Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How would you change pvp loot in BfA?

What kind of loot system do you want to see in BfA?

It's time to offer up suggestions. Big shortcoming in Legion was the PVP gear distribution system.

========

========

========

PROBLEM:
    Acquisition of gear is the strongest incentive for players in WoW. The Legion system didn't hook players.

========
    SOLUTION:

1.)
    Raise the ilevels with the patches. When new raids or M+ caps go up, so should the pvp rewards. Getting better rewards from world quests over rated pvp content these last few months was a problem.

--

2.)
    Instead of Full RNG loot partial RNG obtainable from different sources is an option.

It's similar to current M+ and Raids loot structure and it allows players to target gear.

Different content has a chance to drop gear like:
    • Necklaces - obtained by Skirmishes
    • Rings - obtained by PVP World Quests
    • Trinkets - obtained by PVP Scenarios
    • Capes, Wrist, Hands - obtained by Random BGs
    • Shoulders, Belt, Boots - obtained by Rated Arenas
    • Head, Chest, Pants - obtained by Rated BGs

Higher ilevel gear could be obtained by completing daily/weekly incentives attached to each of the previously mentioned. Such as the weekly 2s honor cap quest or the daily random bg. Continue to allow players to "bonus roll" when said quests are completed makes it exactly like M+ and Raids. This system also favors warforged, socketed, titanforged fishing which means more playability.

--

3.)
    Keep the vendor allowing you to exchange unwanted pvp gear for currency. In legion this is the obliterum forge-echoes of battle system. Let us buy specific gear with a currency earned by getting rid of unwanted gear.

Adding jewelry and trinkets to the vendor is also a good idea. That way the pvp system matches the legion nethershard/veiled argunite vendors gear you earned from world content.

--

4.)
    Weapons (imo) should be the week-to-week system similar to raid lockouts and the weekly M+ chest. You should be able to exchange your earned currency (honor, exchanged gear, or something) for a weapon(s) each week. ilevel depends on the previous week's rating or total participation. To prevent abuse, this weapon should not be able to warforge, socket, or titanforge.
    Last edited by twistedmynd; 2018-02-09 at 04:08 AM.

1. remove templats
    2. bring back pvp gear
    3. make pve gear shit for pvp
    4. offer pvp gear for currency without rng

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    1. remove templats
    2. bring back pvp gear
    4. offer pvp gear for currency only gained by PvPing, and all of it without rng
    fixed. /10chars
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2018-01-27 at 11:46 AM.

1. remove templats
    2. bring back pvp gear
    this

and down the output melee damage

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    It's time to offer up suggestions for BfA. Big shortcoming in PvP for Legion was the gear distribution system.

========

PROBLEM:
    Acquisition of gear is the strongest incentive for players in WoW. The Legion system didn't hook players.

========

I'd say casual pvp like duels, world pvp, and battleground being garbage were bigger reasons.

I'd just make pvp gear purchasable again.

bring back pvp damage trinkets.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-28 at 12:43 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I'd say casual pvp like duels, world pvp, and battleground being garbage were bigger reasons.

I'd just make pvp gear purchasable again.

bring back pvp damage trinkets.
    The biggest thing was the gameplay just being pruned to the point of being stale.

My largest annoyance in pvp this expansion was not being able to duel properly. every other expansion, if you wanted to improve you'd spend your time outside the major hubs, dueling other like minded people, working on what to do with x or y class. It helped you get better as a player. With the world pvp being so vastly different from instanced pvp, you could no longer do this.

Sure balance was screwed up (it always is), abilities were pruned (not great but happened many times before), you could go on about the gearing be rubbish (it was and is). But for me, i miss being able to practice 1 vs 1 against other classes.

Gear shouldn't be a thing in pvp. Only skill should matter.

So I'd remove all pvp loot and use fixed pvp templates.

People doing pvp just to acquire pvp gear as fast as possible in order to roflstomp players with no pvp gear have no place in this game. Incentive to pvp should be titles, mounts, achievements or skins, but not gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

People doing pvp just to acquire pvp gear as fast as possible in order to roflstomp players with no pvp gear have no place in this game. Incentive to pvp should be titles, mounts, achievements or skins, but not gear.
    Skill where is no aim, low skill ceiling or any balance at all, seems legit. I bet you can also propose to add roll of the dice to cs/quake games, same level of idiocracy.
    Last edited by Loxotron; 2018-01-30 at 09:12 AM.

I agree that the Legion full RNG loot distribution doesn't hook players targeting specific gear.

Perhaps make it more like M+ and Raids? RNG loot but predictable sources that drop particular loot:

The gearing system in WoD wasnt broken. In fact, after more than a decade, it was near-perfect.

Gear was pruchaseable with currency, and available from drops in a few spots for extra chances at gear (Tremblade kill, 3 RGB wins, etc).

Honor gear was easily acquired with just a few hours work, Conquest gear was accessible even to casuals (First win every day + Ashran quest + 4 other random BG wins got you the cap), and the variable iLevel made it excellent for PVE as well - until the last season (which had no matching raid tier, so it caught up to HFC Normal) - PvP couldnt be used to gear for PvE effectively, but it was high enough iLevel to do daily quests.

WoD did a lot of things wrong, but the gearing system was as close to perfect as WoW ever got.

So id just go back to that.

Perhaps how it was in wotlk: normal raid wep items require 1800 rating, heroic raid wep items require 2200

Deleted
    I agree that the Legion full RNG loot distribution doesn't hook players targeting specific gear.

Perhaps make it more like M+ and Raids? RNG loot but predictable sources that drop particular loot:
    Good idea actually if you remove rated battlegrounds out of it, or make those things available through arena OR rbg's.

That would make things work similar to tbc where you bought certain things with honor and certain items with conquest.

You do realise that the change on pvp in legion was done cause whiny little bitches that started the expansions after 5-6 months or at the mid were crying in the forums that they cant beat people who are playing since the start of the expansion. Dont expect much to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Templates should be flexible, you should be able to "reforge" them (aka, your crit/mastery piece give your template crit/mastery boost, instead of being an ilvl stick), gear should be valuable in pvp. If i want more haste on my toon i should be able to get it (not in sense of jumping from 20% to 50% haste, but in sensible manner). I don't think that in legion gear acquisition was a problem, because gear didn't matter, you didn't worked towards gear, you worked towards ilvl
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. remove templats
    2. bring back pvp gear
    Listen to these kind of people, blizzard, they're smart and know what WoW Is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

Don't listen to people like this, Blizz they're crazy and casuals.

You can't ever make WoW PvP about pure skill, unless you revamp the entire game so please, stop arguing that point.
    But you can try make wow balanced-ish enough with gear sets, high end gear sets that you don't have to change every 5 minutes for a new gear piece that drops from a loot box after you maybe win a BG. Yes, you don't get a "Loot box" guaranteed after you win a BG, what an Incentive - and that's the problem Inin of Itself, random gear drops.

Like the first guy said, no templates, high end pvp gear back, pve gear should suck for pvping and currency to buy high end gear pieces you still don't have via random loot drops by winning BGs/Arenas, simple, as that.

If It aint broke too much, don't fix It. And It worked so far, but some smart asses thought templates would be better.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Some random boxes are okay as long as you can purchase any item you want with PvP currency. Also some upgrade tokens for PvP gear might be nice (im getting 900ilvl gear while all my pieces are 915+, so its just a transmog gear for me). Those upgrades should be equal to atleast what you get from PvE catch up mechanics.

Also template scaling your actual stats instead of giving you some predefined stats is 100x better. Its stupid to go from raid to BG and suddenly you cast something half second longer.

Templates are okay, gear does matter a lot (I think 10% difference in stats is huge tbh), a little tweaks like above are needed.

I'd say bring back pvp gear and have the currency for it through honor like we did in TBC. But a bonus in honor for doing objectives in battlegrounds or some sort of multiplier two examples,

1) Honor is cut in half prior to a cap. At first cap it's normal rate, 2nd cap its 2x the rate / value.

or

2) If the enemy team caps, you take honor at reduced value. You cap it and it switches

It might sound shit, but far to many people go into battlegrounds just to farm kills instead of doing the objective. This way, people who want to farm hks or honor efficiently need to be part of the game or it's a waste of their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's time to offer up suggestions for BfA. Big shortcoming in PvP for Legion was the gear distribution system.

========

PROBLEM:

========

Simple, go back to honor as currency system. PvP = earn honor = use honor to buy gear from a PvP vendor. Can have Elite PvP gear only accessible to those with over 2k rating like we have now.

Edit: Could also have different gear pieces only unlockable after a certain rating. ie rings/jewelry can be accessible in any rating, then 1k raiting for armor, 1.5k for weapons. 2k for Elite armor and like 2.3k for Elite weapons, etc. Numbers not final, they are just to give you an idea.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-02-02 at 09:08 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

1. remove templates
    2. bring back pvp gear
    ^ this. signed