View Poll Results: Tortollan for Alliance or Horde?

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • Alliance

47 60.26%
  • Horde

31 39.74%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Tortollan Allied Race- Alliance or Horde?

We know very little about these guys, however with what we do know and can infer what faction do you think these guys belong in?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanz View Post
    We know very little about these guys, however with what we do know and can infer what faction do you think these guys belong in?
    Could go either way.

My first thought would be Horde, since they are close culturally, being on the more tribal/primitive/shamanistic side. But if Vulpera are Horde, I could see Tortollan going Alliance, and as a counter point, they would bring a unique culture to the Alliance, because the Horde already has plenty of the tribal/primitive vibes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both. /10pandaren

I could see Tuskarr going Horde while the Tortollans go Alliance.

I wanted to vote for 'neither'. The concept of a turtle race is cool, but this race is not one I'd ever want to play as. No thanks.

And you can take my opinion seriously, I mean, look at my avatar. It goes without saying that I like turtles.

I'd vote Horde, their culture seems very shamanistic and nature oriented, it doesn't seem like they'd be at home with the Nelfs or worgen parts of the Alliance's 'natural' races.
    Twas brillig

I would think alliance mostly because the alliance needs a more diverse group of races, other than just more humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I would think alliance mostly because the alliance needs a more diverse group of races, other than just more humans.
    So take Ethereals, one of the arakkoa variants, some furbolg, and Jinyu
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I could see Tuskarr going Horde while the Tortollans go Alliance.
    I REALLY hope Tuskarr go Alliance, I really want to play them, so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So take Ethereals, one of the arakkoa variants, some furbolg, and Jinyu
    I don't care about turtles and would probably never play that myself, I mostly think the alliance needs a better selection of diverse races. You should focus on races that are currently datamined though instead of random suggestions, although with the shell I don't think they will be playable for armor purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    I REALLY hope Tuskarr go Alliance, I really want to play them, so bad
    Tuskarr belong on the Horde! Take Quillboar, Furbolg, etc... But Tuskarr belong on the Horde, their view of magic as a natural part of the horde is just what we need.
    Twas brillig

I do hope that Vulpera will be added to the Horde, then the Tortollan can be a good addition to the alliance side, since it will add alot of diversety between the races of the Alliance, then just different styles of one hooman.
    And then each side got a brand new "animal" race, so it ain't more or less on either side. Taataa!

Although, both of their current models arn't thaaat good as playable races, and gonna need some serious remodeling to stand up the fidelity. The Tortollan's eyes are painted on him(her?!) directly. Not to mention that, ehum, hrrmm, how is the armor gonna fit when the Tortollan already have an armor?!

Regardless, hopefully they will be an allied race, and join the Alliance to give more diversety, I would roll one in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Tuskarr belong on the Horde! Take Quillboar, Furbolg, etc... But Tuskarr belong on the Horde, their view of magic as a natural part of the horde is just what we need.
    Blood elves belonged on the alliance if you are trying to fit similar themes while keeping the factions exactly as they are. Blood elves were a good edition to the horde because they were so different from what the horde was. It's better to put a race that is able to diversify the faction more with themes that aren't really present, this stagnation you want is rather boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I could see them being neutral becuase i think their faction in BFA is neutral, would suck for the horde to take up another Zandalar race since sethrak and vulpera are already leaning horde. So Neutral preferred but alliance if not, i think the alliance could use a race on Zandalar.
    Sethrak aren't leaning Horde. The Horde is going to be fighting them because they are causing problems for the Zandalari.

As for the OP, I'm not sure! I think we need to see more of their culture and personalities before we can make a judgement one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Blood elves belonged on the alliance if you are trying to fit similar themes while keeping the factions exactly as they are. Blood elves were a good edition to the horde because they were so different from what the horde was. It's better to put a race that is able to diversify the faction more with themes that aren't really present, this stagnation you want is rather boring.
    I'm suggesting Tuskarr because they're NOT stagnation, they're similar enough to fit, but their view of magic as a natural part of the world ties together the casual-magic views of the Belfs and Nightborne, with the shamanistic views of the rest of the Horde.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    I like turtles.

But these guys don't look cool enough. If they become playable then I might make a monk turtle just for the hell of it.

They do not belong in the Alliance, they look... different, let the horde have em so that we may slaughter them and make soup.

Deleted
    Too cute for horde. But it would be cool to make them playable for both factions.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we have a bigger chance of the Sethrak being playable on the Alliance wich is what I personally would want than Tortollan plus their model looks like a pain to work with even if you could have a underwear model.

7+ Year Old Account
    eh... i prefer the sethrak for any faction than the turtles.

Formerly known as Arafal