Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New racial ability info - BFA

Arcane Torrent for Blood Elves is being nerfed. Now a 2.5 minute cooldown, up from 1.5 min. Now silences for only 1 second, down from 2 seconds.

Void Elf racial Entropic Embrace is no longer just cosmetic. It now increases all damage and healing effects by 5% for 12 seconds when it procs.

Nightborne 1% magical damage reduction racial has been changed to just a 1% arcane damage reduction racial. Force Shield is now Arcane Pulse. Arcane Pulse lasts only 12 seconds (down from 20) and has a three minute cooldown with 8 yard range.
    Last edited by ThePallyRanger; 2018-01-29 at 05:36 PM.

So playing a warrior as nightborne will no have literally zero benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by Faliz18 View Post
    I can't think of any. Maybe some benefits in PvP.

I'm ok with Blood elves changes. It is still a pretty strong one.
    Void Elves could use a nerf and be changed into a 1-2% instead of 5%.
    Finally, Nightborne racial seems nice to pop stealth. Meh otherwise.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Can't say if the Void Elf racial is bad\good without knowing the proc rate and internal cooldown, but it seems more interesting than just 1% of a secondary stat passively like a lot of the other races get.

Also is Entropic Embrace's proc what is supposed to make velves look all blue and glowy like a voidwalker like in those datamined pictures from a while back, or is that something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexias View Post
    Can't say if the Void Elf racial is bad\good without knowing the proc rate and internal cooldown, but it seems more interesting than just 1% of a secondary stat passively like a lot of the other races get.

Also is Entropic Embrace's proc what is supposed to make velves look all blue and glowy like a voidwalker like in those datamined pictures from a while back, or is that something else?
    As I understand it, Entropic Embrace is your void form like the one Alleria has.

More buffs for void and everything else is getting nerfed. Figures. Night borne become worse and worse
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    As I understand it, Entropic Embrace is your void form like the one Alleria has.
    Ahh all right that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Faliz18 View Post
    The active ability of theirs is not only a slow, it also deals damage. Obviously it's situational, but at least as long as you stick to the target, you'll hit it (and ensure you can keep sticking to that target due to the slow component). Now lightforged racial which is also "click this to deal damage" has much higher chance to be dodged than an aura around you (on a melee class) which also slows. You'd have to see damage values and compare to for example: forsaken (it used to be piss poor, apparently they buffed touch of the grave but question is whether it's even remotely good now), worgen (1% crit is very poor for a warrior in the current stat weight iteration, that could change, but you get a very weak passive and a small sprint that is probably not needed between charges and leaps), normal draenei (some puny amount of strength, which in the current stat weight world is probably even worse than 1% crit) and panda (inherently tied to the power level of currently available food buffs, if you're cheap or if you die and get crezzed, you don't keep the racial buff ofc).

I'm not saying Nightborne would be anywhere as good for a warrior than for example Highmountain, but I'm not sure if they'll be the worst.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-01-29 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The active ability of theirs is not only a slow, it also deals damage. Obviously it's situational, but at least as long as you stick to the target, you'll hit it (and ensure you can keep sticking to that target due to the slow component). Now lightforged racial which is also "click this to deal damage" has much higher chance to be dodged than an aura around you (on a melee class) which also slows. You'd have to see damage values and compare to for example: forsaken (it used to be piss poor, apparently they buffed touch of the grave but question is whether it's even remotely good now), worgen (1% crit is very poor for a warrior in the current stat weight iteration, that could change, but you get a very weak passive and a small sprint that is probably not needed between charges and leaps), normal draenei (some puny amount of strength, which in the current stat weight world is probably even worse than 1% crit) and panda (inherently tied to the power level of currently available food buffs, if you're cheap or if you die and get crezzed, you don't keep the racial buff ofc).

I'm not saying Nightborne would be anywhere as good for a warrior than for example Highmountain, but I'm not sure if they'll be the worst.
    It's literally worthless. 1% crit or vers might not be amazing, but it's SOMETHING. Warrior deals ZERO magic damage. It's literally a dead racial. This needs to be addressed.

"1 racial is useless so whole race is useless" disregarding everything else... They already have an active damaging racial so not that they have none. I'm worried the opposite, arcane pulse + 1% magic damage is gonna be broken OP on mage, warlock or shadow priest. Because they will have 2 damage increase racials while other races offer 1. Well, not counting goblin's rocket barrage, because that thing is literally worthless. And somehow wasn't removed despite being so.

The 1% reduction is just for Arcane now for Nightborne, not totally removed.

Void Elves passive that prevents spell delay and a free passive trinket for 5% dmg + heals makes them the ultimate training wheels for pvp.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The 1% reduction is just for Arcane now for Nightborne, not totally removed.
    Correct. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    "1 racial is useless so whole race is useless" disregarding everything else... They already have an active damaging racial so not that they have none. I'm worried the opposite, arcane pulse + 1% magic damage is gonna be broken OP on mage, warlock or shadow priest. Because they will have 2 damage increase racials while other races offer 1. Well, not counting goblin's rocket barrage, because that thing is literally worthless. And somehow wasn't removed despite being so.
    I dunno if it's that OP for casters, cause it only has an 8 yard range, and usually you want to stay out of range of melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    More buffs for void and everything else is getting nerfed. Figures. Night borne become worse and worse
    Obviously to get the hardcore raiding scene back to Alliance /s

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    Void Elves passive that prevents spell delay and a free passive trinket for 5% dmg + heals makes them the ultimate training wheels for pvp.
    not only that but they get a fucking free teleport. Like what the fuck. Nightborne get a 1% damage boost to arcane and the worlds smallest aoe slow which is literally useless because it's so small and weak.

but hey at least we get a fucking mailbox rofl
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Good!

10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    not only that but they get a fucking free teleport. Like what the fuck. Nightborne get a 1% damage boost to arcane and the worlds smallest aoe slow which is literally useless because it's so small and weak.

but hey at least we get a fucking mailbox rofl
    That juicy +15 Inscription skill though.

Nightborne get a 1% damage boost to arcane and the worlds smallest aoe slow which is literally useless because it's so small and weak.
    The 1% is all magical damage, though?

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    I'm ok with Blood elves changes. It is still a pretty strong one.
    Void Elves could use a nerf and be changed into a 1-2% instead of 5%.
    Finally, Nightborne racial seems nice to pop stealth. Meh otherwise.
    Depends on the proc rate. I think it's fine because it's random and not likely to be lined up with abilities like an on use.