The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

HELP! LFG problem with item level when MAKING groups

I have an item set with equipped level (actually on character, not in bags) of 966.4.

I can see and apply to groups with requirement 965 (actual requirement, not just title) in the LFG tool.

BUT IF I TRY TO MAKE A GROUP, IT WON'T LET ME SET REQUIREMENT ABOVE 964!

WTF is going on here? How can it let me see and apply to 965+ grps but not make my own?

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee View Post
    I have an item set with equipped level (actually on character, not in bags) of 966.4.

I can see and apply to groups with requirement 965 (actual requirement, not just title) in the LFG tool.

WTF is going on here? How can it let me see and apply to 965+ grps but not make my own?
    Um... wat? If this is actually true, I want to applaud Blizzard for not letting players set higher itemlevel requirements than they are able to provide themselves. Seriously, kudos Blizz.

If this is a complaint about a single item level I don't know what to tell you. It seems like a strange thing to get upset over, but I guess it technically isn't totally unwarranted.

If this is a complaint about not being able to set the itemlevel requirement higher than you own, then the only thing I can say is lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Um... wat? If this is actually true, I want to applaud Blizzard for not letting players set higher itemlevel requirements than they are able to provide themselves. Seriously, kudos Blizz.

If this is a complaint about a single item level I don't know what to tell you. It seems like a strange thing to get upset over, but I guess it technically isn't totally unwarranted.

If this is a complaint about not being able to set the itemlevel requirement higher than you own, then the only thing I can say is lol.
    I think his complaint is that he can see groups that require 965, but can't make groups that require 965

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you daft? Did you read OP?

My equipped itemlevel is 966.4. As in, more than a full item level more than 965. I can see and apply to groups with hard req 965+. But I cant set the req in my own group to 965

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I think his complaint is that he can see groups that require 965, but can't make groups that require 965
    I'm assuming that, too. As I said in my second 'paragraph', it seems like a strange thing to get upset about but it's not unwarranted. If it doesn't work, it should.

- - - Updated - - -

My equipped itemlevel is 966.4. As in, more than a full item level more than 965. I can see and apply to groups with hard req 965+. But I cant set the req in my own group to 965
    You said 965+, so I was clarifying. I am assuming you skimmed over my post and responded defensively. And that's cool, I won't hold it against you.

I sympathize somewhat, but it seems odd to get upset about being unable to make a group's requirement one item level higher. Definitely odd though, and it obviously shouldn't be a thing.

I sympathize somewhat, but it seems odd to get upset about being unable to make a group's requirement one item level higher. Definitely odd though, and it obviously shouldn't be a thing.
    Please explain why it's odd that a character with an equipped item level of 966 cannot set the item level requirement for his own group to 965?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Please explain why it's odd that a character with an equipped item level of 966 cannot set the item level requirement for his own group to 965?
    Well, for one thing, he is one item level higher than the requirement he is trying to set. Seems kind of odd to me, but I guess it might not to you?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

It's a bug that's been going on for a bit
    I had a ton of problems with this around the 940 range for normals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    uh....I'll leave it up to you to figure out, as a mental exercise
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

If it is a non-mythic group I am personally okay with them not letting you set it that high, and actually applaud Blizzard for that. Maybe it is Blizzard's super secret way of cutting down on carry noobs that set groups doing Heroic (max un-titanforged iLvL loot of 945) to iLvL required of 1000. That or part of what makes up your iLvL is 3 1,000 iLvL legendaries and it scales it differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Well, for one thing, he is one item level higher than the requirement he is trying to set. Seems kind of odd to me, but I guess it might not to you?
    Not sure if you missed the "cannot set" in Mercane's sentence there or not? He should be all accounts be able to set it to 966 - which means he definitely should be able to set it to 965 if he wishes to do so as that is how the system works.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not sure if you missed the "cannot set" in Mercane's sentence there or not? He should be all accounts be able to set it to 966 - which means he definitely should be able to set it to 965 if he wishes to do so as that is how the system works.
    And he said he is unable to do so... which is odd to me, because he should be able to.

Quite frankly, I am starting to get confused as to how you are confused by my post. How is that not odd?

5+ Year Old Account
    hey, after trying to figure this out myself there seem to be a 3 ilv gap you have to set below your actual item level...as im 974 i can only make a group at 971.