Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

so.. Queen Azshara

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...e=BFAModel:814

I haven't seen any one talking about her yet, so what do we think of her?

I was expecting the Ursala look, but afther watching it couple of times it starts to strike me.
    Realy pleased with the tentacles, just missing some Ashara things, they could've given her the golden eyes still or change that headpiece more into a golden kind of crown idk.
    Can't wait to see this model in action,, how she will move, her hair flowing etc.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-01-28 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that she's more unique looking by having tentacles instead of full snek. She even had that look in the old RPG.
    Hmm, golden eyes.. Would've looked cool and a bit out of place on the rest of her look (which would've made it look cool and unique).
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    I like that she's more unique looking by having tentacles instead of full snek. She even had that look in the old RPG.
    Hmm, golden eyes.. Would've looked cool and a bit out of place on the rest of her look (which would've made it look cool and unique).
    It would a bit I agree, but changing some colors around to make her look closer to her first appearance would also help to know it's her.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111211140039
    For example.

Even tho golden eyes are not so unique anymore, it still was something back then that was special for her character.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-01-28 at 09:54 AM.

Looks good, but I still hate that it still looks like she's going to be the final boss in the first raid tier. She should have been the final one in the expansion, or final of the second tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they didn't go the cop-out "her bottom half is always hidden so we can have a bunch of tentacles pop up!" type design that they've gone with Helya and Deathwing and all other manner of "tentacle-y" bosses.

They actually gave her a concrete design. Different from the other naga we've seen, too.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    She looks like half a Naga on a tripod. Quite ridiculous IMO.

Honestly need to see the model animated before I pass judgement. The straight, rigid tentacles (and....hair appendage things?) in the basic T-pose make her look a lot worse than she probably will once she appears in-game.

Overall though I liked the spoiled concept art of her corrupted model so hopefully once it's animated it'll look cool like that.

Agree with what other posters here and on the official forums though that it's pretty disappointing such a significant lore character is just going to be tossed in as a boss in one of BFA's first couple of raids, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how they handle her.

Deleted
    Doesn't she have 6 hands?

But... we've known she was going to look like this since BlizzCon? They showed off concept art of her. I think she looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    G'huun is the final boss of the first raid tier, right? We still don't know where azhara will be placed. For all we know she could actually be the final boss of BfA (although she most likely isn't, I'm just saying she could be.)

No, he's the final boss of the first raid instance of the first tier, like how Xavius was for Emerald Nightmare. Blizzard strongly hinted that the final boss of the first raid tier is Queen Azshara. One of the files in the alpha mentions there being a map of Nazjatar, her realm. The final boss of the expansion could be N'zoth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    G'huun is the final boss of the first raid tier, right? We still don't know where azhara will be placed. For all we know she could actually be the final boss of BfA (although she most likely isn't, I'm just saying she could be.)
    No they said she's the final boss of the raid after halls of control

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    No, he's the final boss of the first raid instance of the first tier, like how Xavius was for Emerald Nightmare. Blizzard strongly hinted that the final boss of the first raid tier is Queen Azshara. One of the files in the alpha mentions there being a map of Nazjatar, her realm. The final boss of the expansion could be N'zoth.
    Who is G'huun? Is it that Hutt-lookalike blood god thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering we no longer have tier sets, we should probably stop of thinking in "tiers". I mean, Blizzard themself even said they just think in "Raid Dungeons" and don't really differentiate between one that drops a tier set and one that doesn't drop one.

However, they did say we will fight her in the second raid during Blizzcon. Now if we actually defeat her is something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    She looks like half a Naga on a tripod. Quite ridiculous IMO.
    lol I'd die if she actually walks round with them like big stilts

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexias View Post
    Overall though I liked the spoiled concept art of her corrupted model so hopefully once it's animated it'll look cool like that.
    I don't think I've seen the corrupted version. have a link?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Well they specifically said we'd facing her, I am really hoping we don't kill her right off but something happens and the fight is interrupted in some way, or maybe more of an add fight than fighting her for real so she can be kept as a boss in the final raid tier , fighting her directly this time - less spawning trash this time around.

I love naga and water themed stuff in WoW, I would be very sad if we go to Nazjatar only as a raid and not a serious heavy story quest zone and kill her off this fast :/

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My theory for long time been we get a argus-like Naga empire zone at the end of expansion.

9.0 being an old world revamp with Old God (N'zoth) bursting from below, changing zones again.

Possibly Naga as 9.0 new Allied race or whatever after we defeated Azshara in BfA.

I feel lots of wasted potential if they threw her away as an early boss. (unless she "runs away")
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-28 at 01:16 PM.

It would make a big change in storytelling if there was actually some redemption for her and she didn't die. Most of the Warcraft villains lore theses days just ends in "...and then a band of heroes killed him/her."
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't think I've seen the corrupted version. have a link?
    Oh I was just referring to Azshara's naga form here as opposed to the pre-corruption version of her we saw in cata's Well of Eternity dungeon.

The concept art they spoiled at blizzcon just looked a lot better to me than this, but I'm sure the in-game model will look fine once we see it animated. I hope anyways....

Looks good, but I still hate that it still looks like she's going to be the final boss in the first raid tier. She should have been the final one in the expansion, or final of the second tier.
    There's no way we're actually going to kill her in the first raid tier. We'll probably fight her on land somewhere and then she'll retreat. We won't ACTUALLY defeat her until we invade Nazjatar at the bottom of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexias View Post
    Oh I was just referring to Azshara's naga form here as opposed to the pre-corruption version of her we saw in cata's Well of Eternity dungeon.

The concept art they spoiled at blizzcon just looked a lot better to me than this, but I'm sure the in-game model will look fine once we see it animated. I hope anyways....
    Well, the reason she looks so... off, is because the model is in the oh so classic T-pose. Many models looks kinda off when in those poses. Some are downright terrifying