Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep I been doing them, I need to go after the Tobi set myself soon.
    Im still struggling, i just fought a Odogaron and that motherflower took 75% of my life on the first time i got hit.
    I was like WTF!!!
    This game is not cake walk. Im constantly nervous.

edit: I forgot to tell you to Eat Food before you go on a hunt. You can also eat on camps mid hunt.
    Eat the one that gives +30 Health to not be one shoted. It helps....a lot.
    Everytime i forget to eat is a struggle.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-28 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First MH so Ive spent most of my time getting the feel of the weapons. Someone reccommend hammer. I had success but didnt like it. Liked the light gun a lot but dont want to invest time into it if it sucks down the line.

Havent really tried any of the swords and boards yet (any weapon with a shield) but the transforming on seems op but my time with it in the training room.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Though unlike Plesioth HIS ARMOR LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME!
    His DB's look like drumsticks, I was so happy when I unlocked the sabres and they were actually good.

On a random note there's apparently an elemental damage cap which I think is just tied to the weapons level or something. I was just like *WHY* when I was able to get for instance water atk +2 and not gain any additional water atk because I capped at +1.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    First MH so Ive spent most of my time getting the feel of the weapons. Someone reccommend hammer. I had success but didnt like it. Liked the light gun a lot but dont want to invest time into it if it sucks down the line.

Havent really tried any of the swords and boards yet (any weapon with a shield) but the transforming on seems op but my time with it in the training room.
    No weapon sucks down the line, they're all good.

You can actually just play whatever weapon makes you happy.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So is there a T-Mog system and if so can someone explain it?

Also does anyone know how I can get my DLC gear out of my inventory...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

The charge blade is one of the most powerful, yes. And I've seen people use the light bowgun to great effect. I've been loving the great sword and gunlance myself although they can be punishing if you miss. Before I try it, can someone tell me if the hunting horn is worth it solo and how hard it is to use?

So is there a T-Mog system and if so can someone explain it?

Also does anyone know how I can get my DLC gear out of my inventory...
    In MHXX there was apparently a way to fuse items to take the appearance of one and the stats of another, I haven't seen anything about that system existing in this game.

I've seen people say you can supposedly mog somehow but I haven't looked into it yet.

Anyone have any suggestions for using 1 headset into 2 things? I wanna figure out a way to hook up my headset to my computer and my controller at the same time but I'd need like.. a 1 female to 2 male audio splitter with reaaalllly long male leads or 1 male 2 female with a long lead that fits into my headphones. Can't seem to find an elegant solution.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-01-29 at 12:03 AM.

Deleted
    I stopped doing Story Mode immediately after seeing the Odogaran armor.
    I must have it!
    Im spaming the quest to farm this as soon as possible. It looks so cool!

https://assets.rpgsite.net/images/im...ogaron_Set.jpg

1h30 a.m in my country....and i wont stop untill i have the entire set...gives 30 armor and is the coolest thing ever.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-29 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    did all the optional quests minus the wyvern egg and just got through the first mission of the coarl highlands.

its purty

Deleted
    Mission completed, i have the entire set now :3
    159 armor, still with a crappy weapon.

Dude, this armor looks amazing. Took me 1h40min to farm. My weapon really sucks.

Got a zorah gem, not sure what to do with it. There's so little info floating around I don't even know what my options are.

I didn't unlock the armor when killing it either, makes me wonder what item you need to unlock it enough to see it because I know it exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Got a zorah gem, not sure what to do with it. There's so little info floating around I don't even know what my options are.

I didn't unlock the armor when killing it either, makes me wonder what item you need to unlock it enough to see it because I know it exists.
    It's a high rank armor set. You'll get the ability to craft it later. Although I was able to craft the weapon from the first kill lol.

- - - Updated - - -

God people are so bad at Nergigante. 4 triple carts in a row with me not dying once. To be fair I think Nergigante is going to be the first true wall in Monster Hunter since Tigrex in MHFU. You simply will not kill him if you have a lot of bad habits. He punishes that shit so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's a high rank armor set. You'll get the ability to craft it later. Although I was able to craft the weapon from the first kill lol.

- - - Updated - - -

God people are so bad at Nergigante. 4 triple carts in a row with me not dying once. To be fair I think Nergigante is going to be the first true wall in Monster Hunter since Tigrex in MHFU. You simply will not kill him if you have a lot of bad habits. He punishes that shit so hard.
    Sad part is its probably folks that got carried through Kirin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the first vale mission last night before bed. Good fights.

Need to update my gear though.

- - - Updated - - -

btw monster hunter worlds a hit!

Loving MHW and funny enough its made me a bit excited to play XX on my Switch when I get it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Am i wrong in assuming this is a 50 hour Campaign...and for some probably a 80 hour.

Im at HR 9 and i have 18 hours played. I haven't even unlocked High level quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Am i wrong in assuming this is a 50 hour Campaign...and for some probably a 80 hour.

Im at HR 9 and i have 18 hours played. I haven't even unlocked High level quests.
    I'm HR4 and at about 18 hours, but to be fair I been doing repeat quests and just hunting shit with friends. I think the length of the Story Mode will depend the person playing.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-29 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm HR4 and at about 18 hours, but to be fair I been doing repeat quests and just hunting shit with friends. I think the length of the Story Mode will depend the person playing.
    Same here, about 18-20 hours and I just killed my first Tzitzi Ya Ku. I spent most of yesterday doing investigations with a friend.

On a side note, I just figured out the long sword mechanics last night. Might be the first light weapon I use. Anyone have tips for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Same here, about 18-20 hours and I just killed my first Tzitzi Ya Ku. I spent most of yesterday doing investigations with a friend.

On a side note, I just figured out the long sword mechanics last night. Might be the first light weapon I use. Anyone have tips for it?
    Ya I just started using the long sword myself and I love it. Sadly I got no tip's since I am getting use to it.

Deleted
    Yeah, i'm starting to see a pattern here.
    -Do Story Mode
    -Until you are having problems
    -Side track to farm recent gear and weapons
    -Get full armor
    -Continue doing Story Mode (with a little less pressure)

It just depends on "how soon" you find "problems" and how soon you need to side track and Farm Stuff.

So far i have found problems 2 times. Tobi-Kadashi and Odogaron.
    And i farmed both their gear.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-29 at 01:45 PM.

20 hours in and just killed my first Anjanath, can now to go the mission to capture Zorah Magdaros
    Might do some farming of the large monsters (except Pukei-Pukei, Kulu-Ya-Ku and Great Jagras) before that though.
    Haven't killed Rathalos, Rathian and Diablos yet, not sure I even want to try at this point using a level 3 Bone Armor set with Bone Switch Axe.