Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Allied racials aren't even OP. Void elves get a blink? OP. (Forget that it has a 3 minute CD, still OP). Nightborne get 1% increased magic damage? OP. (Forget that most specs "high parses" are based on RNG procs so 1% doesn't really matter overall. Still OP.)

New racials always look insane on paper, but probably aren't in practice. Most of the increased % damage is so low that someone less geared than you can still out DPS you because pretty much every spec is proc dependant now. You can get 0 procs in a fight but, hey, at least you have the 1% increase right? The 1% damage reduction will probably save you 1/1000 times. Really OP if you ask me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Does the nightborne racial really have to amplify magic damage and only magic damage? It would be nice to have a slight ability increase and magical resistance on a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    We are not talking about classes with the abilities. Classes should have them. We are talking about racials combined with the certain classes. If Highmountain Tauren will become the best tanks because of their Racial will give them a edge over all other races, then yes you will see Raiding guilds pretty much demand all their tanks be High Mountain. It will cause another issue with more alliance leaving and going horde. It will cause a issue with players who dont want to play Highmountain , but because Most raiding guilds are Min/max, they will be forced to do so or they dont raid with them. To say you wont have any problem with it is being short sighted on the subject .

Youi are also missing the point that the racials offering a "small convenience" can actually be a huge deal. And for Min/Maxers it will be mandatory. Blizzard has already said that many of the instanced content in BFA will be very reliant on having a couple of mandatory classes involved. Its just more evidence of these Devs taking away players choices and forcing them into roles or races they may not want to play.

- - - Updated - - -

If Blizzard designed these new racials knowing players will use paid Boosts or class changes, or level all new toons and increase their MAu/DAU, I doubt they will make any changes to them.
    I get that some racials can be powerful in some rare situations, but the new ones are not any more OP than what we already have. Goblins getting 1% haste could definitely be better than a flat out 1% increase in magical damage. The teleport could also be comparable with the goblin rocket jump and it's on 1.5min cd compared to 3min. I can see where the teleport would be more useful than the rocket jump, but in majority of situations the rocket jump is better.

Yes, if you're in a top guild you would probably need to do whatever it takes to get WF. For the rest they do not make much of a difference.

Deleted
    They don't give a damn. If they did, there wouldn't be AoE racials. That stuff is stupid OP and they never did anything about it. Not only that but they added another one. The devs don't care about balance, they only care about population.

OP is an exagerated word, but the new racials are sightly better than racials of old races. They can be OP only in some specific situation or in case of pure luck, but still better than old ones.
    I would not be surprised if just let players to blindly throw with race change an lvl boost then nerf them all in 8.1 to be on par with the other races.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    BEcause as much as people freak out about them, they still make these games a ton of really quick cash. Notice that Bungie is not removing them from D2, they are just tweaking it. No way in hell would Blizzard not add them to WOW. They game is on the decline , has been for years. They will milk this thing for every drop of cash they can. Blizzard has not worried about pissing off the players before.
    It’s more then likely if they tried to add loot boxes it would be more like battlefront 2 and they would just remove them, the back lash would be huge and Even blizzard would know they would lose way more then they would make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Blizzard drones will tell you it isn't a cash grab because "OMG HERITAGE ARMOR!", but the truth is nobody who isn't an OCD completionist gives a damn about some random cosmetic appearances.

So yes, it's all about the money.
    spoken like a TRUE blizzard hater.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt they were strong. I don't reroll for any man or beast...but...these are tempting.

i think that just cause they are unlocked by getting achievements is getting to blizzards head.

5% is a lot... i could see maybe 1 or 2%, but 5% is an awful lot

I'll be throwing my money at blizzard to be a VElf the second I can. Already got her hair, face, etc all picked out. Let's gooooo

I'm actually sad that the Nightborne racials as useless for healers.. I was looking forward to race change, but arcane torrent is still too good.

Even nerfed, 3% mana every 2.5 minutes is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Seriously man. Take your best friend, sit him down in front of you and tell him this shit. Watch him break down in tears at how stupid what you just wrote sounds. It angers you? Really? You sound like a 12year old who didn’t get his candy
    That would require having friends

Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    OP is an exagerated word, but the new racials are sightly better than racials of old races. They can be OP only in some specific situation or in case of pure luck, but still better than old ones.
    I would not be surprised if just let players to blindly throw with race change an lvl boost then nerf them all in 8.1 to be on par with the other races.
    slightly? void elves get a gnawed thumb ring proc racial. that is broken if ive ever seen it. wouldnt be surprised if every top guild went ally for progression and made all their players switch to void elf. thats how crazy it is. even if it only procced once a minute thats still busted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alphablitz View Post
    I don’t get why people think allied racials are op.

Just an example:
    Void elves:
    Chill of the Night - Reduces shadow damage taken by 1%.
    Entropic Embrace - Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the Essence of the Void (5% dps/healing buff).
    Ethereal Connection - Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%.
    Preternatural Calm - Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage.
    Spatial Rift - Tear a rift in space. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift.

Draenei (not new ones):
    Gift of the Naaru: Heals the target for 20% of the caster's total health over 5 sec.
    Gemcutting: Jewelcrafting skill increased by 10.
    Heroic Presence: Increases your Strength, Agility, and Intellect by 425 (scales with level).
    Shadow Resistance: Reduces Shadow damage taken by 1%.

1 extra racial. Not that much more and tbh, 50% off transmog is meh for a racial.
    youre conveniently ignoring the damage buff racial, lol.

it's a 1% dps increase which is worse than human 2% stats, use your head

Quote Originally Posted by prizminferno View Post
    it's a 1% dps increase which is worse than human 2% stats, use your head
    thats not how the human racial works, and thats also assuming its 1 proc per minute.

Meh, not sure yet will either just level one to 110 and switch to it from BFA release since nothing of importance is really character specific, or just spend that astronomical price of 300k lul and get a race change because i'm too lazy to level.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Nightbourne gets flat magic damage increase and reduction. With an aoe ability.

Void Elves get a teleport

Highmountain tauren get a knock down and flat DR making it possibly the strongest tanking race.

Why are they doing this? After the nerf to the likes of humans perception or will of the forsaken on undead. Do they really want people race changing this much?
    $$$ is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Nightbourne gets flat magic damage increase and reduction. With an aoe ability.

Void Elves get a teleport

Highmountain tauren get a knock down and flat DR making it possibly the strongest tanking race.

Why are they doing this? After the nerf to the likes of humans perception or will of the forsaken on undead. Do they really want people race changing this much?
    Well, to be fair, if all the new races sucked I would consider them useless and would not play them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    and who's fucked ?

peoples like me who play dk or dh for main character will be the less powerfull race/class combinaison, good job Blizzard :P

edit:

i hope so or blizzard is stupid af

Aesthetically is the ONLY place you will be under powered, but admit it, that is all that matters to you. None of the racials benefit DH or DK directly based on our damage over any of the existing racials. Wow, a teleport... BFD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    The 1% damage increase is on par with the damage increase Orcs get. It really...isn't...that...big...of...a...deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    and who's fucked ?

peoples like me who play dk or dh for main character will be the less powerfull race/class combinaison, good job Blizzard :P

edit:

i hope so or blizzard is stupid af
    Ya DHs and DKs have had it so bad this expansion
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore