Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Should all races get their own heritage armor?

Seeing that all the allied races are getting a heritage armor that reflects their identity and adds a cool flavor to the new races, do you think all the other races should get heritage armor in future patches? With their rep+questlines etc. Being the requirement to earn it.

Night Elves for instance can get an updated sentinel+warden hybrid armor that also shows off their skin similar to their warcraft 3 and esrly WoW concept arts that represents their identity as guardians of the nature. Thunderbluff Tauren can get a tribal armor decorated with fangs, tribal art and feathers (perhaps a feathered tribal crown?), Bronzebeard Dwarves can get a decent mountaineer armor that reflects their identityas hardened mountain dwellers, Blood Elves can get the spell breaker armor with the iconic spellbreaker shield, etc etc.

I think this is a nice step in adding flavor to the races that we have. With the appearance of phased zones and the way blizzard is using it to make it possible to quest in old zones it is possible to make old zones interesting for high level players. So instead of having these armors handed to us fairly easily, they can instead lock it down behind world quests and reputation grinds.

They can create world zone dailies in places like duskwood and ashenvale or felwood and have players explore the post old-cataclysm lore of these zones, advance the lore by having us visit these zones and interact with those zones NPCs and do dailies as a high level player without disrupting the leveling experience of low level players.

The reward can be faction armor and weapons, perhaps even titles and pets.

It's a neat idea and all but kind of unnecessary. Most of the base races have some heritage armors to choose from already, and it would be very difficult to make these armor sets available retroactively. Are you just screwed if you already leveled them? Because that would be pretty damn lame if Blizzard did that.

Don't get me wrong... I like racially themed armor, but I don't really see a way for it to work well for older races.

I would like to see silvermoon guard armor. In WoD we got Orgrimmar guard armor so it's about time we get spellbreaket armor set.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    It's a neat idea and all but kind of unnecessary. Most of the base races have some heritage armors to choose from already, and it would be very difficult to make these armor sets available retroactively. Are you just screwed if you already leveled them? Because that would be pretty damn lame if Blizzard did that.

Don't get me wrong... I like racially themed armor, but I don't really see a way for it to work well for older races.
    Why would it need to be retroactively given? Just make it so if you hit 110 or any certain expansion level that a quest is offered in which you then go out and either learn about the race more, just given the armor or something.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they did faction-flavored xmog in WoD, with the stormwind guard armor and the weird tribal rags.
    They did armor sets in Legion, too, with the quest in Seat where you kill the guy in front of the armory, loot an item, and turn it in for the lightforged armor.

They could do something similar very easily by allowing these armor pieces to be purchased, either singular or by set, from the rep vendors that already exist (the ones that sell the tabard and a 16slot bag).
    Locking them behind rep is the easy way to go, or they could implement quest lines that, upon completion of each step, you get one piece of xmog.

But anywho, racial armors, as full sets, would be kinda cool to have.

Could be a neat change going forward.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I already have most of the Silvermoon armour sets, so I'm good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I would love that.. Would give more incentive to level than boost.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Why would it need to be retroactively given? Just make it so if you hit 110 or any certain expansion level that a quest is offered in which you then go out and either learn about the race more, just given the armor or something.
    You'd have to relevel a new character or it wouldn't apply the same rules. Not that I like the rules to begin with; it should simply be that having a level 110 unlocks them, but anyways...

If being level 110+ unlocks the armor, then I'm definitely fine with it.

Yeah, having each race have a heritage armor locked behind the leveling? Wouldn't spark controversy at all among the "I want rewards but I don't want to play!!"-crowd.

I'd say most races already have a slew of sets to choose from that fit their race, although I wouldn't be opposed to a Racial Heritage armor set which was hidden behind something else than 1-110 leveling... Perhaps a combo of being exalted with the faction of your race, + all the quests of a zone heavily relevant to your race?

Something along those lines.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    They did armor sets in Legion, too, with the quest in Seat where you kill the guy in front of the armory, loot an item, and turn it in for the lightforged armor.
    What quest is this???

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say getting to lvl 120 rewards the armor but I know even that would spark the fires

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alltrueist View Post
    What quest is this???
    Something to do with Seat of the Triumvirate, you get a quest to kill the guy and loot the armory in the dungeon.
    The set reward is the set you unlock through the 880 BOA tokens.
    I finished teh quest on my druid and unlocked the 'leather' set (there's 4, 1 for each armor type), which gave me wrists and belt, I think, as they were the only two I had yet to open through the tokens at that point.
    If you don't have any of the armor class, it would unlock all 8 pieces of the set.

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=48231/t...he-triumvirate

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You'd have to relevel a new character or it wouldn't apply the same rules. Not that I like the rules to begin with; it should simply be that having a level 110 unlocks them, but anyways...

If being level 110+ unlocks the armor, then I'm definitely fine with it.
    That's attempting to apply the current rules to something else. Obviously if something has been in existence for awhile the rules would need to be tweaked to accommodate it. Secondly they could make it either level a race 1-110 without boosts or anything if the character level is already 110 then you must do 110-120. Simple things like that can be implemented and be fine.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but all Allied Races, even new ones in future patches, should have heritage armour.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's a cool Idea I wouldn't mind race only gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about *should* but it'd be great if they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    All races for getting a Heritage Armor? Heck Yes! In fact I would love that very much. I think the Races who really needs Heritage Armor sets lot more would be Worgens, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Goblins, Tauren, Undead, Blood Elves, and Pandaren. Humans, Orcs, Trolls, and Draenei are for the part all set unless there might be new Crystal Armor for Draeneis and Darkspear Theme Armor for Trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't GW2 do this?

Normally, I'd say no, as I hate seeing gear for my class that I can't obtain, and it already annoys me with faction limitations. That said, they're already opening the door, so there's really no reason not to.

I guess it could be exclusive to make Allied Races feel more important, but that seems very meh.

Should they add more sets that fit existing races and even race/class combinations? Absolutely! But I'm not a fan of developers deciding who uses what. Didn't like it with class mounts and don't like it with heritage armor.