Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    thought trump would have got rid of all the illegal aliens by then
    turns out they arnt little grey aliens, they are little orange aliens, so hes cool with it
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2018-01-29 at 08:45 PM.

As long as if One Piece can finish before then, I'll be just fine.

Also we never know with technology. Unless the money greedy people in the upper parts of society hide all these from everybody else because they won't profit. Otherwise we could see a sudden surge of technology soon in our lifetimes. Maybe even before this generation dies we'll have flying cars.

But I honestly doubt it considering the fact this generation also finds eating tide pods to be a challenge.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    Humans all die one day depressing as It Is but It can't be stopped.
    What makes you think that technology won't effect life span?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    As long as I outlive GRRM and get to finish GoT I'll be good.
    That's a really shitty goal to set..

GRRM is probably going to die of something, before hes able to finish the last book. I mean, just look at him. I wish it wasn't so, but really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    Humans all die one day depressing as It Is but It can't be stopped.
    I don't find it sad, someone has to pay the price to work for a better future, though I am only one person, one can at least try.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This could be the end best time to be alive ever. The near and far future could be an ugly struggle of exhausted resources and too many humans. Cultural and national forces could push themselves out of balance and make your country hell to live in. Enjoy what you have and do what you can to improve it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I do not get depressed ( sad ) over something which is inevitable. Plus, I do not believe it is the end of myself when I do die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't give a shit. When im dead, im dead. Whats the point in thinking about it when its the last thing that will happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Who knows what happens when we die. Death is but the next great adventure.
    Death is like taking out the cardridge mid-game

all they have to do is figure out how to sustain the brain and integrate it into a robotic body

then we'll live indefinitely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    It depends on what you think "you" means. Is "you" your experience? i.e, your memory? Is "you" your conscious awareness? Is "you" your body?

Memories can be saved, and the way time and "universe" works, all events (experiences) are "saved" in space/time.

Your body is just matter... it still exists, just in a different form.

Your conciousness... well that is a hard question, as we still don't know what "consciousness" is. It could be "retained" in some way as well...
    the you reading this right now is you.

a copy of you isn't you, it is a copy that might become an entirely different person based on its own subjective life experiences from the point of its creation.

there's no point in copying yourself, you reading this right now will die.

the better option is to figure out how to keep the brain alive indefinitely, and offload memories into brain-ssd's so we don't go crazy from too much information storage.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    all they have to do is figure out how to sustain the brain and integrate it into a robotic body then we'll live indefinitely.
    Wishful thinking based upon such thought as what comes from a living body.
    The likelihood of a human brain trying to deal with alien structures (inorganic material) and the inability to feel, will likely kill a person attempting such a thing. (This is called "rejection.")

If my conciousness awareness moves into you, am I still me?

The "POV" seems to come from being aware of the memories. If my awareness moved into your body, and had your memories, I would be "you"...

Memories can be copied... consciousness is what we need to figure out.
    there's two options as to what the consciousness experiencing our conversation is.

it's either the processes within our brains, which means consciousness is entirely in the brain and there's never going to be a way to copy it.

or there's a soul. which is a whole other can of worms.

the experience that is us right now, i do not believe can ever be transferred into anything else unless you physically move the brain into something else. that's the only way i see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Wishful thinking based upon such thought as what comes from a living body.
    The likelihood of a human brain trying to deal with alien structures (inorganic material) and the inability to feel, will likely kill a person attempting such a thing. (This is called "rejection.")
    i feel like it is possible with advanced enough technology.

i hope it is. not even to avoid dying, i kinda want to die. but so i could one day design a body i want to be in and get to have it.

"Excuse me miss but do you realize you have your boob in my ear?"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i feel like it is possible with advanced enough technology. i hope it is. not even to avoid dying, i kinda want to die. but so i could one day design a body i want to be in and get to have it.
    "feels before reals" is that it?
    Because you're basing your "possibility" on something that doesn't exist today.
    Whether it "will" exist, isn't proven.

Basically, you have a belief.
    Just like a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Nope. I do not get depressed ( sad ) over something which is inevitable. Plus, I do not believe it is the end of myself when I do die.
    if you're correct, you realize you're probably not going to be very pleased with the outcome, right?

you're held to a standard that you don't even know all the requirements to meet, and some of them you likely flatly reject as not being needed anymore(the ten commandments, the dietary law, etc.).

if you're not following what it says to the absolute letter, you're not going to make it.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-01-30 at 12:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i will embrace death as an old friend when we met but until then i will try to greet every day before that with joy

I don't believe in "souls"... but there could be something like a quantum signature. That could "move"... and let's hope it can be moved otherwise "teleportation" is murder.
    i do believe teleportation would straight up just kill you.

i'm not a very intelligent person. i had the chance to be at one point, but i pissed that away. this quantum shit, idk, i feel like there could be something there i guess. but that moves into the soul territory honestly.

if it's oogey boogey energy waves we hardly know anything about, is that really all that different from a magical divine entity within us?

Not really, no.

I'm saddened by the knowledge that I'll lose loved ones, and the thought of them having to live through losing me if something were to happen. I'm not saddened by death in itself though, I'm not religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    We will probably not die of natural causes anymore if we live another ~30 more years.

You cease to exist in any form you might think of.
    Maybe.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "feels before reals" is that it?
    Because you're basing your "possibility" on something that doesn't exist today.
    Whether it "will" exist, isn't proven.

Basically, you have a belief.
    Just like a lot of people.
    we've already had monkeys live as just a head, without their body. that was back in like the 1960s.

when we've got truly advanced tech, it's probably going to be a certainty.