Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mindflayers. Why did it have to be mindflayers?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    That's all a matter of taste.
    I think both factions get cool allied races and mediocre ones.
    But remember: What you don't like, might be the absolute dream for someone else.

I for one think void elves and lightforged are pretty boring, but I'm completely hyped about Dark Irons and possibly Kultiran Humans while 2 of my mates wont stop talking about how amazing Void Elves and Lightforged are.

And if you don't like any new race on the Alliance, maybe you should try out Horde for once. This might be a cool new experience, as there is a lot faction exclusive content.

As for Teldrassil: You have just had an expansions with heavy Night Elven themes. There are zones, dungeons, items, visually upgraded buildings, multiple factions, a raid, major questlines and even a cool new class that are all about Night Elves.

I know that doesn't give you Teldrassil back, but why don't you try to see all the cool new stuff that you got instead of a few losses?
    Yes, it's a matter of taste. I'm just really disappointed, but then again this expansion has been absolutely spot on for my taste(Legion), and if it's something Blizzard has been brilliant at, it's addining variety. Next expansion doesn't offer parts of the story I have any particular interest in, but it's in contrast to the one we have now... which will probably catch on to many of those who didn't like what we have now. If you read just above the post you qouted, I said I was really amazed by the new models, and don't think I've ever been as impressed as I was now. I'm just outlining some points that are important to me, and some that aren't possible or realistic to fix. I have followed this game since 2006, and noticed Blizzard is really good at listening to their players. They can't please all, but they do take a lot into consideration, and many fan concerns, or wishes, has been added to the game in some form or another through the years.

And yeah, I do have some horde characters. I level some from time to time, but I'm not catching the appeal. A friend of mine is the other way around. He feels horde at heart, and can't catch on to Alliance, though he plays both factions as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Hey, no worries. I think I get where you're coming from, even if I don't necessarily agree all the way.

I don't know if I find most Horde stories very interesting either, but overall I like the willingness to have them do bad things and argue with one another. You never really see anyone on the Alliance disagreeing, and if they do, it's not for very long. The night elves and everyone else just unquestioningly salute their human High King and that's that. I wish the faction had more internal tensions and culture clashing going on, which is partly why I'm so in favor of the snakes going blue team. There's a lot of ways night elves could do cool things in different stories, but instead they always seem relegated to getting thrashed then saved by humans in the end. It's a far cry from War3, and I'm foolishly hoping the burning of Teldrassil sparks some ferocity back into them. It'd be cool to see them win again, at least.

I'm at least looking forward to seeing what the surviving Moon Guard get up to in BFA, if anything. One of them mentioned possibly rebuilding the order, and that'd give night elf mages a way more solid base to stand on than they currently have. The Moon Guard also came with some cool architecture, and I'd like to see their place in the world explored and expanded on as the story moves forward. Same with night elves themselves, really. They've lost a lot, I want to see them take revenge and rebuild for a change.
    Building the Moon Guard back up would be amazing.

As for what you say about the nighteleves might be exactly what catches me, though I don't necessarily see that myself. I'm a very calm person IRL, I don't understand anger and aggressive behaviour, so obviously that doesn't quite catch me in games either. We do need some tension to keep stories interesting, but me picking a rather calm race in the middle of a war makes sense that way.

Deleted
    I am very pleased to see they are updating visually the models for older zones as well. In my opinion it is a shame to let the older zones be forgotten. Since it is a subscription based game all of the game should be updated visually. If you ask me zones can be included one by one in the small patches. With world quests, pets, mounts, and other stuff. Even if its an older zone it would still be new content. Call me nostalgic, call me dumb, but i would love to return to Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor for different purposes besides nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    >That feeling of wanting Vulpera as a race choice.

Blizzard... I will give you money to make it happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    >That feeling of wanting Vulpera as a race choice.

Blizzard... I will give you money to make it happen!
    The last time we wanted a cuddly race (Pandaren) people couldn't shut up about how WoW is becoming Kungfu Panda, if we get Vulpera everyone won't shut up about how WoW is becoming Zootopia.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin...

Lion shoulderpad, another lion shoulderpad, lion chestpiece, lion helm, lions on his mount.
    Jesus fuckin christ, we get it! he is of stormwind.

Sylvanas, Saurfang, Genn, all those guys' armor look exactly like the cinematic.
    Anduin on the other hand looks like he is wearing fake PLASTIC armor made by Fisher Price.
    ___

Jaina looks like she has no eyebrows.
    ___

The so called "thin" humans, look more like "pathetic" humans.
    What kind of horrible posture is that??
    ___

Female Zandalari looks like Merilyn Manson.
    Not sure if good or bad.
    ___

Sethrak...
    You'd think if any race would have tails instead of legs, it would be this one.
    But no, lets give snakes legs.
    Btw, it looks ridiculous either way.
    ___

Vulpera...
    Those tiny-fox-people look more serious than the Sethrak. Imagine that!
    ___

All the beasts and mounts look incredible! omg.
    ___

"pirate baron" WTF is this?! looks terrible.
    ___

Quillboar. Next alliance allied-race? would be awesome! (but first, wildhammers)
    ___

i'm in love with the "stone constructs".
    ___

Tortollan...
    In soviet Russia, WoW copies from Hearthstone.
    ___

Everything Zandalari look amazing. I seriously consider playing Horde in BFA.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-01-27 at 02:18 PM.

Woah, for a "filler" expansion they're sure going all out on not only giving new and amazing models for future content, but also updating the old world mobs!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    The last time we wanted a cuddly race (Pandaren) people couldn't shut up about how WoW is becoming Kungfu Panda, if we get Vulpera everyone won't shut up about how WoW is becoming Zootopia.
    So let those manchildren bitch and whine. It shouldn't limit what Blizzard does with the game.
    And people thinking the Pandaren are all "cuddly", should really try to open their eyes and see what the race has been through and achieved.

The larger females look like a crossbreed between dwarves and humans.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we sure they are updating old models??

Or are these just model for the new zone/s??

Cuz I LOVE Those horses - all the animals have so much more depth and texture! That I have a hard time believing that now "all horses" are going to look like those or all animals are going to get changed.

I'm thinking its just in the new zones (like new horse mounts and not changing old horse model...?) Much like in Northrend we got different horses; but it didn't go back and change all past horses.

(Using horses as just one example out of those animals of course - all of those look so much better! Even the new prairie dog (though I don't want to lose the dead-dolls-eye stare! I can't make JAWS references if I do...) =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Anduin "Jong-un" Wrynn

Hyenas look amazing. Updated Quillboar a pretty damn cool too

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    That's all a matter of taste.
    I think both factions get cool allied races and mediocre ones.
    But remember: What you don't like, might be the absolute dream for someone else.

I for one think void elves and lightforged are pretty boring, but I'm completely hyped about Dark Irons and possibly Kultiran Humans while 2 of my mates wont stop talking about how amazing Void Elves and Lightforged are.

And if you don't like any new race on the Alliance, maybe you should try out Horde for once. This might be a cool new experience, as there is a lot faction exclusive content.

As for Teldrassil: You have just had an expansions with heavy Night Elven themes. There are zones, dungeons, items, visually upgraded buildings, multiple factions, a raid, major questlines and even a cool new class that are all about Night Elves.

I know that doesn't give you Teldrassil back, but why don't you try to see all the cool new stuff that you got instead of a few losses?
    Really feels like horde is getting 2 close to brand new races while alliance is just getting recolors. I feel bad for alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    That new Jaina Model...
    I wonder why shes wearing a gauntlet on only one of her hands? Wonder if something happened to her hand, or if its just cosmetic design...?
    I assume she's right handed, so that's her sword arm. The sword arm is the one closest to the enemy so it's the one that gets the armour.

You can see it on Renaissance style armour when guns began to be a thing. Armour was reduced to just the vital areas, mainly a breastplate and the sword arm.

Does anyone know what was the first build that was datamined in legion, I don't remember it have anywhere near this volume of models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Don't care. Want Vulpera. Bring on the WoWtopia!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Bloody furries.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Does anyone know what was the first build that was datamined in legion, I don't remember it have anywhere near this volume of models.
    BfA seems to be much further along than Legion was. Maybe we can expect a sooner release? They have been very quick with patches lately.

Deleted
    Male Zandalari trolls have nightelf male animations.. NO NO NO NO NOOO

I see a lot of alliance complaining and I want to say something

You guys and girls need to realize that Alliance has always had better looking races. Horde with upright Orcs, Zand Trolls and Nightborn got hooked up this expansion but it was much needed. There were way too many Blood Elves and this is really going to add much more variety to the Horde. Blizzard nailed it. However, more will be added and I’m sure when Alliance is blessed with humans that have different body types and the other apparent Alliance allies that will come down the road, the tone will change again. But most of the forums was flooded with begging for Blood Elf model on Alliance a la High Elves. Now that you go what you wanted it’s become a complaint that we got cooler allied races overall. Well, think about what you were asking for without really thinking of something awesome to give Horde except Ogres which was comical.

Come on. Be fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I was hoping this horse would be the BFA pre order mount, but I guess it's just Anduins mount, disappointed.

I think it'll look quite close to that though, just different coloration and an anchor instead of a lion, perhaps?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raigdar View Post
    Male Zandalari trolls have nightelf male animations.. NO NO NO NO NOOO
    Not only, some are unique that the night elves dont have. They always shared some nelf animations.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Are we sure they are updating old models??

Or are these just model for the new zone/s??

Cuz I LOVE Those horses - all the animals have so much more depth and texture! That I have a hard time believing that now "all horses" are going to look like those or all animals are going to get changed.

I'm thinking its just in the new zones (like new horse mounts and not changing old horse model...?) Much like in Northrend we got different horses; but it didn't go back and change all past horses.

(Using horses as just one example out of those animals of course - all of those look so much better! Even the new prairie dog (though I don't want to lose the dead-dolls-eye stare! I can't make JAWS references if I do...) =D
    Their track record shows that when they update an old model, all in game models get updated too. The TBC lizard things and non epic kodo mounts & wild kodos are the ones I can think off immediately. Given that, I'd say the non epic horse models will be updated as well, same with all the barrens wildlife that seem to be returning in zandalar.