Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    "Project Titan".
    Did they announce "Project Titan" in Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Won't happen before Bfa, maybe during content draught on Bfa. Period.

no. That makes 0 business sense.

for several reasons.

1) They are not going to release classic to deter players from their current expansion. Regardless of state.

2) They will use Classic to attract returning players prior to BFA to entice them to try the new expansion.

3) They will use classic and BFA to pad their subs now, not later.

in addition. They would have never announced classic at blzzcon if they did not already have a proof of concept or working alpha

No expac has ever take n longer than one year to release form announcement for blizz in the last 7-10 years.

There is no reason to believe this will be any different.
    Last edited by Wellzy; 2018-01-28 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post

for several reasons.

1) They are not going to release classic to deter players from their current expansion. Regardless of state.

2) They will use Classic to attract returning players prior to BFA to entice them to try the new expansion.

in addition. They would have never announced classic at blzzcon if they did not already have a proof of concept or working alpha

No expac has ever take n longer than one year to release form announcement for blizz in the last 7-10 years.

Gotta agree with that one, as far as business goes, launching classic first would be the smarter thing to do.

Also, yes, I have feeling that they started working on classic a long time ago (probably at least months before the announcement).

7+ Year Old Account
    We will get classic wow in 2018. Dont listen to all those 2019-2020 release trolls.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post

for several reasons.

They've never re-released Vanilla before, either. No reason to believe it will be the same.

You have a lot of "evidence" but no proof.

1/2) It seems likely Classic server access will be free with current retail subscription. This negates both your first two points (as you're being "enticed" to the same thing - a WoW subscription, regardless of which game, or both, you're wanting to focus on)

3) They don't release sub numbers anyway, what's there to pad ? It's about revenue - and, again, likely Classic's #s will be lumped in with retail's revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Dont listen to all those 2019-2020 release trolls.
    *reads your post*

*reads your signature*

*re-reads your post*
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I'd like it to come sooner but at Blizzcon it genuinely sounded like something that wasnt even started yet.

Not sure why they would be lying about that, the hype would be much bigger if they said "its gonna happen pre summer 2018"

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'd like it to come sooner but at Blizzcon it genuinely sounded like something that wasnt even started yet.

Not sure why they would be lying about that, the hype would be much bigger if they said "its gonna happen pre summer 2018"
    Yep, if it were this close we'd be hearing a ton more about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yep, if it were this close we'd be hearing a ton more about it.
    Not necessarily.

Remember all the noise when classic was announced? The internet went crazy for a few days. BFA is still the product they need to promote the most,financially-speaking.

Classic is a particular case: they don't necessarily want to promote it, or they don't even need to, while BFA is the continuation of the current product = the game that lives on, and that has to be supported at all cost, technically speaking, and marketing-wise.

Between Asmongold giving a few hints the last 10-15 days, and all these leaks, I can't help but think that it would make sense for classic to come way sooner than expected.

I'll wait anyways. If it has to come soon, then we'll obviously know soon. If all of this was just bullshit, well it doesn't really matter, I'll just go back to waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    Not necessarily.

Remember all the noise when classic was announced? The internet went crazy for a few days. BFA is still the product they need to promote the most,financially-speaking.

Classic is a particular case: they don't necessarily want to promote it, or they don't even need to, while BFA is the continuation of the current product = the game that lives on, and that has to be supported at all cost, technically speaking, and marketing-wise.

Between Asmongold giving a few hints the last 10-15 days, and all these leaks, I can't help but think that it would make sense for classic to come way sooner than expected.

I'll wait anyways. If it has to come soon, then we'll obviously know soon. If all of this was just bullshit, well it doesn't really matter, I'll just go back to waiting.
    I mean, ultimately of course it all remains to be seen. But, assuming they both share the same subscription - what's the difference which they market ? Or if it did matter, wouldn't it make sense to focus on whichever is coming first, and then pivot after ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I mean, ultimately of course it all remains to be seen. But, assuming they both share the same subscription - what's the difference which they market ? Or if it did matter, wouldn't it make sense to focus on whichever is coming first, and then pivot after ?
    I think people are wrong to assume that they're automatically going to make people pay in a certain way, we don't know what their plans are concerning this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    I think people are wrong to assume that they're automatically going to make people pay in a certain way, we don't know what their plans are concerning this yet.
    Do you think any other model makes better sense ?

They're not going to do a full separate sub fee . B2P is an option but you know there will be massive "but I already bought Vanilla" complaints.

Them sharing one sub fee accomplishes what is clearly one of the goals of this, from a business perspective: to bring former players back to a sub fee and potentially get them to buy new retail xpacs. Separate sub fees would, yes, bring them back into the revenue fold - but it doesn't make it more likely they buy new xpacs.

Yes, it does remain to be seen - but ... do you think any other model makes better sense ?

I would assume they'll tie the sub fee for classic and modern together for the reason listed above, if it covers both there isn't a payment wall between them which they likely think would draw classic players to modern.

I have no interest in modern wow, as most of the people coming back just for classic probably don't, but their shareholders don't understand this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    I would assume they'll tie the sub fee for classic and modern together for the reason listed above, if it covers both there isn't a payment wall between them which they likely think would draw classic players to modern.

I have no interest in modern wow, as most of the people coming back just for classic probably don't, but their shareholders don't understand this.
    But they don't lose anything with trying, either. It just makes sense

Deleted
    Could be possible and I would love to believe it.
    A beta will not necessaryly mean a fast classic release but answers to questions and I guess classic will need an extended beta to determine which patches, what changes should or need to happen, how does a broader verience of people react on that.

I could totally see blizzard using the beta to invite a very diverse bunch of people to minimize the echo chamber that forums are concerning this topic to get atleast an idiea how the overall interested playerbase feels about all of these questions. So a sooner but longer beta phase doesn't seem unlikely.

It certainly keeps my hopes up, but:

Be realistic, without any sources, without any evidences we rely on believing, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    One guy takes an extended talking selfie and another guy makes a YouTube.

Just wait for Blizzard for fuck's sake. They'll announce an alpha, a beta and a release date months ahead of when it actually drops.

Months.

Summing up: People with YouTube channels looking to gin up some viewers don't know much, if anything, more than anyone here.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-01-28 at 08:17 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

That's from the same leak that thinks the red dragonflight would side with the same faction that has the dragonmaw orcs in it. I take it with a shaker of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still betting on Classic being released on the fifth Tuesday of Jan '18.

That was such a waste of time to watch. Where is the source the guy got from the video? Sounds like this guy is completely unreliable if he doesn't post anything on it. Same with OP for relaying videos like this and being so unreliable with sources.

I'm all for having classic come out as soon as they can finish it but irritating the fans with false information and having them angry with Blizzard when it doesn't come out sooner is an awful thing to do. It will make people impatient and there's been plenty of bad situations with this in the past.

Anyone speculating a release date is doing just that, speculating. There's no proof, there's absolutely nothing that hints at a release date that is backed by Blizzard.

Wow.

Such credible information and sources.

wow.

Not, not really. What the fuck is this? Oh, just another youtuber with the clickbait for some free hits? How interesting.

The reason I think they are further ahead than the community believes is this from an interview:

"What are the big issues that you're going to need to face here? You mentioned during the presentation that the server infrastructure that was there originally, is no longer in place. In fact, the way the game was programmed at that point must be wildly different to today. What else is there?

J. Allen Brack: You've highlighted the big ones. Before we started work on this project, we couldn't actually run vanilla WOW."

So they've reprogrammed some of Vanilla and got it running on the new infrastructure.

What people forget is that the content design is done, that's not where the challenge lies.