Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Tokens will sky rocket
    Yeah they will! Bought $60 worth and added to my bnet over the past month just for this reason.

I bought up a few tokens to get a bit of Bnet balance in preparation. The token prices are going to skyrocket.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They're already way too expensive. 280k gold? No thank you.
    That must be EU cost...NA cost is around 172K right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Predicting some marketing along those lines if it happens soon :

"Pre-Order and unlock Allied races, and early beta access"

"also unlock the Seabraid stallion/Zandalari Raptor mounts, exclusive Hearthstone card back/Starcraft II Icons, for the Deluxe edition"
    no chance in hell they're giving beta access with preorders

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    no chance in hell they're giving beta access with preorders
    They did before with Diablo3 Annual Pass, not the same terms, still "sold" beta that way, as part of a package.

Of course the main selling point was different back then (agreement to stay subbed 1 year for free game+mount+early beta access).
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-28 at 05:31 AM.

They did before with Diablo3 Annual Pass, not the same terms, still "sold" beta that way, as part of a package.

Of course the main selling point was different back then (agreement to stay subbed 1 year for free game+mount+early beta access).
    and they said they regretted it, which is why they're not doing it again.

Heritage armor + allied race leveling would tide players over

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If they were going to wait until the 8.0.1 pre-patch to give us access to the Allied races that don't require BFA content to unlock- so, Nightborne, Void Elves, Lightforged, and Highmountain- then there would have been no reason to have all of the data for them in the 7.3.5 patch. I think it's safe to conclude that they intend to give us access to those four allied races before the BFA prepatch- which could be at any time now.
    Except Demon Hunter assets were part of the main client during WoD as well.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Requiring people who buy it from 8.1 onwards to get Legion achievements to unlock races doesn't seem right. So I'd say pre-order unlocks them with the achievements, no achievements needed after it launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    And Demon Hunters only required you to get 2 levels to start playing in Legion, Allied races will require 90 levels to start BFA content.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrenk212 View Post
    And Demon Hunters only required you to get 2 levels to start playing in Legion, Allied races will require 90 levels to start BFA content.
    The point I was trying to make was that the person I quoted was erroneous in thinking allied races will come before 8.0 just because the assets did. DH assets were in the game during 6.2 and were not available before 7.0.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

To my memory, Demon Hunters were available only after the Legion pre-patch hit live servers, and only appeared in assets on the live client at that time- the pre-patch with DH assets went live July 19th, but DHes were only made available August 9th. Perhaps this is what you are remembering- the period where the pre-patch was on the PTR, and the period where it was live, but DHes weren't available?

We certainly didn't have DH assets in the live client before Beta testing even began. That's a HUGE difference, and a very clear indication that these races are intended to be live much sooner relative to expansion release than DHes were.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Anyone pre-ordering this expansion might have learning difficulties. It's obviously filler and I wouldn't get too excited about a couple of reskinned mounts.
    How nice of you. /s
    Also, just to be technical, there are more than a couple reskinned things in every definition of the word.

The point I was trying to make was that the person I quoted was erroneous in thinking allied races will come before 8.0 just because the assets did. DH assets were in the game during 6.2 and were not available before 7.0.
    I mean, DH coming before prepatch wouldn't have made sense since we were still in WoD content. But, the 4 Allied races have to do with Legion, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get them way before prepatch. You're comparing a class relevant to the expac it's released with to races that have to do with the expac we're currently playing btw.

Yeah, looking more into it, all I can find in reference to Demon Hunters and Legion in 6.2 are the Collector's Edition pet and mount, strings for the pre-order advertising Legion and Demon Hunters, and the Murkidan Blizzcon reward pet. I don't see anything in any news posts regarding PTR testing for 6.2 to indicate that DH class assets were added prior to the Legion pre-patch. If you know of a source that shows what I'm not finding, I'd love to see it?

5+ Year Old Account
    I trust Mr.GM's source, not going to get my hopes up but pretty much expecting it. It would be logical, and i think everyone is perfectly ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by swaggers View Post
    Requiring people who buy it from 8.1 onwards to get Legion achievements to unlock races doesn't seem right. So I'd say pre-order unlocks them with the achievements, no achievements needed after it launches.
    They're like psuedo hero classes. You need to do something to play them. I think they'll reduce the requirements over time, but nothing beyond that.

So, a little allied race preview posted by MMO-Champ today. Maybe 1 each of the next 4 days, leading up to the pre-order tuesday and release of those 4 races? Hmmmmm.

Predicting some marketing along those lines if it happens soon :

"Pre-Order and unlock Allied races, and early beta access"

"also unlock the Seabraid stallion/Zandalari Raptor mounts, exclusive Hearthstone card back/Starcraft II Icons, for the Deluxe edition"
    I don't think they're going to do "beta access" again after the MoP catastrophe and vagueness
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    So, a little allied race preview posted by MMO-Champ today. Maybe 1 each of the next 4 days, leading up to the pre-order tuesday and release of those 4 races? Hmmmmm.
    Don't keep your hopes up. Mind you, I want it as much as everyone else! I just wont keep my hopes up to then get super disappointed. :<
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar