Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Mmm champion also thinks it's immune from eu freedom of expression laws.
    I would say they probably are...... until pursued by virtue of international treaties. There is probably a difference to "Legally immune" and "virtually immune". Pursuing takes time and money - and I would suspect is less likely to be actioned unless there is a formal complaint. Depends if they want to "assume" immunity and risk a large fine or not. It's probably about risk vs benefits. They may decided that the risk is small enough to carry on as they are.

I should add though: I am not a lawyer so this is all my own reasoning. I am involved at preparing for GDPR where I work however so have been spending a far amount of time reading up on the subject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    I would say they probably are...... until pursued by virtue of international treaties. There is probably a difference to "Legally immune" and "virtually immune". Pursuing takes time and money - and I would suspect is less likely to be actioned unless there is a formal complaint. Depends if they want to "assume" immunity and risk a large fine or not. It's probably about risk vs benefits. They may decided that the risk is small enough to carry on as they are.

I should add though: I am not a lawyer so this is all my own reasoning. I am involved at preparing for GDPR where I work however so have been spending a far amount of time reading up on the subject.
    You're probably spot on. Of course mmoc is low hanging fruit for the eu to be concerned about...They should be aware though in case the owners have any holidays planned in the eu in the future

As always, if you have a good reason for deleting an account, use the Contact Us button on the top menu to request it. Additionally, the current topic would have best served as a new thread instead of bumping a very old one.

To that topic, we are aware of the upcoming laws, and work is being done internally for when that time comes.

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions