Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    There is no logic between the lore of TBC and Legion. It is full of retcons. Blizz completely ignored those things when they made Illidan and Velen good friends.
    What I said is the current main canon storyline and Velen cooperated with him regardless, since he saw the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    If she knows about it, she probably would. She's a vindictive cunt like that.
    I have little doubt she would try if she could, especially with the Nightborne having gotten her message loud and clear that they weren't welcome in her holy presence and joined the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    If she knows about it, she probably would. She's a vindictive cunt like that.
    I could not wrap this up better than that. LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    To be fair, everyone in the Horde is shit.
    Ah yes. That is "fair" indeed.

Tyrande also cooperated until the end. And what I said was that Velen regretted that he abandoned his people on Argus but he suddenly treats Illidan like a good friend, the same Illidan that did those things you mentioned to his people and his friendly behavior doesn't make sense, at least to me unless you consider most of the crimes Illidan did in outland retconned. Working alongside each other is one thing and having a friendly relationship is another matter.
    It makes sense considering Velens character he is extremely forgiving.

Hopefully she'd do it with all the blood elves, undead, nightborne and all the other kin inside. Then Blizzard can have our character go and have a drink with Saurfang and call Rexxar for a pint in Orgrimmar. Have the Horde be what it is supposed to be.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-28 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    We don't know anything about Elune to conclude that she is always the goddess of peace but we know that she is also a warrior type deity. You expect Tyrande to simply forgive the Nightborne because she is a priestess but keep in mind that forgiveness cannot happen without the other side regretting or apologizing.
    "Strongly associated with healing, tranquility and harmony, the moon goddess Elune has been revered by the night elves and several other races since the earliest ages in Azeroth's history." Elune is a goddess of peace, but not a pacifist - her face as the "Night Warrior" isn't about violence or revenge, but rather protection and the transport of the valiant to "the stars." I also don't expect Tyrande to forgive the Nightborne for their roles in the War of the Ancients, but I *do* expect her to temporarily set aside such grievances and not allow them to color her efforts when dealing with those who are suffering and dying at Legion hands. That is in keeping with her role as a priestess of a deity whose portfolio emphasizes peace, harmony, charity, and protection.

People like to exaggerate Tyrande's behavior in Suramar. Nightborne turned their back to the whole world to save their own selves. However Tyrande appeared in Suramar and she was cautious. She even mentioned that after legion's defeat they would see where Elune's wisdom would guide them which means that she would forgive them however the Nightborne didn't seem to regret abandoning their own people in WotA. If Elune wanted Tyrande to show sympathy and compassion to Nightborne she would have done it.
    I think the guidance of Elune, were Tyrande of a mind to hear it, would be to let go of 10,000 year-old sentiments and judge the people and the situation for what it was - holding onto old pains serves no one's cause. Sadly, it is something of a Night Elven folly to allow the past to define them so, as they lived in relative stasis during the Long Vigil and are only now having to come to grips with once more living in the moment and taking part in the shaping of Azeroth's future. This is a moment where Tyrande definitely backslid into antiquated ways of thinking - and it served neither hers nor the cause of the Alliance to do so. Essentially, she made yet another enemy where she could've preserved a friend.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Then the lives of those who were killed and tortured by Illidan really didn't matter to him but the lives of those on Argus who were killed and tortured by Legion do and this makes sense!

Interesting that some people blame those who don't forgive in an instant and do not blame those who make mistakes and do not regret from their them.
    You operate on the assumption that being forgiving or vindictive or genocidal, heroic etc. makes a good/bad character it does not. I can tear into every last character, every last race and point out what stupid decisions they made. They simply are what they are and their actions have consequences, fact is Tyrande isn't forgiving and as a consequence the nightborne don't bother with the Alliance, both have different perspective and both have reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No Illidan enslaved many of his people and used them as fodder in his war against the legion. Without remorse, going so far to sacrifice all the draenei souls in Auchindoun to open a portal, we didn't even use in the end. There was a very valid reason for bad blood, he did far worse to Velen than anything the nightborne did to the night elves.
    Except leaving them for dead in the war of the ancients.

They used the pillars of creation to close the legion portal at the temple of elune and then hid themselves away from the world.

They selfishly saved themselves and said F*ck everyone else.

They basically were fine with everyone dying but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Except leaving them for dead in the war of the ancients.

They used the pillars of creation to close the legion portal at the temple of elune and then hid themselves away from the world.

They selfishly saved themselves and said F*ck everyone else.

They basically were fine with everyone dying but themselves.
    And in the process saved everyone on the planet and they didn't go out of their way to harm anyone else, they simply made a cowardly choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    She wouldn't because lorewise she isn't like that. In the game even weaker. She couldn't hurt a fly except when it would sit on Malfurion.
    I agree with this. Only righteousness of the goddess and Malfurion ever cause her to act. Besides Night elves despise mana addiction, they aren’t about to destroy the one thing that isnsure to save all night elf kind from said addiction. Remember the Arcand’or is the work of night elves designed to cure the addiction that the Queen and highborne succumbed too, but was unsuccessful till we help Farodin. It cures the addiction in to the arcane in all night elf kind. Nightborne and night elf alike. She won’t destroy it at all.

The closest you might argue is that she may cease it from the nightborne, but that sort of vindictiveness is not her character, nor one of a holy warrior of the goddess.

She would do so if Elune told her to.

Tyrande does not "snap". Did you even play Legion? In Val'sharah she saw one of the most beloved zones of her people rot around her, Malfurion taken away, Ysera corrupted, Xavius laughing into her face...did she "snap"? No. Not even close. When forced to make a decision she let Malfurion go and went into battle against Ysera instead, killed her....and even in the light of this outcome did not "snap".

I don't get how someone can even come up with such a topic after Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    The Arcandor is well protected behind a united Suramar. And the Broken Isles has a large Horde presence with both Suramar and High Mountain. I suggest the Alliance stick to their temple of Elune and not poke their heads out from the trees.
    Does that even matter? Nightborne only need eat once and they are cured and the source of their corruption is no more. They won’t need it for long. The night elves on the hand...

as she is now, no, I don't think she's a monster.

After the burning of Teldrassil, all bets are off. You saw what happened to Jaina.

Oh hell....

What if Malfurion dies?

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-01-28 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I want to say no, I really really want to say no, but some Night Elves just can't seem to let things go. I get that it's a perspective thing, they've lived millenia, but...come on. It's been 10,000 years, longer than entire civilizations on Azeroth, and Tyrande can't get over the thing with the Nightborne. I wish I could say it was just her, but we also had Fandral who went coocoo for cocoa puffs because a satyr used the ghost puppet of his son, who died ~1000 years ago. In that same vein, we also had Leyara who went batty, and burnt people alive, because her daughter, who was ~1000 years old and still referred to as a 'child', was killed in a conflict.

I'm sure, in story, the regular common Night Elves probably don't give a world tree about it, but not the big names, no no.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They never found it because they were cooped up in Suramar up until we came to the Broken Shore.
    I mean, there's a WQ where they're literally right beside Meredil looking for Thelyssra, so they weren't really far off.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why the Alliance wouldn't do it as a tactical choice.

If we break it down... the Arcandor produces very few fruits at a time... which is the only way to relieve the nightborne of their addiction. There are probably tens of thousands of nightborne; until the fruit can get around to all of them, they have to rely on arcwine or ancient mana.

Destroying the arcandor would ensure their continued addiction and, effectively, put a major dampener on their war efforts.

The arcandor isn't particularly well defended (it's in a cave) and the alliance know exactly where it is. Why not destroy it?

The horde have certainly shown no qualms in utilizing eldritch powers or employing heinous weaponry, so they can't claim so "moral highground." It would be the alliance making a tactical decision to put a major hindrance on an enemy force that used the Alliance for their own gains and then declared the Alliance their enemy.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I mean, there's a WQ where they're literally right beside Meredil looking for Thelyssra, so they weren't really far off.
    game scale isn't the real span of the game.

To clarify, zones are compact in the game, where as in lore it takes a month to cross the barrens.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-01-28 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The more I think about it the more I'm freaked out at that possibility of Malfurion dying and pushing Tyrande over the edge from my previous post. Doesn't he seem like exactly the sort of person to go out in some heroic blaze of glory, using his powerful druid abilities to contain the fire long enough for the other night elves to escape?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The more I think about it the more I'm freaked out at that possibility of Malfurion dying and pushing Tyrande over the edge from my previous post. Doesn't he seem like exactly the sort of person to go out in some heroic blaze of glory, using his powerful druid abilities to contain the fire long enough for the other night elves to escape?
    I recently started another worgen toon and Malfurion was strangely missing from the welcoming party, once you reach darnassus it was rather odd.