dont want to play a nightborne in Night elves cosplay wtf is this.
    I mean, you yourself compared the Highmountain and Horde Taurens, saying "not too much differentiation going on there". I say the Highbornes and Ally Night Elves have "not much differentiation going on there"...they are a reskinned Night Elves...

None of these allied raced are going to have unique animations, it takes far more work to make these. Even most of the new NPC's use skeletons from older models, like the thin humans using the female forsaken skeleton.

7+ Year Old Account
    i hope they also use the same deathscreams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KevtheWise View Post
    I mean, you yourself compared the Highmountain and Horde Taurens, saying "not too much differentiation going on there". I say the Highbornes and Ally Night Elves have "not much differentiation going on there"...they are a reskinned Night Elves...
    They are different from the night elves jsut as mucha s Blood elves are different from the night elves. AM i the onyl one who played their story or what.

This is what all the allied races are. They're new racial variants built upon the existing assets the game already has, allowing the devs to produce far more of them than if they'd built new races from the ground up.

In other news, Blizzard also slapped the Night elf animation on the Zandalari.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait is the viewer working now? Last I heard it didn't actually work and they just stuck on the animations from their parent race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Also Blizzard specifically said they weren't sub races:
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that"
    -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A
    My point is that the allied races are a variation of the existing races.

Mountain Dwarves - DI Dwarves -> Dwarves
    Blood Elves - Void Elves -> Thalassian Elves
    And so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demox View Post
    You've been on this site for 5+ years, what is with this childish ass argument you're trying to make? How old are you? It's five god damn years and you think 8 year old child argument of "well if this that, then this is that" is acceptable.
    You understand that is exactly how you replied to the originalk post right?
    Also The nightborne have pretyt much the same differentiation from lore prospective as the blood elves from the night elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    My point is that the allied races are a variation of the existing races.

Mountain Dwarves - DI Dwarves -> Dwarves
    Blood Elves - Void Elves -> Thalassian Elves
    And so on.
    SO when they going to add new allied races do you think they will old re use old animations of older race? is this the point we reached? i don't think so. Plus the nightbornes are the more distinct race among all of those, and if you think they are just reskinned night elves we've been playing 2 different games

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    People do know that the wowhead's modelviewer is bugged right? It doesn't give you the correct animations for NB.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    allied races aren't meant to have unique animations
    Actually they are, at least for combat.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The point of allied races is to use skeletons from existing races
    You're the only one who can't understand the point of allied races.
    So you're just the one guy that Blizzard hired to explain what their view of what allied races are, or?
    Their description seems to be mostly just a race that you unlock through recruitment on a character.

"ALLIED RACES
    Experience Azeroth as one of Battle for Azeroth’s new six playable Allied Races. Earn the respect of the Nightborne, Lightforged draenei, and other noble allies, and you’ll unlock the ability to create new prestige characters of that race.

Once an Allied Race is recruited, you can rediscover Azeroth through a revamped leveling experience featuring zones that scale as your character grows in power. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set—a lasting symbol of your dedication."

BTW every playable race uses the same skeleton. Here's a link so you can learn more about that: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-One-Skeleton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    In other news, Blizzard also slapped the Night elf animation on the Zandalari.
    they seems differnt to me, ont he model viewer at least

I'd have liked to see them have a few different animations, but it's no big deal. Obviously the whole point of having 6 Allied Races (with probably more to come) is that Blizzard doesn't have to invent whole new animation rigs for each and every one of them, as opposed to completely new races where it would be an expectation.

At least the females seem to keep the different stance that they have in Legion. I liked it far more than the default Night Elf posture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    People do know that the wowhead's modelviewer is bugged right? It doesn't give you the correct animations for NB.
    Can you show me the correct animations then? i cannot find it anywhere else

SO when they going to add new allied races do you think they will old re use old animations of older race? is this the point we reached? i don't think so. Plus the nightbornes are the more distinct race among all of those, and if you think they are just reskinned night elves we've been playing 2 different games
    You even wrote the word. ALLIED RACES. Not RACES. Why can't you understand that these two aren't the same thing.

Also The nightborne have pretyt much the same differentiation from lore prospective as the blood elves from the night elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Difference in looks doesn't necessarily follow a difference in culture.

Split a group of people or even a population of animals into various places, and they will likely change different amounts. One might be identical to the original group, one might end up completely different. One might just look different, while another just acts different.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

- - - Updated - - -

If they are going to add more allied races than yes i do believe that they will use the animations of an older race because thats how its work for every current announced allied race. Now if we got a regular race that doesnt share the same skeleton as a already playable race than I expect them to have new animations

Using a pre-existing race's skeletons saves blizzards hundreds if not thousands of man hours that would normally be spent creating and rigging a brand new skeleton with its own set of animations from scratch.

This is the tradeoff and what is essentially allowing them to give us 6 new 'subraces' which is something that the community has been requesting for ages and ages.

Given that they've also said they will be adding even more allied races in the future I'm more than willing to live with allied races sharing existing animation skeletons with some current races, especially since now it means, for example, that people can play with Blood Elf and Night Elf animations on whichever faction they choose.

yes, i know they all use the same skeleton, it's fruitless to say "they use the night elf skeleton for (insert animation here)", they use night elf skeleton for most of their stuff.

Also, yes they're meant to reuse skeletons they stated at blizzcon they can pump em out faster without new ones.
    There is no "Night Elf Skeleton" They all use the same one. They use their ANIMATIONS. This is not the same thing.