Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I did say something about it. Those casuals who stopped playing Destiny 2 probably liked it and will buy Destiny 3.
    Just a claim without any backup.

Hence why I asked you to define dissatisfied. All you have is a decline in DAU, inevitable I might add. You must prove it is purely due to dissatisfaction, after you define what it is.
    Destiny is a multiplayer focused game, at heart it even wants to be a looter shooter and hence a long term hobby. If people just play through the story and find nothing to do at max level and leave after just two weeks there is something seriously wrong with the game design. Sure Bungo has the money and they obviously do not care, but it affects the likelyhood of future purchases. Reddit, official forum and press were full of D2 shortcomings like no other game (maybe No Mans Sky). Absolutely everything points to dissatisfaction. You can say you do not believe it but that is just your opinion and nothing else. Looking at the grand picture tells another story. You have absolutely nothing to contradict this thesis.

A general drop in player activity is normal but not at this rate. You may provide sources with other succesful AAA games that focus on multiplayer and worse drops to prove everyone wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Destiny 3 will show you the way

Destiny is a multiplayer focused game
    Nope. You don't need other players to play Destiny. You need others to do group content. And you don't need to many of them. And you are not a casual if you do group content.
    , at heart it even wants to be a looter shooter and hence a long term hobby.
    And it is for a fraction of hardcore players who are liking it as it is.
    If people just play through the story and find nothing to do at max level and leave after just two weeks there is something seriously wrong with the game design.
    There's plenty to do at max level. If you like what there is. Casuals are not interested though.
    Sure Bungo has the money and they obviously do not care, but it affects the likelyhood of future purchases.
    Reddit, official forum and press were full of D2 shortcomings like no other game (maybe No Mans Sky). Absolutely everything points to dissatisfaction.
    Dissatisfaction of a small but very vocal fraction of players.
    You can say you do not believe it but that is just your opinion and nothing else. Looking at the grand picture tells another story. You have absolutely nothing to contradict this thesis.
    You have no thesis to begin with. Only speculations.
    A general drop in player activity is normal but not at this rate.
    The rate is fine. Some free to play games would kill for Destiny 2's retention numbers.
    You may provide sources with other succesful AAA games that focus on multiplayer and worse drops to prove everyone wrong.
    SW Battlefront 1/2? For Honor? Division?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Nope. You don't need other players to play Destiny. You need others to do group content. And you don't need to many of them. And you are not a casual if you do group content.
    That is just your opinion, nothing else. With your "reasoning" WoW or Diablo aren't multiplayer focused games either. You are really making yourself a fool here.

There's plenty to do at max level. If you like what there is. Casuals are not interested though.
    If there was why is just a minority still playing the end game? Oh right, you explain everything with casuals, even though a vast amount of former D1 players left the game.
    Everything the base game had to offer could be completed/done/collected in just 2 weeks. How is that plenty to do? And if the hardcores are interested in the end game as you imply (just the casuals arent) why are exactly these hardcore players complaining in all boards?

You have no thesis to begin with. Only speculations.
    You have nothing to begin with. All you did was come into the thread claim that people complaining are in the minority, got proved wrong and now tries to act all high and mighty without proving anything. Even without sources and figures you don't even have reasoning on your side.

The rate is fine. Some free to play games would kill for Destiny 2's retention numbers.
    Compared to what, you still wont provide any useful comparable figures.

SW Battlefront 1/2? For Honor? Division?
    You are still missing actual sources and figures.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is just your opinion, nothing else. With your "reasoning" WoW or Diablo aren't multiplayer focused games either. You are really making yourself a fool here.
    It's a looter game. It's grind focused. Multiplayer is just an option. Same for Diablo. WoW is a MMO. Your strawmen are sily.

If there was why is just a minority still playing the end game? Oh right, you explain everything with casuals, even though a vast amount of former D1 players left the game.
    "Vast amount" is not a number you know.
    Everything the base game had to offer could be completed/done/collected in just 2 weeks. How is that plenty to do?
    Grind obviously. It is a looter. Is it not?
    And if the hardcores are interested in the end game as you imply (just the casuals arent) why are exactly these hardcore players complaining in all boards?
    Strawman again. Not all hardcore players. Those who like destiny 2 play it, those who don't bitch about it.

You have nothing to begin with. All you did was come into the thread claim that people complaining are in the minority, got proved wrong
    In your dreams maybe.

Compared to what, you still wont provide any useful comparable figures.
    Compared to what free to play games have to deal with. Obviously. DUH.

You are still missing actual sources and figures.
    No, I'm not, You are. Go google. You asked only for games.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...pdate_1302018/

Patch is out, and it came with a surprising 20% drop in XP required for bright engrams.

Except...

Some players are noticing that DIM is displaying the XP needed to level went from 160K to 240K, despite it supposed to having dropped to 120K. Initial thoughts was DIM was simply still doubling the XP through the API and it was a DIM issue but folks are noticing slower gains and that their XP gained in-game isn't double on DIM.

Oh joy : |

https://i.imgur.com/C57V4f5.png

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except...
    *returns to having a great time in Monster Hunter*

10+ Year Old Account
    In another reality D2's next expansion has a pre-order queue like BfA does!

Welp, first word was it was an API bug, bug folks continued to pester because they were noticing it wasn't.

Apparently they checked again and a "server flag" was left on affecting in-game experience gains, in addition to the API being buggy with the experience shown. Everything was fine on their test server, but the flag wasn't on there and they didn't turn it off on their live servers.

As fucked up as it is to write, thank goodness very few folks believe Bungie anymore otherwise this may have lasted for far longer than it actually did.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._240k/dthtuje/

Lol, are they able to deliver a patch without messing up something? This affects me very partially given how my gameplay is events 3x heroic strikes and maybe some casual pvp just for the engram then logout.

I lost any tangible hope to do nightfalls and raids because there's no sane way to find a group to do them.

EDIT: with new update and masterwork armor, now the Celestial Nighthawk helm has way diminshed usage. It's damage power stays untouched, but since you blow up your super immediately, the whole masterwork armor effect is useless. So i just run Nightstalker now because edgy.
    Anyway, i found that they changed the special for the exotic hand cannon legs - precision hits refill your sheathed hand cannon chamber. Doesn't matter the weapon you use to trigger the hits. If you run dual hand cannon setup, you're basically swappong weapons and never reload all the time, which is way more engaging than any other exotic i have found.

NOW i want a Crimson.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-01-31 at 08:14 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Whelp, Since I bought the game I was only able to play maybe a few times a week so I didn't get the chance to raid or do any strikes, I had fun leveling my characters and enjoyed the light level chase but I finally stopped playing.

I'll likely just stop following the updates to the game and maybe attempt to play again in a year or so, if the game doesn't hook me back in i'll likely wont come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    NOW i want a Crimson.
    No you don't, it's not that good of a weapon. Waste of an exotic slot, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    No you don't, it's not that good of a weapon. Waste of an exotic slot, IMO.
    Well, it's just better than Better Devils, and given masterwork weapons it's actually interesting if it's worth using an Exotic weapon at all.

Anyway, suggestions for exotics that are a must-have?

Well, it's just better than Better Devils, and given masterwork weapons it's actually interesting if it's worth using an Exotic weapon at all.

With D2, there really aren't any exotics that are "must-have". Bungie really watered down the whole exotic thing with the sequel, making them weaker and less desirable than they were in D1. With the addition of masterwork stuff, exotics became even less relevant.

Exotics are pretty much only used for those times when you want to fiddle with the unique perk they have just to mess around. Other than that, you're almost always better off going three masterwork weapons for maximum orb generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Exotics are pretty much only used for those times when you want to fiddle with the unique perk they have just to mess around. Other than that, you're almost always better off going three masterwork weapons for maximum orb generation.
    Ok then, i'm still omw to get the three masterworks i want (better devils, uriels gift and a random sword because fuck yeah swords). I'm running with lucky pants and a double hand cannon setup is awesome, but it's just better to have something more long range for other stuff.

I assume this will change with masterwork exotics.

Sunshot, Hardlight, Sweet Buisness, MIDA multi-tool, Coldheart/Prometheus Lens, The Wardclif Coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sunshot, Hardlight, Sweet Buisness, MIDA multi-tool, Coldheart/Prometheus Lens, The Wardclif Coil.
    Ok, i miss only Sweet Business and Coil.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me:
    Best looking: Jade Rabbit
    Most used: Prometheus Lens (PvE)

Ok, i miss only Sweet Business and Coil.
    I would say, from my experience, that best ones are probably Sunshot and MIDA multi-tool. Sweet Business is also very, very good if have exotic chest piece as a titan.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46611

And holy shit...they're legitimately keeping up the improved communication. CM's have been more interactive and responsive, we had the roadmap update yesterday that was nice, now we get actual details on upcoming changes from the sandbox team? And they even look pretty good?

I'm cool with this continuing, even if we're still working our way back to Destiny 1 levels of quality. Glad to see Bungie finally starting to act like they give a shit and actually do work while in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46611

And holy shit...they're legitimately keeping up the improved communication. CM's have been more interactive and responsive, we had the roadmap update yesterday that was nice, now we get actual details on upcoming changes from the sandbox team? And they even look pretty good?

I'm cool with this continuing, even if we're still working our way back to Destiny 1 levels of quality. Glad to see Bungie finally starting to act like they give a shit and actually do work while in the office.
    Good. All it took was Luke smith leaving to work on the inevitable train wreck of Destiny 3 1.0