Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Trump doesn't pass the bills, that is the job of the legislative branch. However, lets give you a pass and focus on the number you are quoting... Sure, one, if you ignore the other 116 bills he's signed.

As far as what is counted, in the US, you might want to check those facts as well.
    This is common with the Trump haters. They have a short or narrow memory when it comes to him. Like now, even some of the Trump supporters are upset over his offer to help the DACA kids to achieve a path to citizenship. He spoke of having compassion in some situations dealing with illegal immigrants during his campaign. As a veteran, his bill to help speed up VA disability claims has helped a lot. I know this for a fact being involved with one personally and doing a lot of research on the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No doubt but take out the first year, which if you are not a total obama hater, was an exceptional outlier of a year that really should not even be considered part of his performance just as this full year should not be counted for trump.

even without that year he is still below average but not as horrible considering the GDP average

its interesting almost every chart has post ww2 even though the data is available for GDP before that.... if we were going to really look at obama's performance vs past presidents we should be looking at presidents during recessions vs his performance

Well, history will not be so passionate. Obama's legacy when it comes to the GDP is written in stone. He is one of the worse in the history of the US's GDP records. Trump's is yet to be written. And I am not a Obama hater. I voted for him in his first term election.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is common with the Trump haters. They have a short or narrow memory when it comes to him. Like now, even some of the Trump supporters are upset over his offer to help the DACA kids to achieve a path to citizenship. He spoke of having compassion in some situations dealing with illegal immigrants during his campaign. As a veteran, his bill to help speed up VA disability claims has helped a lot. I know this for a fact being involved with one personally and doing a lot of research on the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, history will not be so passionate. Obama's legacy when it comes to the GDP is written in stone. He is one of the worse in the history of the US's GDP records. Trump's is yet to be written. And I am not a Obama hater. I voted for him in his first term election.
    Obama is beating trump in every stat though...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Obama is beating trump in every stat though...
    Is? You mean did. His days are over. Trump is still in the process of writing his legacy for history. I predict it will be very easy to beat Obama's GDP legacy. Get back with me 3 years from now and if I am wrong, I will admit it.

Is? You mean did. His days are over. Trump is still in the process of writing his legacy for history. I predict it will be very easy to beat Obama's GDP legacy. Get back with me 3 years from now and if I am wrong, I will admit it.
    Obama is beating trump in every stat currently... Jobs, deportation, growth, pretty much everything and I doubt it trump just an opportunist. He's just hear to waste time that could be spent fixing real issues.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-28 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama is beating trump in every stat currently... Jobs, deportation, growth, pretty much everything and I doubt it trump just an opportunist. He's just hear to waste time that could be spent fixing real issues.
    Obama had 8 years to get his stats. To be fair, you have to as a min give Trump a full term in office. One stat which Trump is already beating Obama on is unemployment rate for African Americans reached it's lowest in 45 years under Trump. Same for records for women and Hispanics. Of course the Obama supporters will say that is because of what he did. But yet they want to blame Bush for what he did during his first year or two. lol.

So see, it depends on which side of the fence you are on. He has already fixed several issues if you are on the supporter side of the fence. I mean, go ahead and vote Democrat this Sept and against Trump in 2020 if he runs. And I am serous, people who can vote here, should. Having a high voter turn out is good for the country. The sad truth is, too many young voters bitch and yet do not vote.

Obama had 8 years to get his stats. To be fair, you have to as a min give Trump a full term in office. One stat which Trump is already beating Obama on is unemployment rate for African Americans reached it's lowest in 45 years under Trump. Same for records for women and Hispanics. Of course the Obama supporters will say that is because of what he did. But yet they want to blame Bush for what he did during his first year or two. lol.

So see, it depends on which side of the fence you are on. He has already fixed several issues if you are on the supporter side of the fence. I mean, go ahead and vote Democrat this Sept and against Trump in 2020 if he runs. And I am serous, people who can vote here, should. Having a high voter turn out is good for the country. The sad truth is, too many young voters bitch and yet do not vote.
    Why are you trying focusing on records rather than the who had the bigger decrease? Anyone can come in and take credit for something that was already happening which is all trump does. You're such a brown nosier you can't see that.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-28 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer to focus on overall unemployment which shrank faster under Obama than Trump. Why make it race specific.
    Because it matters to them and is a vital point. Poverty related crimes is based on not having a job. Unemployment among the minority groups in the US have been at a dismal high too long. It is improving under Trump. But yeah, it is common to focus on what we want to hear. :P

Because it matters to them and is a vital point. Poverty related crimes is based on not having a job. Unemployment among the minority groups in the US have been at a dismal high too long. It is improving under Trump. But yeah, it is common to focus on what we want to hear. :P
    If he's continuing a trend at a slower rate than a previous president that's not a good thing. Records don't mean anything what matters is the percentage decrease per term because anyone can come in and take credit for a record but not every can get the same growth. You're brown nosing and desperate. It shows man and it sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he's continuing a trend at a slower rate than a previous president that's not a good thing. Records don't mean anything what matters is the percentage decrease per term because anyone can come in and take credit for a record but not every can get the same growth. You're brown nosing and desperate. It shows man and it sad.
    What? Lol! He is not, that was the point. The rates for them is down a lot from what they were under Obama.

And do not resort to insults or our debate and any future ones will be over.

What? Lol! He is not, that was the point. The rates for them is down a lot from what they were under Obama.

And do not resort to insults or our debate and any future ones will be over.
    Ill explain this slowly Obama inherited a terrible economy with a much lower employment rates. He needed to fix and if he did a better job than trump it will show up in the rates. The black unemployment rate fell by 1.9 in 2015 under Obama but Trump only got 1.0. He's just an opportunist whose slowing down trends but your such a cuck you don't see it.

I insult you because i think your kind of a brown nosing trumplet and it's sad.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...record-decline

“From January to December 2017, the unemployment rate among black Americans fell 1 percentage point,” Bump explains. “During the same period in 2016, it fell the same amount. In 2015, it fell 1.9 points. The previous year, it fell 1.5 points. The year before that, it fell 1.8 points.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill explain this slowly Obama inherited a terrible economy with much lower employment rates. He needed to fix and if he did a better job than trump it will show up in the rates. The black unemployment rate fell by 1.9 in 2016 under Obama but Trump only got 1.0. He's just an opportunist whose slowing down trends but your such a cuck you don't see it.

I insult you because i think your kind of a brown nosing trumplet and it's sad.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...record-decline
    Ok , hope you enjoy your life and stay safe. Our discussions are done.

Ok , hope you enjoy your life and stay safe. Our discussions are done.
    I hit a nerve and you didn't discredit anything in my post but that's mmo champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    In 2016, the unemployment rate in Canada was at around 7 percent.

US unemployment rate is 4.5% or so.

How does Canada calculate unemployment though because our way doesn’t tell the entire story

- - - Updated - - -

No he is one of the worst since ww2. if you go to the records before that, he is not even close to the worst. Its funny how that little * is next to every one of these GDP reports. Effective reports date back to 1929 and it was way worse back then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    How does Canada calculate unemployment though because our way doesn’t tell the entire story
    Really? So how do we calculate unemployment in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Not too hard when your first year you inherit a -2.8% vs a +2.4%. That is a 5 point head start in his first year....lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Seems Canada is doing great, has Trudeau also prepared some program for the coming of AI and improved digital impact on the job market? Just out of interest since my country really is behind on that.
    Nope. Automation is swiftly replacing jobs in Canada, unemployment will rise among the lower skilled work force which will eventually be a burden on us economically. For now, it's on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    In spite of trump would be the better statement. After all he passed one whole bill in his (nearly) a year. What impact it'll gave is anyones guess. Does Canada include part time jobs in their jobs report or just full time like the U.S?
    You do know that we count part time in the US numbers right?

- - - Updated - - -

How in the world is he beating Obama. He dropped the rate by 1%, last year obama dropped it by 1%. So far total from 13.7 percent to 7.8 percent has not been "beaten"

at best his first year TIED obama's last year and lost to every other year other then his first.

No he is one of the worst since ww2. if you go to the records before that, he is not even close to the worst. Its funny how that little * is next to every one of these GDP reports. Effective reports date back to 1929 and it was way worse back then

- - - Updated - - -

Really? So how do we calculate unemployment in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Not too hard when your first year you inherit a -2.8% vs a +2.4%. That is a 5 point head start in his first year....lol
    People who have been looking for a job for a year and can't find one aren't considered unemployed.

There's also the long term unemployment rate (27 weeks or something)

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    People who have been looking for a job for a year and can't find one aren't considered unemployed.

There's also the long term unemployment rate (27 weeks or something)
    That is not true at all
    as long as you have actively looked for a job in the last 4 weeks you are unemployed and included. No job 4 years, but you are still looking...included.

if you gave up looking you are put in different classifications of marginally attached to the labor force or Discouraged workers.

https://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#employed

Who is counted as unemployed?
    People are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that we count part time in the US numbers right?

- - - Updated - - -

How in the world is he beating Obama. He dropped the rate by 1%, last year obama dropped it by 1%. So far total from 13.7 percent to 7.8 percent has not been "beaten"

at best his first year TIED obama's last year and lost to every other year other then his first.
    Oh in a lot of things. lol! I do not have time to list them all. And just a reminder, it is hard to beat a President when the economy is doing really well. Even with scandalous Bill Clinton, he was popular because the economy was doing so well. People like to have a job and pay bills. Trump won because a lot of voters in the rust belt, knew things were not as rosy as the Democrats tried to paint it. And of course, because Hillary sucked so bad. " Going to put a lot of miners out of work" and " The 50% deplorable s". lol!

If you look at the map, soon Canada will be part of the USA. YAY!. Canada has benefitted extremely from the us military spending, they have been nurtured like little babies. Or have they been fattened up like Hansel and Gretel?