Poll: Should Blizzard remove boost from their game?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Always love forum logic. "LEVELING IS TOO EASY MAKE LEVELING HARDER". "OH THEY'VE MADE LEVELING HARDER IT MUST BE TO SELL MORE BOOSTS DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR."
    You know that it's different people who complain about those things right? Different people like things different ways, and people only go to the forums when they're unhappy about something, so any time a change is made half of the community goes to complain, while the rest are busy enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Because there are more than 1 type of player?

Some people are bored of leveling and want it over asap. Some people have played this game for years and do nothing but level new characters. The first group can buy a boost. The 2nd group get a more immersive leveling experience. It's really not rocket science.
    Why am I forced to pay them 60$ to do the same thing I've done 9 times +/- and a 15$ sub? Why cant the second group just not put on Heirlooms, not use the dungeon finder , increase health of the mobs, and scale zones?

Not increase EXP to level ,make dungeon exp sub-par, and leveling take longer
    Last edited by Dajeki; 2018-01-28 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    If you're not subbing, then why should Blizzard care, and why should I care. You're not going to pay for anything anyway. You're just whining about a game you don't even play.
    So an opinion on the direction of the game is only valid with an active sub? Because once you unsub you can NEVER sub again? Only people who play during content draught deserve a voice ?

Hell no. I never plan on leveling another character again. Of course I have a 100+ of every class other than rogue, and I'll probably use the incoming 110 boost that comes with BfA to get one of those ... but if I replicate the classes I have on the opposite faction, I will only ever do so by boosting. Leveling is a boring waste of time. Playing WoW at endgame is my only hobby (other than reading, which is cheap AF) and I'm happy to spend the money.

I don't disagree it appears they're funneling people towards buying boosts. I don't see a problem with that. They're in business to make money. They don't need to waffle on with PR speak about leveling being a valuable experience or whatever.

Uh oh quick everybody grab your tin foil hats.. conspiracies are flying

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    No. I like getting a free boost with the expansions. I really don't care that they've made leveling harder as a way to sell more boosts.
    This is certainly agreeable, I like the new levelling but having a boost is perfectly fine and there is nothing wrong about getting one for free. This does not really affect those who are not getting boosts, only if that person doesn't know how to play that class. So I don't know why people make such a fuss.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

No why would they? They made leveling more involved for all the people bitching it was "too short, and a joke" and left boosts for everyone who has the attention span of a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    No. I like getting a free boost with the expansions. I really don't care that they've made leveling harder as a way to sell more boosts.
    You could keep the free one and get rid of the payed ones in all fairness.

The expansions come with a boost because the playerbase, when buying an expansion, want to play that expansion's content. Beyond that, the boosts are not a necessary thing to see that content, and so are relegated to a microtransaction.

Though a step in the direction of what you're saying is the reward for not using boosts being the heritage armor. I'd be all for extending that to all the other races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    They are NOT forcing you to do anything. You can just NOT level any more toons, or quit the game. Make a decision, and make your own choices, and stop acting like someone's got a gun to your head. Because they don't.
    This is a terrible terrible terrible backup to anything. "Not put a gun" is the same thing like "ill just unsub". Its too easy for someone to say by always pointing out that is could get worse.

What you really meant to say was
    "They literally are not forcing you to pay . They can make more money using outdated and outplayed content more tedious so you buy a boost."
    I did notice it sounded like I had no other option than to buy a boost.

Its just not fair to fuck over veterans sick of leveling. Decked out in full BOA gear fully enchanted (Which only a veteran looking to get through the leveling experience as quickly as possible would invest into) It shouldnt take me longer to level than pre 7.3.5, maybe with just more enjoyment by being able to complete a zone or two through scaling.

This increase to the leveling system is nothing more than making it seem relevant and time worthy, when in reality its outplayed content that has been around for 8 years that doesn't progresses your character any faster or with more entertainment than you would have at max level.

would be like them selling you "Zelda ,Majoras Mask" only you have to beat "Ocarina of Time" again before you can even get to the Majoras Mask part.

If blizzard would decide that merging servers instead of having dead ass servers, this wouldn't even be a problem. I've played since vanilla and rolled on a server called Eldre' Thalas. I have almost all my toons on there. 9 of them, 5 at max lvl. The server is DEAD.

Now you are going to be like, blah blah no gun to your head bullshit. Could just level or buy a server transfer.

Why should I have to be constantly punished by blizzard because they want to milk me for more than their 15$ a month. Ill pay 16$ if it means Im not milked even more than expansion purchases and monthly charges.

These changes added nothing new or exciting to an already pretty forgotten system of leveling. The mobs are boring, the quest are repetitive, and now the mobs don't friggen die.
    Last edited by Dajeki; 2018-01-29 at 02:19 AM.